xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: What Do You Think Of Pro-immigrant March?  (Read 1264 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
What Do You Think Of Pro-immigrant March?
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

i think the solution to illegal immigration is to just make it easier for people to immigrate here legally (i sense a long discussion brewing form this one)

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2006, 06:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(prominator @ Apr 15 2006, 08:23 PM) View Post
do you think that its ok to make anyone who helps illegal immigrants delinquents?
even if lets say a american kid helps his best friend who is from another country?

how would you fill if they took your mom back to her country were she was bore? she has been here since for ever and she does not know anyone from were she is from anymore. what whould she do?
Yes, it is illegal to help illegals. Even if it is your best friend. If it was my mom, I would feel bad, but then again, she is ILLEGAL. She should have gone through the process.

My main qualm would be the children of illegals born here. I don't have a fair solution for them.
QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Apr 15 2006, 10:54 PM) View Post
i think the solution to illegal immigration is to just make it easier for people to immigrate here legally (i sense a long discussion brewing form this one)
IPB Image

jha'dhur

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Apr 16 2006, 08:55 AM) View Post

Yes, it is illegal to help illegals. Even if it is your best friend. If it was my mom, I would feel bad, but then again, she is ILLEGAL. She should have gone through the process.

My main qualm would be the children of illegals born here. I don't have a fair solution for them.
IPB Image

It is not illegal to help illegals.

That is the whole stir up with this bill by requiring churches and other institutions to function like immigration and report illegals.

This country was born on the shoulders of slavery and this whole Mexican issue is merely modern day slavery "at best"

"Americans" have lost track of the pretense of the core values this country was founded upon.

All we need now is some goober with a narrow mustache to rise up to tell us all how bad we got it and how the "MEXI-JEWS" are ruining our country.

GOD forbid we hold any elected officials feet to the fire.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(jha'dhur @ Apr 16 2006, 07:57 AM) View Post
GOD forbid we hold any elected officials feet to the fire.
This might be the only part of your post I agree with.

How is this at all salvery? It is slavery, at worst not best. They are indentured servants at best. They steal healthcare that even I don't get. My insurance isnt as good as theirs. I have a co-pay. They don't pay anything. In fact, hospitals pay other hospitals to take them because it is a cheaper cost then keeping them themselves. My wife was an RN for 12 months, in a level 1 trauma floor, in Phoenix, until last week when we moved to Virginia Beach.

They are living better than they did in Mexico (which isn't the only large population of illegals, just the only one to speak so loudly). The Mexicans are saying they are merely in "their" land. We stole it, they did nothing wrong. At least all the other illegals are smart enough to know they did something wrong. The Mexicans should be waiving American flag at their rallies and then, maybe, I would start to feel a little sympathy.

What about Cubans, Asians, and every other group? Why aren't they rallying? Cause they know they became indentured servants, which is a better life than they had. And, they are making a better life for their family.

jha'dhur

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Apr 16 2006, 11:35 AM) View Post

How is this at all salvery? It is slavery, at worst not best. They are indentured servants at best. They steal healthcare that even I don't get. My insurance isnt as good as theirs. I have a co-pay. They don't pay anything. In fact, hospitals pay other hospitals to take them because it is a cheaper cost then keeping them themselves. My wife was an RN for 12 months, in a level 1 trauma floor, in Phoenix, until last week when we moved to Virginia Beach.

I have family members that have been in the heaalthcare proffesion probably longer than you have been breathing, and i have heard the story so many times that hospitals will only take an individual long enough to stabilize him/her which is there legal obligation. After that they will "dump" your white, black, hispanic, asian, arse the same.

In fact there was recently MSNBC story on it where, a securuty camera caught hospital employess dumping an elderly white woman on the streets after emergency room visit.

Carol Ann Reyes, 63, of Gardena, was taken from a Kaiser Permanente hospital in Bellflower on Monday to the downtown area known as Skid Row, authorities said.

A surveillance camera outside the Union Rescue Mission showed Reyes walking from the direction of a taxi that had just driven away. She wandered the street for about three minutes before a mission staff member brought her inside.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11992490/

They are living better than they did in Mexico (which isn't the only large population of illegals, just the only one to speak so loudly).

Irish, Italian, Spanish, Greek, African, Romanian, AMERICANS are all living better than there cousins in the olde country.

YOUR POINT.........

What about Cubans, Asians, and every other group? Why aren't they rallying? Cause they know they became indentured servants, which is a better life than they had. And, they are making a better life for their family.

Lets see a cuban, a mexican, and a Dominican can all board a inner tube and float over to Miami. Guess who will not be sent back upon reaching dry land.

The Cuban.  

I went to a university with a large immigrant student body, and I have said this years ago immigration laws are simply: RACIALLY motivated, unless you are native of an oil wealthy country, like Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Kuwait and the likes.

How is this at all salvery? It is slavery, at worst not best.

Picking crops for not enough money to survive on while the benefactors of this institution get wealthy, very close

P.S. Just send your tax payment straight to Halliburton.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(jha'dhur @ Apr 16 2006, 10:01 AM) View Post

I have family members that have been in the heaalthcare proffesion probably longer than you have been breathing, and i have heard the story so many times that hospitals will only take an individual long enough to stabilize him/her which is there legal obligation. After that they will "dump" your white, black, hispanic, asian, arse the same.
You are mistaken. They get them well enough to either, send them to a long term care facility on the hospitals dime. Or, get them well enough to be deported. My wife is standing oer my shoulder as I type this.

In fact there was recently MSNBC story on it where, a securuty camera caught hospital employess dumping an elderly white woman on the streets after emergency room visit.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11992490/
Irish, Italian, Spanish, Greek, African, Romanian, AMERICANS are all living better than there cousins in the olde country.
You cannot prove by one example. The reason this was on MSNBC was because this action was morally wrong as well as illegal.

YOUR POINT.........
Lets see a cuban, a mexican, and a Dominican can all board a inner tube and float over to Miami. Guess who will not be sent back upon reaching dry land.

The Cuban.  

I went to a university with a large immigrant student body, and I have said this years ago immigration laws are simply: RACIALLY motivated, unless you are native of an oil wealthy country, like Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Kuwait and the likes.
Picking crops for not enough money to survive on while the benefactors of this institution get wealthy, very close

P.S. Just send your tax payment straight to Halliburton.
I agree, hold the people who are responsible, accountable for their actions.

I am not trying t prove anything with ths next statement, but I still find it interesting. The team I played for, the Anaheim Angels, not only paid a particular Cuban millions of dollars, they also helped him deport. They had trouble getting it done from Cuba so they had him deport to the Dominican 1st. I think that is how the story goes. His name is Kendry Morales.

My guess is there is no working agreement with Cuba as there is with other countries. We don't even take their cigars, but we house their people.  blink.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(jha'dhur @ Apr 16 2006, 12:01 PM) View Post

i dont know too many wealthy farmers
IPB Image

and as i recall, slaves got no money, not "barely enough money"

as throwingks said, its much closer to indentured servitude (same thing happens to starving artists who move out to new york, or wannabe actors who move to LA)

prominator

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

like it or not some day there will be no more white people
and that will be the day that the world will be in peace!

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

^ohh fuck off, thats the stupidest statement in this thread...

jha'dhur

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Apr 16 2006, 01:16 PM) View Post

You are mistaken. They get them well enough to either, send them to a long term care facility on the hospitals dime. Or, get them well enough to be deported. My wife is standing oer my shoulder as I type this.

You cannot prove by one example. The reason this was on MSNBC was because this action was morally wrong as well as illegal.
I agree, hold the people who are responsible, accountable for their actions.

You must be from a wealthy state baecasue, in most states I have been to no insurance no overnight under most circumstances. Hospital is only required to stabilize not provide long term care. (I am speaking off Americans)

In fact a good friend of mine ruptured a disc, in her back the doctor, because she didnt have insurance, told her to go to the emergency room if she pisses on herself.  

She walks aroung for a few weeks with her spinal cord rubbing against one of her back vertabra, until she pisses herself. She is not paralyzed only by the grace of GOD.

She only got the operation because she had it done at a university hospital by basically one doctor and a bunch of grad students.

You didnt read the MSNBC link did you because that is essentially what the particular hospital in that story did.
And from what my relative that has been a registered nurse for the better part of 30 years indicated this practice is on the increase, and has advised the female with the back practice to sue the hospital.

P.S.
Does your wife work at a county hospital?

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Apr 16 2006, 01:52 PM) View Post

i dont know too many wealthy farmers
IPB Image

and as i recall, slaves got no money, not "barely enough money"

as throwingks said, its much closer to indentured servitude (same thing happens to starving artists who move out to new york, or wannabe actors who move to LA)

By money I mean food, clothing.

The farm system in this country is welfare.

Acting, or singing isnt a nessecity of life, so if you resort to selling yourself to some old fat white dude  (Mariah Carey, Celine Deion, J-Ho) to get famous I am not going to shed a tear for you.

QUOTE(prominator @ Apr 16 2006, 02:50 PM) View Post

like it or not some day there will be no more white people
and that will be the day that the world will be in peace!

George Bush and D. Rumsfiled deserve an A for effort. They have managed to provide nearly 3000 americans with DIRT NAPS, most of them being white, but

NONONE CARES.

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(prominator @ Apr 15 2006, 08:23 PM) View Post

how would you fill if they took your mom back to her country were she was bore? she has been here since for ever and she does not know anyone from were she is from anymore. what whould she do?

Similar things happened at the time of the depression except both Legal AND illegal mexicans were sent packing to Mexico.
They had a choice... leave their homes, ranches, farms and other personal belongings behind and head to Mexico (even though they were born in the U.S.) or stay and get killed by angry mobs of people who blamed illegal immigrants for the depression.

Legal or not, if you had brown skin and brown eyes, you were forced out of this country because angry Americans (at that time) blamed you and your race for economic collapse. Sux, doesn't it?  sad.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(jha'dhur @ Apr 16 2006, 03:16 PM) View Post
Does your wife work at a county hospital?
No, it was a private hospital. She was on the trauma floor, level 1 meaning they can handle just about every type of emergency. The trauma floor is where people go after the emergency room.

The hospital was Scottsdale Healthcare. Link: http://www.shc.org/

AZ isn't too wealthy, in my opinion. We moved to Virginia Beach about a week ago and my wife makes roughly $10/hr less. And, the cost of living is higher. Why did we move? We're crazy, that's why.

navysailor_E3

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

Some of these responses are quite intriguing.  I didn't read every single one of them, so I might be saying something someone else has already said, but regardless, this is going to be my own opinion about this.

First of all, I'm baffled that we even let illegal immigrants march in the streets in the first place.  People that are breaking the law, coming here illegally, not paying taxes, taking jobs away, these are people that are demanding that we give them rights.  ... If they get any kind of rights, so should tax evaders!  All tax evaders should unite and march in the streets demanding they not be labeled as criminals!  /sarcasm

My point is, we shouldn't be even considering amnesty to illegals.  For one, it insults the legal immigrants who worked hard and went through the legal troubles to get here and stay here.  Two, it insults the American citizen and negates the value of citizenship as a whole.  The excuse Bush is putting out that illegals are taking jobs Americans don't want is total BS.  I couldn't even get a job at a fast-food restaurant because I didn't know how to speak spanish.  That's in my OWN COUNTRY.  Now, the government is realizing just how big of a mistake they made by not securing our borders, and now it's apparent that we have over 10 million of these illegals that are doing nothing but ripping apart our country from the inside out.  Also, all these illegals labeling Americans as racist are just proving their ignorance even more.  This has nothing to do with race.  "illegal immigrant" doesn't just apply to mexicans.  It applies to any individual who comes across our borders illegally, regardless of if they're from Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Germany, etc.  As for the illegals that are already here, I realize that it isn't a simple measure to get them out; you can't just round them up and ship them off to where ever they came from(although we had that chance during the protests  wink.gif ), but it would at least take time to solve the issue.  Personally, I don't even believe in race.  You're either an American, or you're a non-American; skin color doesn't matter, but Nationality does.  A couple more things.  For the people that say illegals contribute to our economy... do some research sometime.  Illegals are costing California more than 2 billion dollars each year alone.  That's just in one state.  Even if some of them do contribute, their cost far outweighs their input.  The concept of simply being born here gives you citizenship is flawed, and it needs to change somehow.  Illegals have abused this part of our constitution to the greatest extent possible, and that's one of the reasons why we have so many illegals here in the first place.  

My argument could have used a little more organization, but hey, it's been a long day for me.  To wrap it up, I have recently joined the United States Navy(hence my name on here).  One of the things that made me hesitant to join, though, was the fact that one day I just might be fighting for people that aren't even citizens of the country I'm fighting for.  I find that ridiculous.  When people that don't even belong here demand these rights that some American citizens don't even get, and they disgrace our Nation by chanting "viva mexico" and waving mexican flags, that's where I draw the line.

jha'dhur

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(navysailor_E3 @ Apr 16 2006, 10:47 PM) View Post

Some of these responses are quite intriguing.  I didn't read every single one of them, so I might be saying something someone else has already said, but regardless, this is going to be my own opinion about this.

First of all, I'm baffled that we even let illegal immigrants march in the streets in the first place.  People that are breaking the law, coming here illegally, not paying taxes, taking jobs away, these are people that are demanding that we give them rights.  ... If they get any kind of rights, so should tax evaders!  All tax evaders should unite and march in the streets demanding they not be labeled as criminals!  /sarcasm

My point is, we shouldn't be even considering amnesty to illegals.  For one, it insults the legal immigrants who worked hard and went through the legal troubles to get here and stay here.  Two, it insults the American citizen and negates the value of citizenship as a whole.  The excuse Bush is putting out that illegals are taking jobs Americans don't want is total BS.  I couldn't even get a job at a fast-food restaurant because I didn't know how to speak spanish.  That's in my OWN COUNTRY.  Now, the government is realizing just how big of a mistake they made by not securing our borders, and now it's apparent that we have over 10 million of these illegals that are doing nothing but ripping apart our country from the inside out.  Also, all these illegals labeling Americans as racist are just proving their ignorance even more.  This has nothing to do with race.  "illegal immigrant" doesn't just apply to mexicans.  It applies to any individual who comes across our borders illegally, regardless of if they're from Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Germany, etc.  As for the illegals that are already here, I realize that it isn't a simple measure to get them out; you can't just round them up and ship them off to where ever they came from(although we had that chance during the protests  wink.gif ), but it would at least take time to solve the issue.  Personally, I don't even believe in race.  You're either an American, or you're a non-American; skin color doesn't matter, but Nationality does.  A couple more things.  For the people that say illegals contribute to our economy... do some research sometime.  Illegals are costing California more than 2 billion dollars each year alone.  That's just in one state.  Even if some of them do contribute, their cost far outweighs their input.  The concept of simply being born here gives you citizenship is flawed, and it needs to change somehow.  Illegals have abused this part of our constitution to the greatest extent possible, and that's one of the reasons why we have so many illegals here in the first place.  

My argument could have used a little more organization, but hey, it's been a long day for me.  To wrap it up, I have recently joined the United States Navy(hence my name on here).  One of the things that made me hesitant to join, though, was the fact that one day I just might be fighting for people that aren't even citizens of the country I'm fighting for.  I find that ridiculous.  When people that don't even belong here demand these rights that some American citizens don't even get, and they disgrace our Nation by chanting "viva mexico" and waving mexican flags, that's where I draw the line.

Sir, having served my time aboard a naval vessel at war, as MM2(SS). I have had both the distinguishment and honor to serve with many hispanic sailors of varying nationalites, who were not American citizens.

Considering both the douchebag density in the average american city, and the fact that a few hundred years ago we were all illegal immigrants I dont share your OPINION.

hesitant to join, though, was the fact that one day I just might be fighting for people that aren't even citizens of the country I'm fighting for.  I find that ridiculous.  When people that don't even belong here demand these rights that some American citizens don't even get, and they disgrace our Nation by chanting "viva mexico" and waving mexican flags, that's where I draw the line.

Does the current administration disgrace thid country?

Not one amongst them sacrificed for this country. Rumsfield and Chaney have multiple BOGUS defferments allowing them to avoid the killing fields when it was there turn to bleed. And Bush is nothing more than a deserter plain and simple.

5 BOAT.........

SSN 705 CITY of CORPUS CHRISTI

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

People that are breaking the law, coming here illegally, not paying taxes, taking jobs away, these are people that are demanding that we give them rights. ... If they get any kind of rights, so should tax evaders! All tax evaders should unite and march in the streets demanding they not be labeled as criminals! /sarcasm

The majority of the people marching on the streets are supporters of immigrants and they ARE legal citizens of the U.S.

illegal immigrants pay taxes every single time they buy something at the store so you're just regurgitating the same BS that you heard somewhere else. Here's a nice little tidbit for ya. LEGAL US CITIZENS RIP OFF THE GOVERNMENT EVERY SINGLE YEAR BY FILING FRAUDULENT TAX RETURN FORMS. Tax cheats make our government lose money. Taking what jobs? Do you see any white people working in the fields?  

The U.S. relies heavily on these illegal immigrants to help provide food on our tables, but you still wanna say get the hell out.  blink.gif  In the past, the U.S. has gone so far as to beg them to come across the border to work in the fields (research the Bracero Program).

You obviously didn't read all the posts because most of the stuff you mentioned has already been covered, but considering this thread has gone numerous posts... I don't blame you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16