xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Baseball Cards  (Read 528 times)

sulfur

• Archived User
Baseball Cards
« on: January 10, 2004, 07:42:00 AM »

ah! baseball cards, i have like 30,000+ in my room, in boxes collecting dust and vaule, you can look them up in a magazine called "bekett" i think thats what its called.

nuzzy

• Archived User
Baseball Cards
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

give them to me, along with any comic books you have.  I'll find a price  wink.gif  kidding...

www.beckett.com

gcskate27

• Archived User
Baseball Cards
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »

just remember that the price you see in the mag is only what it is supposedly worth... its actual worth comes from what people will pay for it... which is often much lower...  wink.gif

Firehawk

• Archived User
Baseball Cards
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

if it was me i'd keep them and let appreciate in value then sell them in 20-30 years. that's what i'm doing with mine. still have a few unopened 1980 packs with the gum. here's a tip for everyone, don't try the gum from those old packs, it's bad times. it tastes bad, and it just crumbles into smaller and smaller pieces.  biggrin.gif

realjones

• Archived User
Baseball Cards
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (itsjustme @ Jan 11 2004, 09:03 PM)
i really dont think cards will be worth money in the future.
the reason older cards are worth money is they are not real common.
cards today are mass produced and kept in mint condition.

i agree.  Cards from the early 80s and before should go up in value (especially those before 1970, when many cards were doomed to bike spokes).

most cards from the mid 80s on, with the exception of a few good cards here and there, are worthless.  Especially now; it's nothing but inserts galore.

fin1581

• Archived User
Baseball Cards
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »

Yep, everyone saves their cards now because they saw the value that cards from the 50s and 60s brought.  But there are so many cards still out there from the 80s til now that there aren't too many rare cards worth hundreds or thousands of dollars.  I have around 20,000 cards and a few hundred un-opened Starting Lineups still because I was told when I was a kid that they would be worth so much money when I got older - Parents are full of shit LOL.  

Just to mention another good magazine to get values is Tough Stuff - it has a more sports in it...all bball, football, baseball, hockey, racing, figurines, and some memoribilia.  Beckett used to only have baseball cards but I don't know if that has changed.

XDAWG

• Archived User
Baseball Cards
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »

I agree with what the others have said about cards of today vs cards pre 80 era. The ones that you want to get or keep from today are the inserts. Where you have 1of20 ect. those should keep a nice value but others will just be to common to be worth much. The inserts are the ones to keep! They are rare and should keep some value.

XDAWG

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
Baseball Cards
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

I think i got a pretty good collection going on alot of old cards also. im just gonna keep them there.

robgue

• Recovered User
Baseball Cards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

just keep em. man i used to colect them a looooooooooong time ago. nothing but subsets and inserts now, speciall series etc. what crap. i'd just keep them. somewhere dry then in like 100 years they be worth like 5 bucks. if youre lucky wink.gif

Colonel32

• Archived User
Baseball Cards
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 02:59:00 AM »

ripken card with curse on bottom of bat was awesome though.

Greatest baseball card of all time....

My girlfriend is trying to track down and buy me that Mickey Mantle signed baseball that says "I F***ED marilyn monroe... he signed it because he was pissed at the press Joe D was getting at the time, absolutley priceless in my opinion

BTW, althought baseball cards nowadays pale in price compared to older cards, rookie cards will always be worth a bundle in the future. Any HOFer rookie card is worth some big bucks to collecters, also full sets because both are rare

I Fkd Monroe - a little out of my price range unfortunately