xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: High School Football  (Read 384 times)

buttface96

• Archived User
High School Football
« on: October 15, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »

I don't know how many here played or are currently playing high school football. This year is my junior year (first year on varsity) and were looking better than we ever have since 2002, when we went all the way to the semi finals. Last year we lost a heart breaking game in the first round of play offs 28-31. We were basically down 7-21 at the half, and fought balls out in the 2nd half, only to come up 3 points short in a 28-31 loss.

Anyway this year we lost our first 2 pre season games (pretty close), first game we lost 6-9, and second was 19-12. But those first 2 games we were still struggling as a team, in addition to a few other issues. We got everything solved and came together in our first home win 27-7 against Buena High School. The following week was away for another schools homecoming (they picked us because they usually beat us). Long story short, we kicked there ass 41- 0. That game really set the tone for our potential, especially leading into a huge rival game we had next week against Ventura ( Our school (Oxnard HS) and Ventura HS has the longest standing rivalry in all of Ventura County. But the hard part was that we were away, and we have never beat them on their field since 1996, a huge rallying point for us. We came out hard and whipped their ass 35-6. After that, our rankings went from 10th in the rankings to 5th, just because no team has ever done that to Ventura. Then last week was our first League Game and Homecoming vs another long standing rival Hueneme, and we owned them 41-9.

So currently our overall record is 4-2, and Leage is 1-0, this week we go up against Rio Mesa, a school that whipped our ass at our homecoming last year, but this year they lost a lot of great seniors and are looking like crap lol.

As for me, I'm not starting like I wanted to =/, just second string center, but I've been getting a lot of playing time the past 4 games. Anyway you can keep track of us at: http://www.maxpreps....7f-652c29439d27

and I'm number 59 wink.gif

buttface96

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »

well we whooped on rio mesa 21-3 on friday night (should have been a shut out, but they went for a pussy field goal with 3 seconds left on the clock and made it) anyway that makes us 5-2 overall, but more importantly 2-0 in league

sicknasty413

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »

My football team sucks! lol.

I think were like 1 and 10/11 right now.

I don't play football, but a few people want me to try out next year. I'm not sure how serious they are.. because

1- I'm short/small. Like 5'6" - ~135 pounds
2- I've never played football in my life
3- I rarely watch football (on t.v.)

I think I may try out anyway. Honestly, I think I'd make the team no problem.. because that's how much our team sucks.. but I don't think I'd get to play (that often).. and that's just no fun.

P.S. I'll be a senior next year.

buttface96

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Oct 21 2007, 04:02 PM) View Post

I don't play football, but a few people want me to try out next year. I'm not sure how serious they are.. because

I think I may try out anyway. Honestly, I think I'd make the team no problem.. because that's how much our team sucks.. but I don't think I'd get to play (that often).. and that's just no fun.

Hmmm it would be extremely difficult to get into and keep up with the program (atleast out here) How is your strength? And how fast are you? The more strength and quickness you have, the easier it will be for you. I didnt play football till my freshman year, when I was about 5'9 and 145lbs, and with a 5.6 40yd sprint time.  After 2 solid years (Im a junior currently as well) I'm about 200lbs, 5,11 and have a 4.9 40 time.

I dont know how your team runs, but hey, youve got nothing to loose by trying out

Reaper527

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Oct 21 2007, 08:02 PM) View Post

football is a commitment, and i personally think you don't sound interested enough to join it. i played for 9 years (5 yrs pop warner, 4 yrs high school), and loved every minute of it, but its practice every day for 3 hours, plus weight training after that, and its a lot of work if your not interested.

if you are however interested, it is definitely quite the experience and its tons of fun if you are actually interested in football.

buttface96

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Oct 21 2007, 08:38 PM) View Post

football is a commitment, and i personally think you don't sound interested enough to join it. i played for 9 years (5 yrs pop warner, 4 yrs high school), and loved every minute of it, but its practice every day for 3 hours, plus weight training after that, and its a lot of work if your not interested.

if you are however interested, it is definitely quite the experience and its tons of fun if you are actually interested in football.

Could not have said it better, if your not commited... don't even bother. Here is our weekly schedule

Monday: 6AM Weights, School, Practice (2-3hours)
Tuesday:7AM Morning Practice (Full Gear), School, Practice (2-3hours)
Wednesday:6AM Weights, School, Practice (2-3hours)
Thursday: 7AM Morning Practice (Full Gear), School, Practice (2-3hours)
Friday: Gameday

And these are all mandatory here, miss one and your fucked. Our schedule this week has been so weird with the fires, the stupid school district had to come to our school to get us off the field, because with all the fires around here the air quality isnt as great. And on Tuesday we had a full practice in our gym... very gnarly

Reaper527

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »

you guys practice in full pads on the day before a game? we used to just have shoulderpads/helmet and shorts and have an easy walkthrough day so everyone would be physically prepared for the game.

buttface96

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Oct 25 2007, 08:49 PM) View Post

you guys practice in full pads on the day before a game? we used to just have shoulderpads/helmet and shorts and have an easy walkthrough day so everyone would be physically prepared for the game.

We do depending on how well we've worked through out the week, and we mainly work on special teams on thursdays.

BTW we won last night, played extremely shitty, but we beat CI raiders 49-13 (should have been like 60-0, because they are the shittest team around, but we came out a bit too cocky)

That makes us 6-2 Overall, with a 6 game winning streak, and 3-0 in league. We got a big game this week against Camarillo (also 3-0 and defending league Champs)

buttface96

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 12:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(buttface96 @ Oct 27 2007, 08:24 AM) View Post

We do depending on how well we've worked through out the week, and we mainly work on special teams on thursdays.

BTW we won last night, played extremely shitty, but we beat CI raiders 49-13 (should have been like 60-0, because they are the shittest team around, but we came out a bit too cocky)

That makes us 6-2 Overall, with a 6 game winning streak, and 3-0 in league. We got a big game this week against Camarillo (also 3-0 and defending league Champs)

We dominated Camarillo tonight 28-7, putting us 4-0 in league also number 1 in league, we got our final league game this week against pacifica (3-1, lost to camarillo) Anyway its at home and if we win, that will make us outright league champions, and also give us a home game for the first round playoffs

Pfeifer30

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »

Size matters but not as much as speed, agility, and quickness. ( for the smaller guys) My brother went into grade nine at 4' 10" and about 75lbs.. He made the team and had a suprisingly good year as kicker nad wide reciever. The kid had alot of heart and the coaches loved him for that.

This post has been edited by Pfeifer30: Nov 10 2007, 11:40 PM

buttface96

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »

Well we smashed our rivals on the same street on friday 63-10 (could have easily been over 80) anyway that makes us 5-0 in league so outright league champs..... CIF Southern Section released the pair ups and were picked to play Valencia at home... should be a good one

Mikesshunk

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone else still play? I just started to play last year and our practices just started for this year. Did anyone else ever have to do 3-a-days? Personally I hate them but they are great exercise and our team practices more than all the other teams we play so we should have an advantage this year. Just so ya all know I'm 5'9" and weigh ~150 and I'm an offensive and defensive tackle.

This post has been edited by Mikesshunk: Aug 22 2008, 07:19 PM

The Gypsy Love

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »

Nice one bro. I totally hope you have an excellent season as a team and as a player. Good luck to you and your team. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Mikesshunk

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »

Well...I guess I can make this relevant. I still play OT and DT and weigh about 165. Still not much but it's better. I'm in alot better shape than in my original post and a hell of alot stronger. So far, we've gone 3-0 this season. We have the best running back in the division who broke the school record last year. We have alot of starters returning and a huge o-line. Our D is shutdown. This week is our rivalry game too. Should be a good one.
By the way, I also play on the kick return team blocking and this is how I'm gonna earn my letter this year. I was put on this team from all the work I did in the offseason. I had to move uneexpectedly last year towards the end of the season, but I had a weight lifting class at my new school so I went all out every day. I eventually moved back after a few months and put in alot of work with the team. Got my bench up 60lbs during all of this and got my squat to about 300.

Mikesshunk

• Archived User
High School Football
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »

Ahh, hell. May as well...
Well we've made it to 8-2 and we have the first home playoff game in our school's history this week. Our fullback also broke the school career rushing record. And I lettered, something I'm really proud of.