xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Do You Think About The Pirate Party?  (Read 83 times)

pichon

• Archived User
What Do You Think About The Pirate Party?
« on: September 08, 2006, 11:50:00 PM »

I dont know if this has been discussed but I found it very interesting....

USA

International

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

I think they are trying to take over the gaming homebrew scene. They have started with XBMC. Its a valid conspiracy theory.

pichon

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

It makes sense that more technological advance can happen when people can take someone else’s work and make it better, but it is hard to get over the fact that it is stealing...

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

I agree, the X Factor should be illegal and all cover artist's spanked n gassed ASAP.

This post has been edited by Arvarden: Sep 9 2006, 08:22 PM

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

Musicians are supposed to make their money from shows. The downloaded music is almost a demo for people to hear so when the band comes to town people will go see them.

I haven't heard Michael Jordan complain that all of his dunks are on youtube for everyone to see for free. It can, in a way, keep him in the public eye.

For games, it is different. It's not like we can go to a gaming concert. I don't think piracy of games is right. But, I do think after a system is 2 generations old it's ROMs or images should be free. If you want a hard copy, pay for it. I think all NES and SNES games should be free. Nintendo doesn't even make money from them anymore.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/faqs/legal.html
Haven't the Copyrights for Old Games Expired?

U.S. copyright laws state that copyrights owned by corporations are valid for 75 years from the date of first publication. Because video games have been around for less than three decades, the copyrights of all video games will not expire for many decades to come.
Shouldn't be this way.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

throwingks has the ticket I think.  Unfortunately... since Nintendo wants to sell this stuff with the Wii.... I don't think we'll be seeing any of this (legal free ROMs) any time soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by CattyKid: Sep 13 2006, 05:21 AM