xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Senate Republicans Block Windfall Profits Tax On Big Oil Companies  (Read 134 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User

According to Department of Energy data, from 1977 to 2004, federal and state governments extracted $397 billion by taxing the profits of the largest oil companies and an additional $1.1 trillion in taxes at the pump—that's nearly three times what the oil industry made in profits over that same period.

damam

• Archived User
Senate Republicans Block Windfall Profits Tax On Big Oil Companies
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »

i saw the title on this, was itchin for a smack down, and was going to rip you a new one.  But too my total dismay i completely agree with you.   biggrin.gif

edit****
and what is the tax on gas . . .  18 cents per gallon, and the oil companies are making a ball busting 4 cents per gallon.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(damam @ Jun 13 2008, 05:32 PM) View Post

i saw the title on this, was itchin for a smack down, and was going to rip you a new one.  But too my total dismay i completely agree with you.   biggrin.gif

edit****
and what is the tax on gas . . .  18 cents per gallon, and the oil companies are making a ball busting 4 cents per gallon.

i think 18 cents is the federal tax, this is before the state tax is added in.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jun 14 2008, 10:53 PM) View Post

i think 18 cents is the federal tax, this is before the state tax is added in.

a few years back when the state of illinois dropped it gas tax prices dropped about 25 cents a gallon

of course that period expired so now the state is making the tax again