xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Microsoft Sues Viodentia (FairUse4WM) for Copyright Infringement  (Read 208 times)

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
Microsoft Sues Viodentia (FairUse4WM) for Copyright Infringement
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

theo nly statement thati can make out of this article is SUCKS TO BE U AND thats why they invented limewire and warez and more lol rolleyes.gif

celicagt1993

• Archived User
Microsoft Sues Viodentia (FairUse4WM) for Copyright Infringement
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(rasstar @ Sep 27 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

I used P2P applications back in the day but now my time is to valuable to waste on those things. I like having all the music i can download right at my finger tips for such a small fee. If you are a kid living with your mom I could see why you would love limewire but for me it sucks. I hope you have a good virus program installed.

here here!!  
i understand why DRM is there, and i somewhat agree to it being there.  just thing if napster was free, like it use to be, in it's current form and you could do what ever you wanted to do with the music after downloading it.  the vast majority of people would never buy a cd again.  that's why i agree to it being there.  BUT......  i hate that I have to redownload ALL the music that i've downloaded while paying my 15 a month to my laptop just to have the same thing on it.  plus that i bought 2 mp3 players and 2 music players because i didnt know anything about all this when i got stated and now 1 mp3 player and 1 sound player is basically garbage because it wouldn't play the DRMed files.  not to mention that when using media center on the extender, if the license is expired, to listen to that song i have to go back to my computer to open that song just to get a new license just to play it again in the other room.  that's a pain in my side.

do i think that having a program like this would hurt the music industry?  not any more than it is now.  programs like tunebite does the same thing as this program but in a round about way.  I don't think this lawsuit has anything to do with the music industry, i think it's more that it's microsofts copyrights have been hit.  but again, i don't think any "copyrighted code" was used in this program.

myself personally, I won't stop my subcription to URGE because of this program.  I like that I can get new albums when they come out and i like the orginization that they give.  limewire you have too much garbage on it and sometimes you don't even get the real song.  plus i don't have any desire to open up my 3000 album library to the world and have my upload bandwith sucked dry.

Textbook

• Archived User
Pages: 1 [2]