xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Picture of kidnapping victim appeared on Xbox community site  (Read 344 times)

signal-to-noise-ratio

• Archived User
Picture of kidnapping victim appeared on Xbox community site
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(794 @ Jan 15 2007, 04:00 PM) View Post

I only hope that through therapy and the love and support of his family and friends that he can have a normal rest of his childhood and a great future ahead.

Me too. The less drama in the world the better. Glad he made it home.

As for why he didnt run they should talk to both boys him and the one that was just kidnapped a few weeks ago. Im sure the new one could shed alot of light on the situation.

jbwrxsti

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »

wow im guessing this kid didn't know how to use his legs, cuz why couldn't this kid just open the front door and go outside when he was gone? ya think he would know his own phone number? come on...

indiraider

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »

I was just watching NBC they said he posted two messages on 'his' blog (made by his family by to find him) under Shawn Devlin, asking about himself and asking to write a poem about himself. WTF this is getting weird i hope this topic continues with more speculation because its very weird.

holyniht

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »

Theres 2 many Puzzles that dont fit into the theory that he was being held againts his will. Neighbors recall seeing him sitting on a sofa playin video games with the door wide open. I mean, he obviously had internet access and priveledges and i doubt that devlin character was watching over his shoulder 24/7 especially for 4 years. The guy worked overnight for christ sake. Sumthing is up

nettwerk

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(quarky42 @ Jan 16 2007, 12:01 AM) View Post

I'm very glad the kid was found and returned to his family.  Sure is weird though.

I'm wondering why this is xbox-scene news just because the kidnapper had an xbox 360...  Do you think this story would appear on a Sony site if the kidnappers instead had a PoS3 ?  

Just seems like an odd place for this kinda thing.

Hi

http://kotaku.com/ga...pper-228650.php

jbwrxsti

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(brywalker @ Jan 15 2007, 05:02 PM) View Post

I know this whole thing sounds fishy. However there is a real simple explanation.

The abductor only had to utter 1 sentence.

"If you try to run, I will cut your family into little pieces."

That's it. That kid would never ever put his family in danger, so he stayed put. I think he gave up on ever seeing his family again, so he did what he could to lead a normal life.

People are fucked up. This guy must have had a mental stranglehold over this poor kid.
come on if you stayed u could of turned into the guys tv dinner... whats the chances he will kill your family before you run away, call 911 and say you were kidnapped and he's after your family... all while the guy is at work all night... just think about it

_8ight

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »

here's his pic from his yahoo profile:

IPB Image

here's the link:

http://profiles.yaho...he_pumpkin_king

too bad yahoo has pulled his profile down though.  i saw it a couple days ago and it was intact.  gone now.

g8crapachino

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »

The kid probable suffers from Stockholm syndrome.  Stockholm syndrome is a very real and well documented pycological affliction where the abductees sympathizes and even befriend or help their abductor.

Some of you people are just naive.  It's really easy for anyone who've never experienced a kidnapping to say what the kid should have done.    Just consider yourselves all lucky that it's never happen to you.   I'll bet that if any of you were to be put into a similiar situation, what you say you would do and what you really do would be entirely different.

holyniht

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »

a strong positive family influence and upbringing could have avoided all this. I mean kids today are smart as hell. Its not like back in the 80s when you could scare some kid by telling him your gonna get his family or the boogey man is gonna get eat em if he doesnt do what u say. Say that to a kid now and they look @ you like ur stupid  wink.gif . I dont know about you guys but im 21 and i can tell you if i was 10 i would know exactly wat to do in that situation. Not to judge a book by the cover but im pretty sure his parents didnt force him to pierce his lip at such a young age, so the kid did have his wits about em. Next they"ll be saying he didnt know about sex either rolleyes.gif Not pointing fingers or anyting but theres always two sides to a story

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »

^ Back in the 80s you were 10. Kids don't think logical. Their world is still magical, no matter how mature they sound.

As stated earlier, noone knows unless they went through it. No 10 year old would willingly lose contact with all friends and family. And, if he did, I don't think he would willingly go home now, after 4 years.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 06:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 15 2007, 10:44 PM) View Post
^ Back in the 80s you were 10. Kids don't think logical. Their world is still magical, no matter how mature they sound.

As stated earlier, noone knows unless they went through it. No 10 year old would willingly lose contact with all friends and family. And, if he did, I don't think he would willingly go home now, after 4 years.

I just wanted to add to your comment that he might not be "willingly" going home. His abductor is going to jail. This kid doesn't really have anywhere to stay other than with his parents. Depending on his current age and what the Missouri laws are, he is probably not legally able to be emancipated. He's probably legally bound to his parents.

I think we're all assuming this guy just up and took this kid. Why does it have to be any different than these sexual internet encounters where the people mutually want to meet after conversing on the internet? Maybe this kids child life was less than desireable to him (kids are rebellious) and maybe this guy promised him constant video games, lax rules, not an alcoholic like parents, etc. That might have seemed really attractive at the time and the kid arranged the pickup.

I'm going to coin a new phrase with this smile.gif Statutory kidnapping.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(g8crapachino @ Jan 16 2007, 04:52 AM) View Post

The kid probable suffers from Stockholm syndrome.  Stockholm syndrome is a very real and well documented pycological affliction where the abductees sympathizes and even befriend or help their abductor.

Some of you people are just naive.  It's really easy for anyone who've never experienced a kidnapping to say what the kid should have done.    Just consider yourselves all lucky that it's never happen to you.   I'll bet that if any of you were to be put into a similiar situation, what you say you would do and what you really do would be entirely different.

I completely agree.  Unfortunately, many kids don't get completely independent from their parents until in the late teens or early 20's.  I'm sure that kid is probably dependent to the abductor even he is not the parent.

cliffy88

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Jan 16 2007, 02:47 PM) View Post

I just wanted to add to your comment that he might not be "willingly" going home. His abductor is going to jail. This kid doesn't really have anywhere to stay other than with his parents. Depending on his current age and what the Missouri laws are, he is probably not legally able to be emancipated. He's probably legally bound to his parents.
I think we're all assuming this guy just up and took this kid. Why does it have to be any different than these sexual internet encounters where the people mutually want to meet after conversing on the internet? Maybe this kids child life was less than desireable to him (kids are rebellious) and maybe this guy promised him constant video games, lax rules, not an alcoholic like parents, etc. That might have seemed really attractive at the time and the kid arranged the pickup.

I'm going to coin a new phrase with this smile.gif Statutory kidnapping.

Probably the smartest thing said...well idea of what really happened. It could be wrong, but when you think about it...it does sound logical...

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »

I can see the logical process, but how does that explain the 2nd kid? The info we have on him was he was abducted in plain sight.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 16 2007, 02:24 PM) View Post
I can see the logical process, but how does that explain the 2nd kid? The info we have on him was he was abducted in plain sight.

I was just offering up another solution. I don't proclaim it as fact. It is probably wrong, Although it would be easily explainable. There is really nothing there explaining it away.

Pages: 1 [2] 3