xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: British Modder Convicted Under New Law  (Read 400 times)

Exist2Resist

• Archived User
British Modder Convicted Under New Law
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

I didnt even think about the bios.
Well technically no PS2 chips have any illeagal bios on them. i know the ghost and a few other chips have to be flashed because they come blank with no bios, but all other chips have legal bios flashed.
And the Xbox doesnt have any illeagal content untill flashed.
So i guess if you sell the Xbox premodded with just the cromwell flash bios youre ok. But then youre taking the risk of whom ever you sell it to that they will mess up the flash. Then you have to explain to them where to obtain the actual BIOS and how to flash it.
I guess he was the example to be made of, sorry to hear it and i hope we get some detail on the case from Mr inocent. looking forward to hearing about it.

skevast

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

People! people! I dont believe you understand the magnitude of chipping, You literally take the caviar out of the gaming industrys executives childrens mouth, and even worst if this will continue their children will not get the next years BMW modell when they turn 16. They will have to settle with a 2006 modell or maybe 2007 but then only whit basic equipment. And the one with basic equipment only have airbag on the drivers side, so after a party drunk driving they could actually kill the girl they are dating that week, and if its a friday they wont be able to meet another girl before monday. so they have to live without sex for whole 2 days. And because their parents have less money to bribe the cops they dont give them a lift home after they falsify the blodtests, they have to take a stinking Taxi home because it is to late to call a limo.
However if they think about the safety first and take a fully equiped 2006 modell they would be bullied by their friends and they wouldn't be happy with themselves. All their pain would be our fault, by our fault I mean all the people that modd their console or anybodys console for that matter.

Could you live this way, knowing that you literally made someone unhappy. From now on I will destroy my chipped consoles and buy new ones. I Will buy every new game that comes out now matter if it sucks. (It is not their childrens fault the games sucks).
And the most important thing of all is that I will donate the rest of my salary to a trust for rich and spoiled children, because they need it the most.

I hope more people think like me because my salary is not enough, it's just like pocket change for them. But if we join together everybody and donate everything we have then maybe we can make a rich kid happy.

However the main thing is that we shouldn't modd our consoles because if we even buy all the games that sucks it isn't enough, and if we make backups of the games we have we would only buy those games once.

So the conclusion: DON'T MODD,play freesbee with the originals you have, so you can buy and use more than one of each game. And if you don't have children of your own that could help you with a efficient destruction of your originals, you could just donate them the money directly without any fuss.

Live in peace and may the rick get richer, it just makes me so happy knowing they are happy........

NOT

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(njptrading @ Dec 9 2006, 10:28 AM) View Post

Absolutely true - no two ways about it. They HAVE to prevent this sort of stuff. Its ashame for the non pirates and for XBMC lovers though but i guess these people just have to get it done on the sly. I for one am not a pirate because every game stored on my 200gb drive i have as an original. Is it pirate to hunt down these games on ebay for a few quid each? nope hope not. If pirates are fed up of game costs why dont they try and scat a bargain on ebay? (not for new recent games but for everything else).

Back to the modchipping, yea ashame about that guy. my mate lives down there (i'm more up north) and that's his local computer fair, he always sees that guy there. and he also sees customers buying up ps2's - why else would you mod a ps2 unless its for piracy.

Uh no...you should get informed. The Crystal chip 2.0 for ps2 is a homebrew chip capable of doing alot more than just bypassing copy protection. It's used for region free movies, NTSC->PAL, PAL-NTSC, and everything you can think of. It's one of best ps2 chips. You can use it to watch divx/avi anything. No one thought a ps2 could do that but it can. Late in ps2's life there's lots of homebrew...like SMS player. Of course it doesn't come close to abilities of xbox though.

Awes0me Dude

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Exist2Resist @ Dec 9 2006, 03:54 PM) View Post

One: once you buy a system, be it a consumer or a vendor, it becomes you'r property, you can do to that property whteve you like, be smash it with a bat, throw it off the balcony, or chip it. It is your property and can do with it what you please except for reverse engineering it. And modding a system is not reverse engineering at least id like to believe. Yes if you sell pirated games for profit you should be convicted, but chiping a system, come on thats just silly.

Two: the companies that make the product should be responsible for their own product and not get the government involved. It is up to the companies to make sure that if they do not wish their systems to be modded, well then make sure when you design it you make it impossible. If you cant well then youre shit out of luck, the government is there to protect the people and not the billion dollar companies and industries that manufacture the product. The problem is that most governments that do prosecute people for chipping are under pressure from the Capitalist country of USA where corporations dictate policy, to do so. We've seen this happen in australia where the free trade agreement between USA dictated that people get prosecuted for chipping. I'm sure Bush and Blair came to some sort of agreement that was close to that.

I think us canadians only really know how full of shit the US goverment really is, and Mexicans as well. Being so close to those assholes and all. They're trying to pull that shit here, but get rejected at every turn they try.
At least out government still looks out for the little guy, somewhat. See the states are conccearned more with profit than poverty or way of life, thats why they have the largest population per capita living under the poverty line, in all of the 1st world countries. The human factor doesnt come into play at all thats why the USA have created a police state, and the UK is on its way there as well.

I know you're just trying to piss people off, so I'll ignore your ignorant generalities towards Americans and Mexicans, but I wanted to point out another thing I think you're completely wrong on.  Why should companies have to spend extra time and design dollars making it "impossible" (which is never the case) to mod their system, when it's your civic responsibility not to steal their shit?  In your mind, everything is fair game unless your physically locked out of it.  PEOPLE work for these evil corporations you talk about, people that spend their time designing games or software so that they can make a living.  If everyone thought like you, developing would be a minimum wage job because they'd spend most of their time and money preventing d-bags like you from stealing their stuff.  

And next time you rag on Americans and Mexicans, dont tell everyone you're from Canada, lie and say you're from a country with some sense of national identity and pride.

Exist2Resist

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Awes0me Dude @ Dec 10 2006, 01:29 PM) View Post

I know you're just trying to piss people off, so I'll ignore your ignorant generalities towards Americans and Mexicans, but I wanted to point out another thing I think you're completely wrong on.  Why should companies have to spend extra time and design dollars making it "impossible" (which is never the case) to mod their system, when it's your civic responsibility not to steal their shit?  In your mind, everything is fair game unless your physically locked out of it.  PEOPLE work for these evil corporations you talk about, people that spend their time designing games or software so that they can make a living.  If everyone thought like you, developing would be a minimum wage job because they'd spend most of their time and money preventing d-bags like you from stealing their stuff.  

And next time you rag on Americans and Mexicans, dont tell everyone you're from Canada, lie and say you're from a country with some sense of national identity and pride.

Go figure you got a pic of Bush as your Sig, that right there tells me about your intelligence level.
First of all I'm sorry you misunderstood me. Second I wasnt ragging on Americans or Mexicans, I was simply stating a fact about level of corruption int the American Gov't and how its policy is dictated by the multi million or billion dollar corporations. Thirdly, I feel really bad for all the Americans that have to live under the current and any future gov't because youre all fucked, you have no freedoms, just a bunch of guidelines with the illusion of freedom. These so called corporations make their millions by exploiting people and actually do more harm than good, Blood Diamonds, Sugar Cane industry, Wal Mart, LCD crystals, and so on and so on, I could go on for another 20 min, all industries started by greedy Corporations. So tell me, why are they allowed to break human rights and laws, and f**k over thousands of human beings, but when One individual steals from them, he has to suffer. What about the thousands of people around the world that suffer daily and die, because your precious corporation needs their products. But because some CEO's bonus will will half a million this year instead of a full million, he has to lash out at the person that actually might need that extra money to feed themselves that day that he sells a modded system. Have you thought about that. So shut up and go back to watching your Corporate Propaganda (TV)
And the actual amount of people that pirate games, is minimal compared to the amount of people that buy them.

Awes0me Dude

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Exist2Resist @ Dec 10 2006, 08:04 PM) View Post

Go figure you got a pic of Bush as your Sig, that right there tells me about your intelligence level.

Maybe you should look closer Einstein.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »

What a waste of time.  I'm sure the statistic police will be masterbating over this crime against humanity in the near future.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ Dec 9 2006, 01:48 AM) View Post
Most guns are used to hurt or kill people, yet they are legal in some of the states of a certain big ass country with a warlord spreading fear against terrorists, nipples and reverse-engineering.

WOAH!!! Slow down nutjob. Most guns are used to kill people? That is OBVIOUSLY erroneous. Now you're obviously speaking of either Iran or South Korea by the warlord and spreading fear comment, but they aren't that big of countries and they love nipple and reverse-engineering. Basically leave the lies and your radical, crazy point of view of of this as it has nothing to do with the discussion.

I would be willing to make the statement that EVERY person that mods is guilty or has been guily of piracy at some point. Whether you just use a modded xbox as a media center to play your stolen mp3's and/or stolen movies, tv episondes or whatever you are guilty. Whether you play emulated games that are not yet public domain. Whether you back up games or not, you can't tell me that you still spend the money on new games and THEN make backups when you could save around 50 dollars a pop, JUST because you want to be able to say you're not a pirate.

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

Until the day when there is no purposes OTHER than to pirate games of a system, I refuse to acknowledge these stupid laws.  If the game companies want us on there side they should:

1. Offer the systems with all the features unlocked.  Linux, media player, run homebrew, etc.
2. Region free games.
3. Have a policy that if your game gets scratched/damaged, you mail back the original disc, and they mail you a new one for free.

MS has already been smart with the 360 offering free demos on live.  So that eliminates pirating for the purpose of "try before you buy".  This was one of the few reasons I was for pirating.  I have no problems giving $50 to a great game, but I have issues with spending $50 and then deciding the game sucks and that the marketing was bogus, and then only being able to trade the game in for $10.

The moment there is no purpose to modding except pirating, I will stop modding period.

I have no sympathy for the modders who also sell pirated games (as that is not backing up your own game, or "try before you buy", that is clearly pirating for profit for the guy making/selling copies), but I truly feel bad for this guy if he was only modding systems and not selling games.  The reason these stupid laws are in place is because who do you think gives large donations to these politicians?

root102

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Dec 9 2006, 06:53 AM) View Post

Yarr...
beerchug.gif

Yarr...  ph34r.gif  beerchug.gif  ph34r.gif

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2006, 08:13:00 PM »

This is outrageous.  Modding is or shouldnt be illegal. Pirating yes, i do not condone. I mod consoles for people and yes i get asked to load their hdd with games. I say no, no matter how much they offer me. I repeat and say i never will give or sell games.

If i was to get arrested for MODDING, i would fight it as best to my ability. Does the guy that sells guns get arrested when the purchaser kills a man? Does the guy that repairs my rifle scope get arrested? I am simply upgrading or fixing a game console. If i put neons on a guys car will i get arrested? If he turns them on while driving, is that my fault?

I hate the world, everything is illegal. I cant leave my house without being in fear of doing anything. Even in my house heck, my wifi could be hacked and be downloading files right now for all i know.

I repeat i hate the world, im moving to aussie land where most is free to do as he wishes. Plus girls are hot too, which is a +.

Awes0me Dude

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Exist2Resist @ Dec 11 2006, 03:20 AM) View Post

I wont even dignify that with a comment.

You just did.  Want me to explain it to you?  That's Bush, that's an oil well.  He likes oil.  I dont like that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]