xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: An 8th Grader Shot And Pretty Much Killed In Class For Being Different  (Read 175 times)

buttface96

• Archived User

Link here

Victim of School Shooting is Brain Dead

Police report that the victim of the Oxnard school shooting is brain dead.
Police say 15-year-old Lawrence King was talking following surgery that left him in critical condition. Then sometime last Tuesday night he suffered a stroke and lost consciousness and took a turn for the worse.
This news is a devastating blow to classmates at EO Green Jr. High and for those at Casa Pacifica, where King was living. He lived at this residential care facility for neglected, abused and at risk children. Casa Pacifica CEO Dr. Steven Elsen calls Wednesday's developments a tragedy.
Prosecutors who are still waiting for the case say if there is sufficient evidence of a murder charge, the 14-year-old suspect will be tried as an adult.

Officers are still looking for answers to a student involved shooting that occurred at E.O. Green Jr High Tuesday morning in Oxnard.
The 14-year-old suspect may be arraigned in court on Thursday.

On Tuesday shots were fired around 8am in the computer lab, injuring the 15-year-old victim, in English class. The shooting may have been a hate crime.
Students report the victim wore female clothing and this is a possible motive for the crime, however officials haven't confirmed this.

The school was locked down after the shooting. Parents were later allowed to pick up their kids around 11am.
The school is offering counseling to students who witnessed the shooting or are affected by this.

I know this story wasn't really spread on a national level (mainly because Oxnard is not the most wealthy/ well off city), trust me. If this was to have happened in Thousand Oaks or Westlake it would have gotten much more attention.... but thats besides the point.

Anyway I don't really know what to say, the kid might have been gay, but thats still no reason to be shot in the head.... during class.... in a middle school.......

gcskate27

• Archived User
An 8th Grader Shot And Pretty Much Killed In Class For Being Different
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »

YAY AMERICA!!!!!

seriously when the fuck are people going to wake up and fix this shithole?

gatorayde

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Feb 14 2008, 10:19 PM) View Post

YAY AMERICA!!!!!

seriously when the fuck are people going to wake up and fix this shithole?

When we don't have an idiot running this shithole rolleyes.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(gatorayde @ Feb 14 2008, 08:33 PM) View Post

When we don't have an idiot running this shithole rolleyes.gif

yeah, no one ever got shot before bush was president  blink.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 01:14:00 AM »

just the biggest/the one who got us into the most shit..  rolleyes.gif

ScrewinGates

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 02:17:00 AM »

i say the fucking parents are to blame.the kid probably went home told his idiot redneck dad about the female attire and the redneck said something along the lines of"someone should shoot that fucking fag"and bam kid does it.thats whats wrong with America today.the parents never take an active,positive role in there kids lives and we get all these sick fucks out of it.just my humble opinion.
screwingates

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(beige @ Feb 16 2008, 11:35 PM) View Post

You're assuming that he was the only idiot that has ran the country.

well hating bush is certainly a bigger fad than hating clinton ever was

but then again you might be one of the few other people ive met that realizes the president doesnt "run the country"

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »

everyone realizes that, but the figure represents the whole branch, which is the most powerful of the three in practice...

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Feb 17 2008, 12:25 PM) View Post

everyone realizes that

how i wish that were true...

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(ScrewinGates @ Feb 17 2008, 06:53 AM) View Post

i say the fucking parents are to blame.the kid probably went home told his idiot redneck dad about the female attire and the redneck said something along the lines of"someone should shoot that fucking fag"and bam kid does it.thats whats wrong with America today.the parents never take an active,positive role in there kids lives and we get all these sick fucks out of it.just my humble opinion.
screwingates

I disagree.  People ALWAYS blame the parents.  What about kids that are brought up by "good" people and turn out "bad" or kids that are brought up by "bad" parents and turn out "good."  You mean to tell me that at 14 years old a kid doesn't have a conscience?  Did you know that shooting someone was bad when YOU were 14?  I mean, for millenia 14 has been a year or two away from adult.  I think at some point people have to stop blaming just the parents.  Kids aren't marionettes being manipulated by their parents.  If we were then none of us would ever get grounded...

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Feb 17 2008, 03:33 PM) View Post

how i wish that were true...

alright, every thinking person realizes that wink.gif

now its just sad to think how few there are...   sad.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Feb 17 2008, 01:44 PM) View Post

I disagree.  People ALWAYS blame the parents.  What about kids that are brought up by "good" people and turn out "bad" or kids that are brought up by "bad" parents and turn out "good."  You mean to tell me that at 14 years old a kid doesn't have a conscience?  Did you know that shooting someone was bad when YOU were 14?  I mean, for millenia 14 has been a year or two away from adult.  I think at some point people have to stop blaming just the parents.  Kids aren't marionettes being manipulated by their parents.  If we were then none of us would ever get grounded...

yes, people always blame the parents, but do the parents ever take the blame? or do they turn around and blame tv, movies, video games, etc?

im not saying its entirely the parents fault, but i dont think they should be automatically excused just because they get blamed alot