xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Magnitude Of Catholic Priest Sex Scandal  (Read 185 times)

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Magnitude Of Catholic Priest Sex Scandal
« on: November 28, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »

Feminist Daily News Wire
January 14, 2003

Survey Exposes Magnitude of Catholic Priest Sex Scandal
A New York Times survey examining the US Catholic priest sex abuse scandal in the last 60 years further quantified the appalling magnitude of the problem—over 4,200 claims have been made against more than 1,200 priests, the newspaper reported. The most extensive collection of data available on the subject, the Times survey details disturbing trends among the accused priests. Greater than half were blamed for molesting multiple victims, most of whom were boys, and abuse—though most frequent during the 1970s and 1980s—was widespread, with 161 of 177 dioceses in the US suffering accusations.

Just to put things into the proper perspective. Many have tried to speculate on the totality of these horrific crimes against childhood.

60 years of allegations, 4200 calims, 1200 priest, and 161 of 177 dioceses involved.

[sarcasm]
But I guess I have some axe to grind
[/sarcasm]

Source

pepsik

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

Don't know m8, anything we say or do is not going to bring down the catholic church, the romans couldn't do it and 2,000 years of civilzation haven't put a dent in it's numbers.  Many scandals have passed in the history of the church but it still stands.

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

Once again xmedia...you display how stupid you truly are in regards to math.

161 of 177 diocese reporting....so?  This statistic alone means absolutely nothing....let me explain

50 out of 50 states reported rape of the elderly...everyone must be raping the elderly?  see the point??????

4,200 claims against 1,200 priests....We know that many of the priests who have been found guilty of sex crimes have committed numerous acts....yet that averages out to less than 4 acts per accused...therefore many of these claims must be singular.
These are also claims..or accusations.  This is not the number of convictions or settlements out of court....this is the number of suspected accusations.  This is not an indication of the actual abuse

1,200 priest accused over 60 years.

There are roughly 47,000 priests serving in the United States...currently...if you consider that the number of priests is double(considering 60 years) you have 94,000.  I wont use this number for any further math because it is speculative...but you are still referring to a rather small minority of catholic priests being accused of sex crimes.

Do me a favor Xmedia..before you make an ass out of yourself

figure out how many priests have served in the US in the last 60 years....
take the (number of accused)/(number of priests in 60 years) and then multiply *100
this will be the percent of priests accused of sex crimes(not pedophilia)
Now list the national average percentage of sex crimes and the estimated percentage of people who are abusers......and then lets compare numbers

Your just like Fox News media.....all hype, no substance

This post has been edited by puckSR: Nov 29 2005, 01:22 AM

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 05:22:00 PM »

puskSR you are turning into a stalker. Quit attacking xmedia. If you disagree then state it. There isnt one thread here where you don't make fun of xmedia. It isnt needed and doesnt add to the thread. I stopped frequenting this part of xbox-scene for this very reason. You are intelligent, I can see that from earlier threads. But, lately it's all about you vs. xmedia.

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »

throwingks

I specifically make the attempt to counter bad arguments...my ad hominem attacks lately have been childish...and i apologize.

However, in this recent post I attacked his statistics and not xmedia.  He is purposefully distorting the facts...and I have made every attempt to display that.

I do believe that the Catholic Church mishandled the abuse scandal....but Xmedia is simply posting purposeful lies....he has claimed many times to have a background in mathematics...yet he frequently avoids posting the accessory statistics that would be necessary for a valid assessment.

IF my recent attitude offended you, please come back to the conversation, I am more than happy to converse with an intelligent and rational individual.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Nov 29 2005, 01:29 AM) View Post

puskSR you are turning into a stalker. Quit attacking xmedia. If you disagree then state it. There isnt one thread here where you don't make fun of xmedia. It isnt needed and doesnt add to the thread. I stopped frequenting this part of xbox-scene for this very reason. You are intelligent, I can see that from earlier threads. But, lately it's all about you vs. xmedia.

You give him to much credit. But you reiterate my point, as well as the point I was trying to make to his boyfriend, " the mod ".

In three months there have been like 10 threads on probably 4 topics, with race and religion dominating
the forum, discussions and energies. Americans are fixed on race and religion. The only thing that matters to the mundane.

But, lately it's all about you vs. xmedia.

I wish he would stop stalking me to be honest, he is the only reason I still visit this site, the fact that he spends his energy and time mad at me is entertaining. But he probably will not get the point, he never does.

If you did a search of his last 30 posts probably 24 of them contain my username. I wish he had tits.  tongue.gif
Although, he probably has man boobs, but he is just mad he isnt smart enough to counter my assaults.

How can you defend molestors???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 muhaha.gif

xmedia2004

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 29 2005, 01:21 AM) View Post

Once again xmedia...you display how stupid you truly are in regards to math.

161 of 177 diocese reporting....so?  This statistic alone means absolutely nothing....let me explain

50 out of 50 states reported rape of the elderly...everyone must be raping the elderly?  see the point??????

4,200 claims against 1,200 priests....We know that many of the priests who have been found guilty of sex crimes have committed numerous acts....yet that averages out to less than 4 acts per accused...therefore many of these claims must be singular.
These are also claims..or accusations.  This is not the number of convictions or settlements out of court....this is the number of suspected accusations.  This is not an indication of the actual abuse

There are roughly 47,000 priests serving in the United States...currently...if you consider that the number of priests is double(considering 60 years) you have 94,000.  I wont use this number for any further math because it is speculative...but you are still referring to a rather small minority of catholic priests being accused of sex crimes.

figure out how many priests have served in the US in the last 60 years....
take the (number of accused)/(number of priests in 60 years) and then multiply *100
this will be the percent of priests accused of sex crimes(not pedophilia)
Now list the national average percentage of sex crimes and the estimated percentage of people who are abusers......and then lets compare numbers

Greater than half were blamed for molesting multiple victims, most of whom were boys, and abuse—though most frequent during the 1970s and 1980s—was widespread, with 161 of 177 dioceses in the US suffering accusations.

Like, I just made this up.....This is US only, also.........

Once again you miss the point.. But I guess 20 rump rangers a year isnt a whole lot, HUH......

There are roughly 47,000 priests serving in the United States...currently...if you consider that the number of priests is double(considering 60 years) you have 94,000. I wont use this number for any further math because it is speculative...but you are still referring to a rather small minority of catholic priests being accused of sex crimes.

F*ck a source, huh, Your boyfriend is going to get mad with all these figures you pull out of your ARSE....

Whats the matter, TRUTH HURTS.... ohmy.gif,  Learn to pick your battles.....

Although most recent data demonstrate a decline in the number of sex abuse cases, many experts stress that the numbers only represent what’s been reported.

The true interpration of the "reported" data shown above......

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 10:43:00 PM »

Im very sorry Xmedia

let me explain

47,000 current US priests
Source
161 of 177 dioceses in the US suffering accusations.

how many priests are in the average dioceses?  Considering that there are 47,000 priests in the US and 177 dioceses....=266 priests per dioceses.

The fact that 161 out of 177 dioceses have reported abuse over the last 60 years should not be suprising.  

I am not "protecting" child abusers...I am protecting innocent priests from your accusations of disturbing sexual acts.

The Majority of pedophiles are male....Xmedia is a male...Xmedia must be a pedophile
if that statement doesnt make sense...neither does your statement about 161 out of 177 dioceses.

Once again you miss the point.. But I guess 20 rump rangers a year isnt a whole lot, HUH......

Considering that 100,000s of cases are occuring every year...yeah...its not a big deal....I didnt look up the actual number...but you can obviously do that yourself...point is...the catholic priest problem is a drop in the bucket when compared with the number of fathers rape their daughters(sick fucking shit)

Read this--it will help with your fear of Catholic priests

xmedia2004

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 04:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 29 2005, 06:43 AM) View Post

Im very sorry Xmedia

let me explain

47,000 current US priests
Source

how many priests are in the average dioceses?  Considering that there are 47,000 priests in the US and 177 dioceses....=266 priests per dioceses.

The fact that 161 out of 177 dioceses have reported abuse over the last 60 years should not be suprising.  

I am not "protecting" child abusers...I am protecting innocent priests from your accusations of disturbing sexual acts.

The Majority of pedophiles are male....Xmedia is a male...Xmedia must be a pedophile
if that statement doesnt make sense...neither does your statement about 161 out of 177 dioceses.
Considering that 100,000s of cases are occuring every year...yeah...its not a big deal....I didnt look up the actual number...but you can obviously do that yourself...point is...the catholic priest problem is a drop in the bucket when compared with the number of fathers rape their daughters(sick fucking shit)

Read this--it will help with your fear of Catholic priests

Pedhofile Exposed

IPB Image

Male 21 Dominant Lubbock, TX  

Hi, Im George Im a college student at Texas Tech. Im majoring in something dreadfully boring. You can ask me what, but trust me, its boring. I think that this website may be the greatest thing ever. Lubbock is in the bible belt. Let me just put it to you this way, the last girl i dated thought that a bl*wjob was the ultimate in kinkyness. smile.gif Anyways, i dont really know what else to put here, except to apologize for the crappy quality of the picture.

I think that this website may be the greatest thing ever

This site Pr is reffering to is a man boy lovers guild.  

Someone has a lot of closet cleaning to do..

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »

the site i am referring to is a personals site for kinky people

how did you get man-boy love out of it?

seriously...this was an entirely baseless attack on me, that is patently false.
who is the stalker now?

BTW Xmedia.....did you get permission to take my picture off of another site?

you do realize you just violated the copyright of collarme.com by taking media off of their site and posting it somewhere else.

I believe that copyright infringement is a violation of Xbox-scene rules.

Lordvader?

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »

i think i can see the logical progression here though, as far as xmedia is concerned

kinky = sexual misconduct

sexual misconduct = pedophilia

pedophilia = men and boys

as for the copyright issue, im at work now so it probably isnt a good idea for me to visit a BDSM site, but when i get home i can read their terms of service, and if its a violation i can remove the image from xmedia's post laugh.gif  beerchug.gif

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »

Xmedia should go read up on Christian BDSM

Wild accusations and unfounded statements are what makes Xmedia's world go around

Have fun with it Xmedia....you obviously have issues

xmedia2004

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 29 2005, 06:54 PM) View Post

seriously...this was an entirely baseless attack on me, that is patently false.
who is the stalker now?

BTW Xmedia.....did you get permission to take my picture off of another site?

you do realize you just violated the copyright of collarme.com by taking media off of their site and posting it somewhere else.

I believe that copyright infringement is a violation of Xbox-scene rules.

Lordvader?

Spoken like a catholic I think I found my new AVATAR, maybe I will give you a pearl necklace.

P.S. You sure do look INDIAN.

laugh.gif
 laugh.gif
 laugh.gif

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

Awww...maybe you should stay off of sites like collarme.com Xmedia....you seem to be a little immature for sexual content

Hmmm...well maybe i can help

When a man and a woman want to copulate the man first gets an erection.  The woman's vaginal canal begins to lubricate in anticipation of sexual penetration.  The two people are now ready to have sexual relations.  Sometimes people prefer different forms of sexual relations...some people prefer sexual relations with the same sex, some people prefer sexual relations in which roleplay is involved.  

If you have any questions about sex Xmedia, dont hesitate to ask....

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 29 2005, 02:36 PM) View Post

Xmedia should go read up on Christian BDSM

Wild accusations and unfounded statements are what makes Xmedia's world go around

Have fun with it Xmedia....you obviously have issues

What the hell is Christian BDSM?  Mr. Dew Rag you need to stop while you have some tiny shred of dignity left.  You are into deviant behaviour.  You defend those who practice deviant behaviour.

Your own arrogance has exposed you for what you are as well as destroyed your anonymity.  I value my anonymity.  You should take better care to guard yours.  You have been preaching to everyone like some televangelist on acid and then we find out that you are not only a complete hypocrite but one who enjoys misguiding others.  Based on what I saw I believe that you have some twisted form of a sex addiction.  Like any addiction it will take over your life.  I am amazed that you haven't left this forum never to be heard from again.  The fact that you haven't is proof of your arrogance.

Reap what you have sewn.
Pages: [1] 2