xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Who Is Getting Your Vote? Regardless Of Your Age Or Nationality.  (Read 409 times)

damam

• Archived User
Who Is Getting Your Vote? Regardless Of Your Age Or Nationality.
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Sep 12 2008, 11:12 AM) View Post

I live in NH... we do not have a seatbelt law here, if you're over 18 you don't need to "click it"... do you realize that law costs NH MILLIONS every years. Because we don't completely comply with the federal seatbelt regulations they deny us our share of highway funding... There are countless examples of this the way the current government is set up. "You do it OUR way OR ELSE"

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Sep 13 2008, 05:04 AM) View Post

the mere fact that a state is even allowed to reject federal seatbelt regs should tell you something, and denial of federal finding should mean nothing, you want a small federal government anyway, its always amused me how people want a small, weak government when they are being told what to do, but a big strong government when it comes to funding and handouts

the problem with that response in this particular example is that one of the only intended responsibilities of the fed government was to provide interstate infrustructure to allow for trade between states. NH pays into the fed coffers with the expectation that they will provide the basic infrustructure for trade as do we all. Now here i am in another state, and if i want to do business with NH, or i want to do business with a state surrounding NH I am being punished as well because of this violation of the social contract by the federal govt.  They should either provide the basic infrustructure needed, or give the money back.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]