xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Fall Of George Bush  (Read 545 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 08:00:00 AM »

I was talking about that you shouldnt vote anybody just because he is more religious than the other person.  And then you hijacked the thread saying that Statecowboy is correct.  Now you are saying that I am talking out of context.  Give me a break.

Again, you took a word from what I said and take it out of context.  I am talking about government bureaucrats who is hired in his/her positions without much experience.  Michael brown was confirmed by the senate but only as a deputy director.  High level nominations like the director and the supreme court judge will be looked through a microscope.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 08:04:00 AM »

sad.gif  

user posted image

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

rotfl.gif

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »

Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff resigned Friday after he was indicted by a grand jury, accused of obstructing its investigation and lying about an effort to blow the CIA cover of an Iraq war critic's wife.

Maybe Scooter Liby will convert to ISLAM in prison.

sn4k13s

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Oct 20 2005, 12:02 PM)
Our forefathers always stressed about the separation of Church and State.  Yet there are many people who voted for Bush just because that he is a Christian and not much else.  Now that's stupidity.  What happened to voting for the the person who has the best ideas, and the best qualifications for the job?

pug_ster

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

There's a difference between having Religious freedom and keeping religion out of government.  Just because Christians believe that abortion and gay marriage is wrong, they shouldn't be pushing laws where non-christians have to obey these anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage laws.

pug_ster

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »

That does bring up a point.  The constitution directly does say that gay marriage and abortion is legal or not.  So these conservative judges interpret from the constitition or their version of rule of law, of how they perceive of why gay marriage and abortion is illegal.  Just like how many Christians over the past centuries interpret the bible that slavery is just.

Talking about Bush, even as bad of what happened last week to Bush, 39% of the Americans still approve what Bush is doing.  Must be that same 39% who goes to Church every Sunday and hear surmons of why Bush is God.

puckSR

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2005, 01:35:00 AM »

are you comparing the interpretation of law by judges to the interpretation of religious text by priests?

Law is fluid, so a different interpretation of the law in one era is not a flaw of the legal system.  Religion is absolute, so any differing interpretation is a flaw.

At the same time that churches were condoning slavery, so was the American legal system.  Luckily the interpretation changed.  The legal system can point to reasons, the churches, well they are S.O.L.

pug_ster

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.c...in1005982.shtml

Okay getting back to the topic...

An interesting story about Job approval numbers for Presidents at their trouble times...

Lowest approval ratings...

Bush, Now, 35%
Clinton, Lewinsky Scandal 1/98, 58%
Reagan, Iran Contra Scandal 11/86, 46%
Nixon, Watergate, 8/74, 24%

Well, Bush haven't gotten as low as Nixon before he quit.  But now that the Democrats wants to further this investigation of the war in the Iraq might further thrust the dagger into Bush's heart.  Oh well, let's see what happens from here...

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »

Powell quit when his BS did not sell Bush's arrogant cowboy machismo will not let him stand but I do se impeachment looming..

BYE, BYE,BYE

lordvader129

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(xmedia2004 @ Nov 5 2005, 10:07 AM)
but I do se impeachment looming..

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 5 2005, 11:02 PM)
Xmedia what little world do you live in?

lordvader129

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(xmedia2004 @ Nov 5 2005, 05:23 PM)
No, actually the democrats are growing enough sack to put him to task about the

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »

face it, theres nothing illegal about the war, its got congressional appoval, it congress yanks the approval bush wont be impeached, we'll just pack up and leave iraq, thats all

Yeah I guess you are right there isnt anything illegal in just invading a soveirgn nation just because you can.  To promote democracy.

Cough
International  
Cough
Law
Cough cough

But yet we persuade Tawain not to further democracy and succede from China
because the Chinese, I guess could make up a case for war, and invade Taiwan and being we have pact to protect Taiwan this would draw us into a third theatre of conflict.

The chicken hawks should be careful what they ask for.

lordvader129

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »

peopel fail to realize the world isnt much more civilized than it was a thousand years ago, the whole world works on a system of might makes right, we just pretend we are above that

as for international law, maybe he did, but again, what country is gonna hold it to us? besides, the world court cant impeach a president

xmedia2004

• Archived User
The Fall Of George Bush
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Nov 6 2005, 07:38 PM)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6