Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Racism  (Read 511 times)

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 9 2005, 03:55 PM)
Deftonemx drop the animosity
Try to act on your own preachings. I will count your own animosities in your own post, lets begin.
here, ill make you happy since your still pissed from the Christian argument
Strike one, assumptions lead to ignorance
I know deftone, you dont care and your going to change the argument
laugh.gif I havent changed anything yet you seem to be trying to make your own definitions for words. rotfl.gif
I know creationism rules, evolution is scientific voodoo
Strike two. What does this have to do with Racism?
I know your very "open" minded
LOL

Strike Three
I love how you are attacking me on a personal level.  laugh.gif  You must be real mature. laugh.gif I'm sorry but you are making your own definitions to words. This is something you can't do, period.
However, using a racial slur does not make you a racist.
This is my main gun, and im sticking to it
I know this is going to sound like a shit argument, but hear it out
Why can black people refer to other black people as niggers?
A term does not become abusive or racist unless someone of that race deems it so. Since a black peron does not consider it abusive when another black uses the word nigger, it is therefore not a racist word. When a white person uses the word, they feel it is abusive in nature, and once again since it is dealing with race, it is what...................racism by definition.
Really? Then does that mean that all people of an ethnic group who use their racial slur amonst themselves are racists?
If I call one of my white friends a nigger, cracker, etc that is not racist, you are correct. The second I turn around and say it to a black person it is racist why.....................because they feel it is abusive in nature, which makes it racist by definition.

When I call my white friends crackers, I do not consider it racist, when a black person calls me one, I find it abusive in nature and I am of the other race.....................racism by definition. If I know the black person and they are someone am friends with, I will not find it abusive.

Since I find it racism, it doesnt mean I am going to "scream" racism, but it is racism by definition.

Now, I understand your point here, but you failed to express yourself correctly. You did so in a manner that made you appear as if you didnt know the definitions. beerchug.gif

hugoboss1

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 9 2005, 04:46 PM)
i think its only segregation if they dont let certain people in

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

Political correctness will be the downfall of society.

I acctually agree with you on this puckSR, a group doesnt decide what they get to be called. Its all about the usage, if you use the word nigger, is it wrong, or offensive? No, not at all, its when you use it with the intention of being hateful in doing so that it becomes offensive.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 9 2005, 05:03 PM)
So if i call a faggot a "faggot", using the true meaning of the word is that offensive?

Yes society makes one think this, but it is not true. I have many gay friends, both fags and lesbians. After I was around them, I learned things that I thought different of before. Only a gay man who is in denial considers the word faggot as offensive. I will try to expalain this to you the best I can, as it makes no sense. If someone was to call you a woman fucker, as a man who does indeed fuck women, it is not offensive since it is the truth. If you call a gay man who is secure with his sexual preference a faggot, it would not be offensive since they are one and are secure about it. If I call you a carpet-muncher, you would not be offended as you probably do, hell I love pussy laugh.gif If I call a lesbian one, they do not find it offensive because they do munch on carpet or a smooth tile floor.  rotfl.gif

I want to ask you a question though. What makes you think I am still pissed about the other thread? It was in the past and I had forgotten as it wasnt that important to me. I only started my first post in this thread with a pissy line because I am indeed a pissy person. beerchug.gif

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

I go back to what I said, its only offensive if the context of the word was meant to be offensive. If you simply use it to identify someone is it really that offensive?

puckSR: Using the word 'gay' as a synonym for anything bad isnt offensive. Its just stupid.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 9 2005, 05:24 PM)
Hey though, respond to me about "niggardly".  That is a far better example

If someone is acting ignorant, then they are acting like a nigger. Since blacks are so easily stereotyped (for being ignorant), then if you find one of those, feel free to call them a nigger. They are being one right, isnt that just as offensive as calling someone ignorant? Yes, but since it is what white men called slaves (since they had no proper teachings they were therefore ignorant) a long time ago, it has a racial meaning to it. Guess what that means they will think of it, that its racist. It is stupid, but its life and we must deal.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 9 2005, 05:35 PM)
deftone, if you dont know the definition of a word, at least google it before you respond

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

This is issue is just one of the popular distractions of american culture.

In nearly 2006, same old bull sh*t.

But what does give me pleasure is that those that usually spread this type  
 garbage suffer most from there own intelligence.

Like suicide bombers, my poor existence will be better if "insert racial slur here"
 was dead, they stink, are ignorant, and are taking all the scholarships allthough
 they are dumb.  

My pathetic life became pathetic because of "insert racial slur here". The world
 world would be a better place without them.

Moleman

• Recovered User
Racism
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

I agree with puckSR.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »

I have to say that African Americans have to stop trying to play the 'I am the victim' game.  Like what Bill Crosby says that black people put themselves down.  You see many immigrants doing well compared to these poor blacks and they don't even speak english.  These black people should stop eating sh1t coming out from the fat deep fryers and start working, learning and try to contribute to society.  

When you see 3 black people beat up and rob a white person, people say that it is a robbery.  When you see 3 white people beat up and rob a black guy, it is called a racial attack and you see all the black activists coming out condemning this racial attack.  

That is why you see poor black people robbing everybody else and poor white people robbing another white person because the white person are afraid to get arrested for racial attacks.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »

sad.gif

P.S. I SMOKE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pug_ster

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

Yes there is racial predjudice against blacks.  Whenever I see the news, those a**h0les who committed crimes of rapes, robberies, and murders are mostly blacks.  I am sorry, their mother gets pregnant so that they can get welfare, can't even raise their children so they go to a life of crime.  This cycle goes over and over.  Immigrants go thru the same hardship of raising a child yet their child did okay and ended up contributing to the society while most people rotting in jails are blacks.  

I am not a racist because I have many co-workers (including my boss) who are Africian Americans and I have great respect toward them.  And I don't consider them 'niggers.'  But whenever I see some black teen gets pregnant and his father goes to jail, they deserved to be called a 'nigger' because they screwed themselves already and they can't blame on a white person.  And these 'niggers' later complain to the government for a handout saying that 'I am a victim' and the only person who can dig themselves out the hole is themselves.  If immigrants can do that, and they don't even speak English, I am sure that these black people can do that.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »

I am not a racist my dog is black!!!!!!

P.S. I SMOKE ROCKS.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »

Quote from: pug_ster,Sep 17 2005, 07:18 PM
Yes there is racial predjudice against blacks.  Whenever I see the news, those a**h0les who committed crimes of rapes, robberies, and murders are mostly blacks.  I am sorry, their mother gets pregnant so that they can get welfare, can't even raise their children so they go to a life of crime.  This cycle goes over and over.  Immigrants go thru the same hardship of raising a child yet their child did okay and ended up contributing to the society while most people rotting in jails are blacks. 

.i.n.s.u.l.t.s

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »

I dont understand why something as simple as thinking for yourself is so hard. I honestly think that people that give into stereotypes are just too lazy to look at things and find truth about them for themselves . Why is it so hard to understand
that SKIN COLOR DOES NOT DETERMINE THE WAY A PERSON ACTS, THE MENTALITY DOES geesh .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9