xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Football Game Reviews  (Read 610 times)

Kejoriv

• Archived User
Football Game Reviews
« on: September 08, 2003, 06:43:00 PM »

I like espn football the best.

rahula

• Archived User
Football Game Reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 06:46:00 PM »

wink.gif

incansun

• Archived User
Football Game Reviews
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 08:49:00 PM »

NFL FEVER SUXS ARSE! After I patched it and got it to work on my HD, I sat back played and asked myself why I went through all the trouble to back  it up on my HD...
ESPN- I havent played but plan on getting it soon
MADDEN 04-Awesome! I practice everyday so that I can one day beat my friend who is super elite at thse games.
NCAA-My friend is addicted to this game. I mostly play Madden tho...

josh689

• Archived User
Football Game Reviews
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 05:56:00 PM »

bump what else u guys think

incansun

• Archived User
Football Game Reviews
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (beaumac @ Sep 9 2003, 05:58 AM)
dude, madden totally sucks. it was always way balanced for the offense, now with the playmaker you are unstoppable. the collision detection is a joke.  every player can stop and change directions on a dime - whether they are tiki barber or gilbert brown.  There is no stopping deep corner routes. It totally sucks as always

So, which one do you play? You didnt answer the question

incansun

• Archived User
Football Game Reviews
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mechazilla @ Sep 11 2003, 12:15 AM)
user posted imageuser posted image
Temco Super Bowl on the Genesis. Still the best out there.

Classic. LOL!!!

josh689

• Archived User
Football Game Reviews
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 06:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (kray4737 @ Sep 11 2003, 09:32 PM)
When did the ESPN game come out? and whats their website
thanxs

came out about a week ago

chief

• Archived User
Football Game Reviews
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 06:50:00 AM »

ESPN IS THE BEST GAME THIS YEAR...

blaze_1ne

• Archived User
Football Game Reviews
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 07:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (chief @ Sep 12 2003, 10:50 AM)
ESPN IS THE BEST GAME THIS YEAR...

agreed...
espn football is on a totally different level compared to the other football games...

JohnHenryDoe

• Archived User
Football Game Reviews
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »

Frankly, I'm a little impressed with all 4 of the football games that came out this year. I add NFL Gameday 2004 to this list and drop NCAA 2004. NCAA from EA has been the best college game for many years; no question.
Now, NFL Fever 2004 is a good game. I didn't think so at first. but I gave it a chance. The playcalling is not the usual eg. Madden/ESPN style. It takes a bit of practice. After a few games where you don't care what the score is, you can watch the way the game plays. You will get beat on veteran level; but you will improve. Offensive plays are wonderful if you learn all the options. Hot routes are there; motion; audibles; just like the others, albiet not set up as well as Madden I admit. Plus Read and Lead passing is great. One thing, you MUST know what you are doing, or you will get picked off. I dislike the defensive play somewhat. After playing hundreds of games of Madden my index fingers are anxious every play; it's a no-no in NFL Fever because that's how you switch players. Takes some getting used to also and not as many options defensively. The player models are the best out there; ESPN is next with Madden close behind. Commentary never gets repetitive like Madden; however i would say Fever is 2nd overall in sound.  I am beginning to play this game more and more as the season progresses. 8 of 10.
ESPN Football jumped leaps from previous years opting for a more Madden-like playcalling screen. I've always had a dislike for the seemingly too tall and thin player models Sega uses. Gameplay is quick(maybe too quick); offensively there many options and overall the presentation is the best out there. There are some quirks I have; players always seem to trot happily back to huddle; and pardon me but players while running look like they have a shoe in thier butt. First person mode is unique, however it gets old quick IF you aren't prepared to work at it. Lineman will destroy you if you aren't careful. I think it's more of a gimmick option than anything else. A good gimmick though. Animations are plentiful and enhance an already good game. It's just not great yet. Maybe next year. 7.5 of 10.
Here's my one line for NFL Gameday 2004. Major improvements! Having said that, anyone who loved the PS1 989 days will not be dissapointed; everyone else will laugh uncontrollably. Kudos to 989 for trying though. Keep at it boys!
Now Madden. We all know its a great game overall. Even diehard Sega and Xbox Fever users should admit that. Playmaker and owner mode are the big things this year. First playmaker is a "good" addition. It's not a milestone. I think the guys at EA said oh btw the right stick isn't being used; lets add a option. Playmaker does help both offensively and defensively(less though on defense I think). And defense is where Madden has fallen short for years. Running Backs spin for way too many yards. I know Ricky Williams is a great runner, but he doesn't break tackles that well. Same said for pass defense. Sometimes you can be sticking to a guy like glue and he will still catch it. Bombs mostly. A little unrealistic. The flip-side of this is on offense the long bombs are the achilles heel; making even a blow-out possible to come back from. Everyone loves to listen to John Madden talk football. At first you'll love hearing him in this game; but quickly, as with past years, the commentary gets old and repetitive. As for Owner Mode, it's like the First person mode in ESPN Football, a gimmick; also equally good though. Just not my cup of tea.  Don't misunderstand me, Madden is highly anticipated by me every year; and it is a great game.  9 of 10 .There are still some bugs though. And for that reason I will not say any of this years NFL games are the best overall; my thoughts are everyone has thier preference and they are all correct. it boils down to what YOU like, and except for NFL Gameday, I like ALL the above games. Maybe as the season progresses, A favorite will emerge.