xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Raw Tonight  (Read 1011 times)

EvilWays

• Archived User
Raw Tonight
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

dry.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Raw Tonight
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (EvilWays @ Mar 23 2004, 11:27 PM)
I thought it would've been Heyman for HHH (just to pull a fast one)...

Like they're really gonna separate Evolution (HHH and his established bitches) dry.gif

I suspect it has more to do with two things.. he wants to squash EDGE.. and/or he's a mark for himself LIVE.

Smackdown is taped.. and just doesn't give you the same bang. smile.gif

EvilWays

• Archived User
Raw Tonight
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

laugh.gif

he wants to squash EDGE

He squashes everyone anyways...where do you want me to begin the list? mad.gif

he's a mark for himself LIVE

He's a mark for himself PERIOD! It's been obvious for a while now (hands himself the old WCW Heavyweight Championship belt, which then becomes the World Championship belt, shitting on the prestige of the belt...which actually started when David Arquette "won" the belt dry.gif )

I'm hoping this whole supposed Heyman and ECW angle works and pays off. I don't want to see an ECW angle like the disasterous Invasion angle.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Raw Tonight
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »

That was bad.  The ECW thing was actually put into that angle.. in an effort to save the WCW angle..

Too bad at the time they had none of the WCW names necessary to make it happen.  Even if they just had Biscoff.. it might have worked out better.

I'm such a mark for anything ECW.. I've been a fan ever since Shane Douglas took the Eastern Championship title.. and re-christened it the ECW Extreme Championchip Wrestling Title.  

I'm not a big Shane Douglas fan.. but can repect his skill.. and in ring Phsychology.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Raw Tonight
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

One of the best things to come out of ECW is being wasted in WWE (actually, all things out of ECW that are now in the WWE are wasting away) is the Dudleys. Monster heel team with Big Dick Dudley beating the crap out of their opponents and berating them. The center piece to it all though was Joel "I often leave them sore, yet they keep coming back for more" Gertner (The MAN!). To spark any interest in the Dudleys right now, they need to be turned heel, let them run rampant like they did in ECW, and get them Gertner pronto! Oh wait...they're Dead Man fodder. cussing.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Raw Tonight
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

smile.gif

You are right about anything ECW.

Heyman had a basic premise.. and that was ANYONE who works hard.. can make it.

When I'd watch his shows.. every match.. regardless of who was in it.. came off like a main event. Why? Heyman.

He knew that people had to sell for each other.  Ego's had to be controlled. They had their place.. especially with some guys gimmicks.. but generally.. everyone helps everyone.

Spike dudley as the Giant Killer was just as entertaining as the main even matchs of the night like the Impact Player, RVD, Sandman, SAbu, Tazz, etc matches.

The WWE take.. Guys like SPIKE.. are SQUASH material only.  They don't even get to do a decent job.  They just take a beating and go home.  Little or no resistance.

ECW Match.. The endings were not predictable.

WWE Endings.. we know the endings as soon as the announce the match.

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
Raw Tonight
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

Ego's had to be controlled.

Wrestlers in ECW had Ego's????  ohmy.gif

Anyways. I hope that ECw comes back and is pushed the way its supposed to. zThe way it was when heyman was around. But knowing that Vinny Mac is around and HHH is back on raw (as if he ever really left) nothing big will probably happen. Now mind you I am a very cynical person as far as ideas like this are involved. Simply because when WWE starts an angle that could be really good (ex. Shane buying WCW......that could have been huge......) they squash it with absolutely no thought.

Prove me wrong Vince. Prove me wrong.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Raw Tonight
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »

The only ego that needed to be controlled was Sabu's. He was constantly double or triple booking himself. Heyman played off one such incident (having himself booked for a tour in Japan at the same time he's ECW tag team champs with Taz...and he chose Japan) into the Taz/Sabu feud.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Raw Tonight
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 08:30:00 AM »

Yup... Paul is great.

Wanna know how great? He still owes RVD 1/4 of a mill or more.. and RVD still says he was better off working under Heyman career wise.

Under Heyman.. even little guys like SPIKE were stars.. LAnce Storm was someone feared like HHH is now.. and TAZZ.. the short bugger that is is.. was the tough as nails champ.  Funny thing.. it was all "beleiveable".  In McMahon's worlds.. the chorepgrahy and staging is such.. that nothing shocks us much anymore.

Pages: 1 [2]