xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Who Is Getting Your Vote? Regardless Of Your Age Or Nationality.  (Read 406 times)

throwingks

• Archived User

Regardless of your age or nationality, who is getting your vote?

For a nonpartisan list of candidates, look here:
http://www.vote-smar...n_president.php

I like Gravel the most, if I could pick anybody. Kucinich or Paul if I could get the chance. I don't think any of my 3 will get the opportunity though.

My "anti-vote" would go to Giuliani or Clinton. If either of them get the nomination, I am voting for the top contending competitor. It doesn't matter who it is. If they face each other, I don't know what I will do. sad.gif

I am starting to think more and more that it is no longer Republican vs. Democrat, but Corporation vs. Citizen. The proof to me is the fact that none of my 3 (2 Dems and 1 Repub) are getting much coverage in the news, and they all share the same anti-corporate, power to the people viewpoint. Yet, I feel my "anti-votes" (1 Dem and 1 Repub) will do anything to get into office, even if it means delivering more power to corporations. And, they are always in the news. Regardless of the type of press, they get press.

damam

• Archived User
Who Is Getting Your Vote? Regardless Of Your Age Or Nationality.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 7 2008, 01:10 PM) View Post

My "anti-vote" would go to Giuliani or Clinton. If either of them get the nomination, I am voting for the top contending competitor. It doesn't matter who it is. If they face each other, I don't know what I will do. sad.gif

add Mccain and Edwards in there and i am in the exact same boat.  probably vote libertarian if that is the case.  not because i necessarily want a libertarian in office (save paul), but to let both parties know where i stand politically.

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 7 2008, 01:10 PM) View Post

I am starting to think more and more that it is no longer Republican vs. Democrat, but Corporation vs. Citizen. The proof to me is the fact that none of my 3 (2 Dems and 1 Repub) are getting much coverage in the news, and they all share the same anti-corporate, power to the people viewpoint. Yet, I feel my "anti-votes" (1 Dem and 1 Repub) will do anything to get into office, even if it means delivering more power to corporations. And, they are always in the news. Regardless of the type of press, they get press.

i would say (Corporation && totalitarianist or elitist) vs. avg. Citizen
Hillary is part of the Carroll Quigley academic group.  bubba clinton actually said quigley was one of his bigest influences in his whole life.  So she's not really a global corporationist, she's a progressive which is just another name for rich totalitarian elitist.

hmmmm, the i only person on that page I have never heard of is this Alan L. Keyes person.  Maybe ill look into him.

SICKdimension

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 05:16:00 AM »

I would love to see Kucinich as president. Sadly though, with the great lengths media takes to exclude him from debates and general ignorance of others, he doesn't appear to have a chance.

Since I am afraid if I vote for Kucinich, my vote will be wasted, since he will most likely get <10% of the votes, I am voting for Obama, simply to hinder Clinton's run.

If any of the republicans other than Ron Paul become president, I might just have to leave the country.

gronned

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »

I'm not too familiar with any of their politics, but from what I've read I prefer Obama over Clinton, so I'd vote Clinton! I think it's better to have any of the liberals running over a conservative, and since I'm sure a black guy still can't get enough votes when it's about electing the president, I rather vote Clinton.

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(gronned @ Jan 21 2008, 09:18 PM) View Post

. . . since I'm sure a black guy still can't get enough votes when it's about electing the president, I rather vote Clinton.

i would not be so sure about that.  If it is Mccain Vs Obama, atleast at the moment, I am planning on voting obama.  And I am not the only right leaning person murmuring this sort of sentiment.  sadly colour may affect some of his numbers, but not a lot.  Most of those people (racists) dont vote anyways.  I would not discount him based on race at all.  As a matter of fact it may even help him, white people seem to be enamoured with the idea of being able to "prove" they are not racist by voting for him.  Kind of funny really.

another interesting thing that I am hearing is billary's whispering's among democrats that obama is a closet muslim really seem to be taking hold among my democratic friends.  i really have to sit back and laugh at the irony of my "open minded" liberal friends.  I guess that saying, "society does not get less tolerant, they only change targets" might be true.

a question i have is if we do elect a black person, can we finally say that we no longer need affirmative action?  Or does he not count for some reason.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »

well, my anti-votes go against hillary clinton (FAR too left for my tastes, if she goes any further she'll be wearing red), huckabee (i'd rather not have the constitution re-written to "gods standards"), and mccain (he doesn't understand economics or global politics)

i am most likely to end up voting for mitt, as i feel he has a strong financial background, and he comes across as the most intelligent during debates. i might not always agree with him, but he does what he believes in.

for what its worth, Massachusetts resident, 21 years old

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »

If I could vote it would go towards Paul.

spiffyville

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »

Paul is an excellent choice. The one I would definitely go with if were given the opportunity. In all honesty Huckabee, Clinton, and Guiliani scare the shit out of me.

Vfreitas

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »

Ron Paul, without a doubt.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »

granted a lot of people whove post cant actually vote, and i know exactly what people will respond with, but i cant believe so many are willing to throw away their vote on ron paul...

sure if 'enough people' decide to make a stand he could win, but really how likely is that? better to start slowly than throw a vote essentially for the party you dont want to win...

naturally im voting for whatever dem gets the nod... were still a 2 party country and that will not change anytime soon... idealism isnt the smart move...

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »

I voted for Ron Paul in the Michigan primary

gcskate: you make the argument from the ralph nader days, at least ron paul is on the republican ticket, and has beaten guliani in every primary thus far yet gets no media coverage. Its true I doubt he will be elected but most conservative people my age are voting for him. I think our generation is sick of the typical politician (clinton, edwards, romney) who come off to me as polished pieces of shit.

I think the media needs to truly revamp their coverage to a more balanced system. That and most of the "debates" thus far suck, I want to watch to learn about the candidates grounds on policy not a bitchfest of their past votes or something they said 5 years back.

If Hilary wins I am leaving the country, not because she is a woman, but I do not agree with any of her policies and I can not forget her connection to corruption, that everyone seems to forget.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »

personally i hope she does win even though i AM leaving the country... i knew someone would bring up the nader thing, which is why i dont really mind paul so much: he should pull from both sides and thus negate his influence...

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »

Side note:

Clinton just flew in/out of the airport at which I am a fire fighter at in FL.

I am going through my citizen process as I type. I have been here in the states for 22 years (25yrs old) from Jamaica.

It never crossed my mind to become a citizen because there wasn't anything I wanted or needed that my Permanent Resident Alien status prevented from doing.

As of lately (3-4 years) I have become more into politics and would kill for the opportunity to voice my decision on the next prez.

Hopefully... we'll see how long the process takes.

Dark_Raider99

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »

VOTE RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »

i dont know who i would vote for, id have to make that decision when the nominees are announced

i highly doubt ill be voting for ron paul (the dems would have to field someone even worse than clinton for that to happen)

the reason is other than opposing many of his policies i feel he isnt concerned with doing whats right, hes more concerned with not doing whats wrong, it seems to me hed rather sit on his hands and do nothing than do something he might not like (see PM chamberlains policies toward nazi germany in the 1930s)

another thing is i feel he shares the same character flaw as george bush, he is unwavering from his opinions, despite changing circumstances, by the end of a term as president i woul dbet paul will be as unpopular and ineffective as bush

and lastly, the executive and legislative branches of the government must be on the same page for anything to get done, who would you vote into congress to complement paul?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4