xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Record Haul of Chipped Consoles Seized in UK  (Read 590 times)

itchy

• Archived User
Record Haul of Chipped Consoles Seized in UK
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »

Maybe he stole the Nintendo delivery truck?

I chuckled this weekend when I went to a flea market and a game seller had the sign "We MOD" on his stand.

SueMiBlitch

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »

i support modding not illegal copies

this guy will get sodomized for doing this and rightfully so... if people didn't sell copied disks to those people who don't now how to get it themselves then modding would be looked upon differently

TRIaXOR

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »

This guy will get his stuff confiscated and within a week will doing the same shit as before, the amount a flea market pirate can make is staggering and usually involves bigger fish so in effect the hype for this bust will be short lived sad.gif they unfortunately need to nail the top of the food chain first imho

bastards..  grr.gif

pure3d2

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2007, 01:16:00 AM »

Hahaha 6 Playstation 3's.  Even in the realm of piracy, PS3s are not in high demand.

JAG_128

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »

Bowlers / Manchester .cool thx omw lmao

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 02:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Aug 7 2007, 01:01 AM) View Post

Yeah dole = unemployment state benefit

It's actually called JSA now (job seekers allowance) I doubt these pirates do much job hunting though.

There are a ton of traders like this at my local market every sunday and wednesday. They've been busted once before but were all back two weeks later with new stock. The piracy industry is huge and it will take more than a few random busts to kill it.

I really have no clue why they are allowed to keep trading, everyone (including the police) knows that thousands of counterfeit DVD's, CD's and games are sold at the market every week yet do nothing about it. It's been going on for years.

skevast

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 03:08:00 AM »

Why they siezed the ps 3? There aren't any known modchip for ps 3? Obviously the cops were standard retarded cops. They obviously found some empty DVD+-R and a computer with a DVD recorder and counted al the empty discs as copys. I dont think the really tried al the disks if there was something on it. However I don't even think al the cosoles where modified, they just confiskaded everything they saw because they are the police and they can.

The papers never write the real thing that happened.

A month ago the cops raided a guy I know he didn't even mod the consoles he just fixed them if they were out of warranty. He had only one chiped XboX 360, his own and maybee 5-6 backups on games he had original. He used the originals to fix the other consoles and a lot of peoples problems was that their consoles destroyed disks so he would be an idiot to use the originals in those consoles without making a backup. They siezed about 50 consoles altogether only one chipped. They confiscaded the consoles and made him pay all the people that left their console there. They confiscaded his plasma screen, his computer his solder iron and every tool he had for running his bussines. He even payed taxes and his bussines was registrated.
But the police can do what ever they want because they are the police. He sold empty DVD+-R and RW and rechargable batterys and mobile phone parts like chargers, displays, handsfrees etc. The siezed everything gave him a large fine and closed down his bussines.

The funny thing was he didn't even mod his own 360 he bought it like that. and I even testefied that I sold him the 360. It destroyed my disks so I bought another one with a Samsung drive after I sold that one to him.

However the papers lie and the cops are super retarded and the justice is not just blind but totaly insane. So I dont believe "THIS GUY" did so mutch evil, the papers wrote even worse about the guy I know and he was totaly innocent and they destroyed his life totaly, his wife left him inspite his inocence his bussines is dead and he can't make his mind if he should use a rope or just jump from a bridge. He told me it would have been easyer if they just locked him up somewhere. But they where satisfied destroing his life locking him up costs money..........

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 03:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rustmonkey @ Aug 6 2007, 11:50 PM) View Post

A little off topic:  Is dole the UKs version of Welfare and TANF?

Yes it is smile.gif

sicknasty413

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 03:59:00 AM »

Wow.

1- Those are some absolutely ridiculous numbers.

2- I'm glad that guy got pwnd.

3- We now know where the world's Wii supply was.

4- At least he chose to mod good consoles.. only 6 PS2s and 6 PS3s  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

ekruob

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Aug 7 2007, 10:01 AM) *

This guy was asking to get caught openly selling pirated games at a market stall.

Interestingly I saw a computer market recently here in Australia with a hot chick selling burnt Wii games... like one massive entire stall selling burnt games, nothing else!

Now the most interesting thing to note was that this particular computer market backs right onto the local Police station - I kid you not - like not 50m from the stall!

An absolute pisser!

So I think they just trumped these guys for stupidity LOL!

This post has been edited by ekruob: Aug 7 2007, 01:06 PM

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Aug 6 2007, 10:54 PM) View Post

Clearly not backups. This guy took the information and skills and took it to the dark side, making money from the works of others illegally.

fuck him.

seconded

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 07:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(pure3d2 @ Aug 7 2007, 02:52 AM) View Post

Hahaha 6 Playstation 3's.  Even in the realm of piracy, PS3s are not in high demand.

i was thinking the exact same thing...classic

anyways, i too, am glad that this individual was caught as this was blatant illegal activity and does not help the modding scene at all - he should be arrested and receive due punishment.  although, i would argue with any of the "raping scenarios" that many have proposed while in jail as that is both disturbing and quite immature regardless of your reasoning.

i wish the media would publish some good information relating to modification of electronic devices as recent news reports have left the general public with a bad taste about console hacking...

rouneh

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »

haha looks like he got his copies on disc ok but thats a hell of a lot of hardware to be sat on, he must live in a fortress if he pops off down the market often and leaves 50k of consoles that wouldnt get reported if stolen..
i think its more like the chip count than the consoles

most of the time when things like this reach court the judge hasnt the slightest clue what the crime commited is so they get comical sentences if any and can go right back to business serving market scum again, give your salute to these fleabags by selling blank disc`s to them and head off after an hour with your legal profit made by 3000% markup on each empty disc - no copyrights involved

market scum wouldnt like being undercut either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

oozingrectum

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »

Modded consoles and "300-400 copied games discs".

Hm, I wonder why they seem to think all modders are pirates? Oh wait, that's an example why they seem to think that.

If this is completely serious, then I'm glad this guy was raided.

KarlosB

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Aug 6 2007, 10:59 PM) View Post

I will find out who this guy was though.

he was an asain guy (pakistani origin) and had a van parked around the corner full of dvds/pc software/and all kind of DVD disks / games, i once went to that boot sale with my girlfreinds brother (i live about 1-2 miles away), and he had 5-6 tables full of counterfiet software + more in the van im talking about, plus he also had a table at the halifax market.

I heard he also has a shop somewhere in bradford or halifax too, to be honest he was pretty blatant about it, and had 4-5 people working for him at the boot sale alone.

he also advertised a chipping service for most consoles, as well as a flashing servers on the boot sale.

Its guys like this, that cause all the problems and make people think we only mod consoles to play cheap copys of games sad.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4