xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Hockey Thread  (Read 1362 times)

thomes08

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« on: March 15, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

Posted on Apr 7 2003, 03:25 PM
  I've never been that big of a fan of Hockey..I live in the south and it wasn't seen much here but awhile back Larry Murphy married into our family so I went to go see some preseason games in Atlanta when he was w/ the Penquins and later when he was w/ Detroit...I met most of the Penquins and we went out w/ some of them to dinner...I just remember Jagr being very hard to understand at the time...I got signed pucks from most of them and Mario Lemeiux gave me his stick he used in the game...Anyway, I saw that you were a Wings fan so I thought I'd share my story... 

sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous.  Huge pens fan here and there will always be a place n my heart for LM.  My dad went golfing with the team after they won the second stanley cup in 92 and got me the whole teams autograph.... but damn to meet them love.gif
i would do ANYTHING for that stick of yours... ANYTHING

thomes08

EcL|PsE

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »

GO OIL GOOOOOO

EcL|PsE

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

GO OIL GOOOOOO!!!

thomes08

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »

smile.gif )
thomes08

Untouchable

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

muhaha.gif  going to the ducks for less money than staying with the wings for more money ah we never needed him anyway. We better play legacy in the playoffs Cujo sucks ass and hashek isnt great either.... MY FAVORITE REDWING OF ALL TIME IS GORDIE HOWE i have a signed jersey of his and a signed bobble head i saw him when he went to Rockford middle school and got to spend the day with him freakin awesome  cool.gif

Untouchable

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

anyone here actually play ice hockey besides watching it?

AnThRaX

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (Untouchable @ Mar 16 2004, 08:31 PM)

I do, and gone out of the country to Sweden, Czech, Canada, and some other bordering UK countrys. I play Travel by the way and im a Bantam (should be a midget though since im one of the oldest bantams) I may play with a high school team, but I dunno if I should since I go to a public school with no hockey. Or play with most of my friends in Midget I dunno tough decision

EcL|PsE

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »

Anthrax where u from.

ye i play it too.

& thomes, every year tehre is sum star that i supposed to go 1st adn becoem the next pro, and it rarely happens. Like look at Rick DiPietro, adn coutnelss otehrs.
yes i bet he will be good, but not to the mact the hype.

cya

AnThRaX

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (EcL|PsE @ Mar 17 2004, 05:15 PM)
Anthrax where u from.

ye i play it too.

& thomes, every year tehre is sum star that i supposed to go 1st adn becoem the next pro, and it rarely happens. Like look at Rick DiPietro, adn coutnelss otehrs.

cya

I live in IL!

Theres a new star in canada that is said by Gretzky himself that this kid will break his records.

xbox_freak!!

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (AnThRaX @ Mar 16 2004, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (Untouchable @ Mar 16 2004, 08:31 PM)

I do, and gone out of the country to Sweden, Czech, Canada, and some other bordering UK countrys. I play Travel by the way and im a Bantam (should be a midget though since im one of the oldest bantams) I may play with a high school team, but I dunno if I should since I go to a public school with no hockey. Or play with most of my friends in Midget I dunno tough decision

i play bantam but i dont travel sad.gif

AnThRaX

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (xbox_freak!! @ Mar 17 2004, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (AnThRaX @ Mar 17 2004, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (EcL|PsE @ Mar 17 2004, 05:15 PM)
Anthrax where u from.

ye i play it too.

cya

I live in IL!

Theres a new star in canada that is said by Gretzky himself that this kid will break his records.

Sydney Crosby?

Yea, that dudes amazing from what I heard. My friend got to meet with him, he played with him at a scrimage

DrunkCanuck

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »

k, first of all, what happened to the wings last year???? Oh ya first round knock out (4 games i think too). Wings just try to buy there team, but since they keep injuring their own teammates (gj Cujo) they aren't gonna go far, i say 2nd round is all they got. Vancouver would've smoted them, but not Bertuzzi's gone so they're chances of takin the cup are shot, but i still think it's gonna be a Canadian team taking home the cup this year, Ottawa, Toronto...MOntreal, well ok maybe not montreal but the Habs still rock.

fin1581

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »

The Sabres are my team...they have been doing better since the New Year and are only 4 points out of eigth with 11 games left...should be exciting.  Even if they make the playoffs, they wont get far but its better than nothing.

thomes08

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (fin1581 @ Mar 18 2004, 10:33 PM)
The Sabres are my team...they have been doing better since the New Year and are only 4 points out of eigth with 11 games left...should be exciting.  Even if they make the playoffs, they wont get far but its better than nothing.

yeah i agree with you 100%.... i'm not a huge sabres fan but i like them and i don't want to see them suffer like they did last year.  Glad to see they're rebuilding well.

I'm also glad to see that canada has some really good lookin teams for the playoffs i'd like to see the cup go up to my friends to the north.

Anyways go pens go ( i got to see em tie the flyers on mon :-) )

thomes08

Liquid Oxygen

• Archived User
The Hockey Thread
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »

sad.gif

Pages: [1] 2 3