xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: (un)lock A Hdd  (Read 71 times)

Jagged_Tooth123

• Archived User
(un)lock A Hdd
« on: November 05, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

A while ago my friend asked me if I could upgrade his HDD for his Xbox which my brother had soft modded. That was to an 80GB drive, he has since realised that he needs more space so he went and bought a 320GB drive and asked me to switch them. The first time I did it, it worked fine. Copied C and E got the eeprom and relocked it. For his new drive I think I must of missed something. Here is a list of what I have done this time.

1. Got eeprom from config magic.
2. Got C and E drive of Xbox
3. Burnt Xboxhdm with C, E and eeprom
4. Formatted to fatx, created F drive
5. Copied C and D to new drive.
6. Got xboxhdm  to generate HDD password
7. Made (un)lock floppy disk.
8. Relocked the drive.
9. Got Code 6 error.

Can somebody tell me what I missed out this time around?

Jagged_Tooth123

• Archived User
(un)lock A Hdd
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:50:00 AM »

Anyone?

ade_dnb

• Archived User
(un)lock A Hdd
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 05:25:00 AM »

Seems like the right process to me.....  Is the new drive lockable?

When you run atapwd.exe and it brings up your drives.... you should see SELFXV written at the top. The replacement drive should only have S checked, with the rest -'s. The xbox drive should have E and L checked, as well.

After locking the L now has a - for the xbox HD!!

Read THIS for lots more info!!!!

[edit]  Just found THIS topic.....

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

If you understand the above, you should be able to understand what this means. It means you are trying to boot up the xbox with an harddisk that is locked in combination with ANOTHER motherboard than you are using it with right now.

What can i do about it, you ask? Well place the harddisk back in the xbox where it came from. After that, UNLOCK the harddisk with the same procedure i explained above (see error 5). Now when the harddisk is UNLOCKED, put it in the xbox which gave you the error. Now when you boot up with the chip ON it should not give you an error anymore.

However when you put the xbox on with the chip OFF your xbox will give you an error. (error 5) So to make sure you can boot original and boot with the chip ON. Next do the same as above: "Boot up your xbox with the chip on. Preferrably with a slayer evo-x cd. Now you choose "Eeprom management." Than you choose: "Lock hdd." It takes one second. After its ready it should say something like "Done"
When it is ready just turn off your xbox. Disable your chip and try to boot original. Now there should be no more error.

This post has been edited by ade_dnb: Nov 6 2006, 01:31 PM