xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Science Fiction, Science Fact?  (Read 75 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
Science Fiction, Science Fact?
« on: March 01, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »

I know this stuff is above me but I took 3 semesters of physics in school.

Here is my take.

The closer you get to the speed of light, even though in your inertial frame, time goes by perfectly normal, everywhere else time moves faster.
Moving clocks run slow. If you take 2 watches and put 1 on a plane that flies around the world, the clock in the plane will be a couple seconds slower than the clock that stayed put.

If you take that information and apply it to the opposite, in my mind, you can never truly go back in time, of your time frame. You can only theoretically stop time for the object and then reinsert it.

I.E. If we use a set of twins wearing watches. Trying to send twin1 (pug_ster) back in time, the best you could do is freeze him where he is and then reanimate him. So, if we did that for 10 minutes, twin2 (BCfosheezy) would be the right time and twin1 (pug_ster) would be 10 minutes younger. All the while, twin1 (pug_ster) never realized what happened. Everything else would just be older.

Time is not a constant.

But, it would be cool if I was wrong.

BTW, I just read an article (don't remember where) where they froze light particles, moved them, and reanimated them. That is pretty cool, and in my opinion, for that light beam, it went "back in time", while it was being moved.

Edit: Even though I was being silly with the names, what I wrote is what I really believe.