xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Record Haul of Chipped Consoles Seized in UK  (Read 593 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Record Haul of Chipped Consoles Seized in UK
« on: August 06, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | August 6 17:37 EST | News Category: Xbox_Xbox360

From next-gen.biz:

Police officers have swooped to make the largest ever console chipping seizure in UK history.

The discovery of chipped Wii and Xbox 360 consoles at a residential property was made after officers first raided a tradesman's stall at a Halifax market. When his residence was later searched, West Yorkshire Police unearthed a staggering 246 Wii and 168 Xbox 360 consoles.
Also included in the haul were 19 PSPs, 12 DS Lites, 6 PlayStation 2s and 6 PlayStation 3s, along with other pirating material such as computers used for the duplication of copied discs, illegal chips, 300-400 copied games discs, and £5,000 in cash.
The original operation at the market also resulted in the seizure of over 5000 illegal discs with a retail value of over £50,000.

Full Story: next-gen.biz

proger

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »

....Still not as bad as the US raids... because this guy seems like a total dumbass.  blink.gif

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(proger @ Aug 6 2007, 11:42 PM) View Post

....Still not as bad as the US raids... because this guy seems like a total dumbass.  blink.gif

these are the bastards they should really be after smile.gif

thepita

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »

I do not feel sorry for this person.  grr.gif The punishment should be really harsh. People like this piece of shit give legite modders a bad name! Hope I see a section in the obituries for whoever this is! muhaha.gif  poor grammer I know.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »

300-400 copied games discs

Clearly not backups. This guy took the information and skills and took it to the dark side, making money from the works of others illegally.

fuck him.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »

Don't anyone suggest it was me either, just because the guy lives in my area.
 I don't do piracy shit.
 Edit
I will find out who this guy was though.
over 5000 illegal discs

Taking the piss out of the system or what.
That market is a Sunday market and is full of stalls selling illegal shit. The cops could have busted loads more.
2 guys round the corner from me deal from a stall there and it pisses me off. Neither have jobs or pay tax and my tax money pays for their dole money which they use to further their illegal activities.

This post has been edited by Chancer: Aug 6 2007, 11:04 PM

impimpin206

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »

This is disheartening. People who rent, rip & return already cost the industry millions... but this type of thing is about as scumbag as it gets. Is it that hard to work for a living?

proger

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(impimpin206 @ Aug 6 2007, 06:10 PM) *

This is disheartening. People who rent, rip & return already cost the industry millions... but this type of thing is about as scumbag as it gets. Is it that hard to work for a living?

Apparantally so.

DynaMight

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »

Moral of the story.... don't sell illegal games and chipped consoles on a market stool! you utter spacker!

ckw0n

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

246 wii's, 168 360's?!?!?!??!?!?!

Thats a hell of an investment!

These are exactly the type of people that should be getting busted.

sgr215

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(thepita @ Aug 6 2007, 05:54 PM) *

I do not feel sorry for this person.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif) The punishment should be really harsh. People like this piece of shit give legite modders a bad name! Hope I see a section in the obituries for whoever this is! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)  poor grammer I know.

I don't feel sorry for him but think the laws are a bit harsh, mostly due to affluent lobbyists willing to pay insane "see fee's". I agree he should get hefty restitution and a few years in prison. I just hope they don't make an example of him and give him decades in prison or worse. That should be reserved for the gangsters, rapists, and murderers.

I understand your anger though, the pirates are hurting our hobby as much as the murderers are ruining the hobby of owning/shooting guns safely. If only our politicians could understand the difference between a modchip and a pirated game. Then again, even if they did we don't have the type of money to lobby (aka talk to) our reps in a meaningful way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

recall2000

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(sgr215 @ Aug 6 2007, 10:26 PM) View Post

I just hope they don't make an example of him and give him decades in prison or worse. That should be reserved for the gangsters, rapists, and murderers.

This IS the UK. I live here too, and they don't even give the gangsters, rapists, and murderers decades in prison. He'll probably get a fine and a short, if not suspended sentence. There was a much worse case in the UK  a couple of years ago where the scumbags were making hundreds of thousands and STILL signing on the dole!! Cheeky f**kers. I think the jail sentence was less than 2 years. So probably out in about a year at most.

I'm just glad to see my taxes going to pay for dole for scumbags from this country and not just the terrorist scum we let in  mad.gif

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »

300-400 discs... could be backups... HA! Right....   biggrin.gif

Well, at least this goes to show that criminals are still morons - although I have yet to see someone setting up a booth to sell cocaine... but hell, why not?  Openly sell backups at a market?  Idiots...

A little off topic:  Is dole the UKs version of Welfare and TANF?

quall

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »

If that isn't total ownage, I don't know what is.h

Martomo

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(ckw0n @ Aug 7 2007, 12:21 AM) View Post

246 wii's, 168 360's?!?!?!??!?!?!

Thats a hell of an investment!

These are exactly the type of people that should be getting busted.

I guess he was modding them.. to bad the customers isn't gonna get them back.. ouch tongue.gif
Stupid though, make a work of modding to earn money, there better paying stuff out there (i think)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4