xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ignorace Of Muslims Toward The Pope.  (Read 171 times)

puckSR

• Archived User
Ignorace Of Muslims Toward The Pope.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »

actually a solution does exist....and ironically I am going to mention this in a thread on the pope.

The difference between a crazy extremist and a sane strongly religious person can be measured by the ability of that person to be reasonable.

A direct correlation can be drawn between those who have substandard education and those who embrace insane ideology.

The pope, for example, believes that reason and rational discourse on the topic is the only way to achieve a kindred relationship between the Muslims extremists and the west.
The only way to promote intellectual discourse in the middle east is to fund education.  An educated population is far less likely to engage in tragic violence in support of their religion.

In the west, we could all see the irony when Muslims acted in violent ways to protest a claim that Islam was violent.  The people who acted so stupidly were not aware of the irony.  Perhaps if they were educated(or at least capable of reading) we would not have these problems.

This is just my idea, it may not work....but I think history and common sense support my position.  The best solution for the "middle east crisis" is to create a smarter middle east....

xmedia2003

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 25 2006, 05:58 AM) *

actually a solution does exist....and ironically I am going to mention this in a thread on the pope.

The difference between a crazy extremist and a sane strongly religious person can be measured by the ability of that person to be reasonable.

A direct correlation can be drawn between those who have substandard education and those who embrace insane ideology.

The pope, for example, believes that reason and rational discourse on the topic is the only way to achieve a kindred relationship between the Muslims extremists and the west.
The only way to promote intellectual discourse in the middle east is to fund education.  An educated population is far less likely to engage in tragic violence in support of their religion.

In the west, we could all see the irony when Muslims acted in violent ways to protest a claim that Islam was violent.  The people who acted so stupidly were not aware of the irony.  Perhaps if they were educated(or at least capable of reading) we would not have these problems.

This is just my idea, it may not work....but I think history and common sense support my position.  The best solution for the "middle east crisis" is to create a smarter middle east....

Stop defending child molesters.

You claim to be a deist but on your website you say catholic.

Same old Cock.

This post has been edited by xmedia2003: Sep 25 2006, 01:13 AM

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

You claim to be a deist but on your website you say catholic.

Unlike you I constantly question my religious faith.
Deism is a belief in the non-involvement of God in the world.
Some Deists argue for an "ant farm scenario" while other Deists argue for the "Deterministic Universe" scenario.
I fall into the "determinist" camp....so I can be both a catholic and a deist....
But that is beside the point.....

I, once again, question everything and everyone including myself.  This leads to enlightenment and knowledge.
I also do not believe that my beliefs should fit my religion, but rather that my religion should fit my beliefs.
If my beliefs change(which they do on occasion) then I redefine my religion.

I have met "Church of Christ"ers that drink and party and dress up and wear makeup....
They are not "Church of Christ"ers anymore....but they still affiliate with that religion.
If you alter your beliefs, and there is another religion that has your exact new beliefs(or closer than your previous religion) then you should identify with that new religion.

If I move from Cleveland to Detroit...I dont tell people I live in Cleveland anymore.  I may love cleveland, I may identify with cleveland....but I now live in detroit...

afruff23

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 12:43:00 AM »

I found it a bit funny that ignorance was misspelled.

First, I would like to say I am Muslim. Second, I have read most of the surrounding text of his speech found here: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict...ensburg_en.html

The gist I get from it is that violence is wrong, and he says that the Byzantine man was wrong. Arab news can be just as biased as US news. He is clearly referring to jihadists, telling them to think more rationally. If taken into context, this statement is very positive about Muslims in general. I think Arab media is mostly to blame. As for his apology, I would have done the same to stop confusion spread by the media and stop violence.

We bomb the middle east, muslims become angry/realize they are NOT the most power people in the world, and they realize that shit maybe they should respect other opinions and beliefs in this world before they go killing people of other religions.

It just seems to me what they are doing is worse than us bombing them

1. You bomb innocent people
2. You infuriate people even more
3. New factions are created whcih are even more anti-US
4. You're spreading a message of tolerance by specifically killing people of a certain religion
5. "what they are doing". Who's they? And precisely what are they doing. I suppose bombing is no worse than killing.
6. Most jihadists don't target a specific religion. They attack people of westernized countries. Some in Palestine target Jews, but the majority of jihadists do not.
7. Are you a foreign policy major?

This post has been edited by afruff23: Oct 24 2006, 07:44 AM

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(afruff23 @ Oct 24 2006, 07:14 AM) *

I found it a bit funny that ignorance was misspelled.

1. You bomb innocent people
2. You infuriate people even more
3. New factions are created whcih are even more anti-US
4. You're spreading a message of tolerance by specifically killing people of a certain religion
5. "what they are doing". Who's they? And precisely what are they doing. I suppose bombing is no worse than killing.
6. Most jihadists don't target a specific religion. They attack people of westernized countries. Some in Palestine target Jews, but the majority of jihadists do not.
7. Are you a foreign policy major?

I didn't know it was misspelled:)

Yes it is unfortunate that the people who live in Iraq are collateral damage in this conflict.  And sometimes we have to question Bush's sanity when he went to war in Iraq.  The problem is if the end justify the means.  IE, it is okay jiahadists killing innocent people just because there's a war in Iraq?  It is okay for Muslims to treat the pope like that when he mis-quoted Muhammad, when radical islams don't respect Christians or Jews.
Pages: 1 [2]