xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Skateboarding  (Read 412 times)

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« on: February 17, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »

This is for skaters only, or anybody who like skatin' or any muthafucka who respects skatin'. This was made by a skater, for the skaters. What? Yall didn't know? LOL! Skate For Life!

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »

Anybody on the Scene Skate? Shit if yall do, go check them SMS (Sk8mafia Saturday) Videos on Transworld's website every Saturday. Just go to TWS and start checkin' em out, they tight. But they based on hiphop style skaters, so if any of yall skaters out there is "anti-rap", this aint for yall. LOL!

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

i guess ill post
i am a former skater
reason for quiting was i hated buying new decks after snapping them

i have been riding bmx for the last 5 years but every once in a while ill skate around for an hour or 2

just recently i landed a 360flip which made me feel pretty good about myself

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(_GhOsT_ @ Feb 18 2007, 10:38 PM) View Post

every once in a while ill skate around for an hour or 2 just recently i landed a 360flip which made me feel pretty good about myself

That's tight, I been skatin' for 4 years so far, and I still cant do Tre Flips, but I can do other shit like Kickflips, Nollie's, Heelflips, FS Flips, etc. Shit Im glad you posted, I was lookin' like: "I know somebody in here skate?" LOL!

CJLee89

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »

whats up?

i used to skate but quit after messing up my ankle/foot. i stretched a tendon or pinched a nerve (something....lol) inside my foot and it never got back to normal. everytime i would go to kickflip it would hurt like a SOB.

the funny thing is i learned to kickflip on a waterlogged snapped board.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »

on the grass?  laugh.gif

just kidding... kickflips and popshoveits just take to balls to stay over the board, not really any learning done there... heelflips and rotation flips(180, 360) actually kinda do have a trick to them...

CJLee89

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »

actually yes in the grass....lol

and i never learned to actually ollie. i couldnt ollie but i could kickflip. and thats the far as i went before hurting my foot.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »

when i was first trying kickflips i would 'taco'* so goddamn much im sure my toes touched my shin a few times...  tongue.gif

*its what my group would call it when you land on your board primo when it doesnt flip completely... and it fucking sucks... grr.gif

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »

Skateboardings for fags!!!

(I'm joking.. Check out my user name  jester.gif )

I don't skate as much As I would like to/used to, but that comes with working 43-48 hours a week now.. I still try to skate every once ina while. I'm on a local indoor parks "B" team, I used to be flow on the A team but I lost that when I started skating only a few times a month...

To get on the "B" team you need to :

Land 5 diffent tricks down the 8stair hand rail, any variation is fine.
Land 5 diffent tricks up or down the big euro gap *prety small actually only about 20 inches tall by 38 inches long*
And you need to beat one of the A team Pro members in a game of skate, or atleast come very close SKAT to Skate...

A team I don't even remember what it was but it wasn't easy. But the feeling you get when you ride into the park with your friends that can't skate so good and theyve got there helmets on and youve got yours off and the "bigger" kids who are just there skating. Look at you like you don't know what your doing and they are going to tell on you for not wearign your helmet. Then you do a Tre-flip tail grab over the funbox as a warmup trick and they give you respect.

Tis teh l33t and wish that was still one of my "oh thats just warm up doode" tricks.  sad.gif

Now I can only do that after a few tries and not even over the damn fun box only from a launch ramp to flat..

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 02:58:00 AM »

Tre Flips is hard aka 360 Flips. (Tre is Spanish for the number 3 if yall dont know.) Im finna start steppin' up to these handrails real soon. I need to step my Hardflip game up. I skate everyday that I can, but this MI weather is wack as fuck cuz.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

the spanish word for three is 'tres'

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 12:37:00 AM »

well
my skateboard is done

snapped it on accident

poo87

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 11:49:00 PM »

Ha, just back from bombing some local hills (longboard) I used to skate alot in my younger days then it kinda lessened as i got a job and a car, etc. etc. Now I have no board (thanks ryan tongue.gif ) and I would go buy a blank but the two halves which my trucks are attached to have disapeared blink.gif . Best trick ever landed: kickflip underflip (i believe thats what its called) Fav. trick: my non-stop manuals haha. I just recently got into longboarding, it's not as technical but man is it fun flying down those hills laugh.gif plus a couple slides here and there wink.gif

BVlaar

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »

Yo I skate still! Man I live for this shit! Everyday I head rite from school to the skatepark! Do my homework and everything there! I Just built and new box! Its so tight! Just got into skateing last year, im doing kflips hflips varials 5-0 50-50 fakie 50-50 5050 180 out 5-0 180 out! Im still young (14) But Its awesome.

My next xbox 360 mod will be a skateboarding themed xbox window, Im really liken the DC shoes logo!
Any ideas?

Bvlaar

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Skateboarding
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(BVlaar @ Apr 6 2007, 12:43 PM) View Post

My next xbox 360 mod will be a skateboarding themed xbox window, Im really liken the DC shoes logo!
Any ideas?

Bvlaar

Do a DC Logo cut-out window.
Pages: [1] 2