xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Dmca Should Be Replaced With?  (Read 86 times)

openxdkman

• Archived User
What Dmca Should Be Replaced With?
« on: October 06, 2006, 04:20:00 AM »

I'd love to see all console users create a lobbying group, strong enough to force DMCA rewriting...

New contents could be :
-you can make 1 backup (to protect original from scratches and overheat)
-no hardware can be sold under real cost price (to protect new young companies that want to enter market)
-copyrighted stuff must have the mention "you only have the right to possess 1 backup"
-making 1 backup must remain technically possible

Nothing is impossible... See about prisoners torture... It's now legal and fair...

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 07:12:00 AM »

Also software should become freeware not opensource after 2 generations or 10 years whatever happens 1st.

I.E. NES Roms. If you want the packaging and whatnot, you should have to pay for that.

I don't agree with your hardware costs though. Companies should be able to charge whatever they want. If they are selling the same product as the big companies then they are dumb anyway. Make it more innovative so that consumers want to spend money on your version instead of the big successful 1.

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(openxdkman @ Oct 6 2006, 03:51 AM) *

I'd love to see all console users create a lobbying group, strong enough to force DMCA rewriting...

New contents could be :
-you can make 1 backup (to protect original from scratches and overheat)
-no hardware can be sold under real cost price (to protect new young companies that want to enter market)
-copyrighted stuff must have the mention "you only have the right to possess 1 backup"
-making 1 backup must remain technically possible

Nothing is impossible... See about prisoners torture... It's now legal and fair...

While you're at it how about making modchips legal per DMCA.

That would be a pretty good start.