xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Record Haul of Chipped Consoles Seized in UK  (Read 592 times)

ausmods

• Archived User
Record Haul of Chipped Consoles Seized in UK
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 06:22:00 AM »

Wow, those are some crazy numbers... Im glad he got caught... I wonder how long he'll be dropping the soap for in jail?

Console Man

• Archived User
Record Haul of Chipped Consoles Seized in UK
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2007, 05:50:00 AM »

Here in Scotland there used to be a market that nearly ever 2nd trader was doing games/films. The police eventually had a major presence there and killed it off but it has had its down side, now all the legit traders have no customers and are hardly making anything. Everyone knew to go to 'the barras' for there copied stuff or chipped cable/sky or anything dodgy and its the little legit people that now suffer in its absence.
We live in an odd odd world, the people selling legit games and stuff used to complain about the copies ruining there buisness but if you ask any LEGIT trader there now, i be they would have the illegal copiers back in a second.

This guy was clearly ripping the piss, he was just asking for trouble selling games as well as modding. He could have made a nice living from the modding and repairs alone!! but he prolly got as much work though selling the games. Im always asked if i sell the games and when i say no the customer has a weird look on his face as if too say 'you  chip the machine but dont sell the games huh.gif  '.

The reason he probobly had as many Wii's is that he was probs stocking up on moddable consoles before the D2C revision arrives (my guess anyway, id do the same for my shop if i could afford 300 Wii's).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]