xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Ashamed To Be Canadian  (Read 541 times)

Tony42077

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(mamajo @ Mar 2 2005, 12:05 AM)
Turn a blind eye to what? Are the Soviets coming? Italians? Germans? Chineese? Brazilians?  WHO?!

lebriznon

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »

winnipeg comedy festival was on tv a while back.   one guy was talking about canada....something like "we are the worlds second largest country. we are the 9th largest oil producer...blablabla we are protected by the worlds greatest military.  the US army."

'nuff said.

not that anybody really wants to fire a missle at canada anyhow. doesnt really benefit anyone. our population is too sparse to really kill a lot of ppl, so terrorists have no reason. we're not very powerful, so we're not a threat.  most of our land is unfit to live in.  Whats the purpose???

unless the one firing the missile is a complete moron, they wouldnt bother with canada.  kind of nice that way.

spyman

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

for 1 im glad we did not partake in this. if anyones gonna send a missle they are going to be sending it to the USA anyways.

And america will have to shoot down a missle if it was headed toward Canada because if it happend to miss us, it would hit the USA.

2nd this is the start to ww3, as it will definately provoke wars.  I think it will start just before Bush has to resign, if it does start.

I hope not though, wars are just plain stupid.

socrates

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

He was only saying that he wanted Canada to stand up for itself by itself. There is nothing wrong for trying to take pride in one's country defense. The argument of "to be different than the U.S." just doesn't make any sense. There is a reason why Canada doesn't play a major role in world politics.

Hockey is such a man's sport, that women have played in your minor leagues.  Football is a more exciting sport than hockey is, that's why its ratings are so much higher. This strike isn't going to help anything either, believe it or not, but the NHL relies in the U.S. markets to stay afloat. In the U.S. professional bowling gets better ratings than the NHL. 

If black athletes had the desire and the opportunity to play hockey, they would dominate that too.

blink.gif .....man.....im lost for words........wait....no im not.....you really dont know canada well enough to make a bold staement like the one you have made about canada needing the states to keep hockey going, and about the womens hockey leauge? have you not seen them play? oh i know why you dont like them its cause when they played in 2002 and kicked the americans ass's even though the ref was giving peneltys to the canadians 1 after the other in one period i think it was 11? and it was complete bullshit too, plus the americans had a canadian flag in there dresing room and put it on the floor and spat on it and walked on it/.....is that what your country promots? cant beat them so instead insult them? wow what a shock....ok onto the black thing....you do know there are a very good amount of african americans playing in the nhl and holding there own quite well but your statement that they would take over the sport makes no sences? in the nba i would have to say theres alot of good african american players in there but there is also alot of other skins playing with them and with out the whiteys and yellows helping out too then the game wouldnt be as good....all in all skin color really has nothing to do with wether you can skate faster, jump higher or knock someone down.....onto foozball......sorry but fooz ball is for fat lazy hick americans who are unsure of there masculinity,thats why the players wear all that spandex,hockey is a canadian sport and i along with millions of other canadians copuld give a rats ass if the american teams were to drop off the face of the earth....i am a red wings fan through and through but if it came down to it i would drop them like a hot potato if canada were to start more teams and lose the states........on that note we burned your white house down in the war of 1812.....oh im sorry, did they not tell you that in your history books in your american class rooms? oh i bet ya they also left out that cnaada was invovled in ww2 before the states and they only reasons the stets even went in was cause they were attacked, not cause they felt bad for europe and no america didnt save the day there either, by the time they showed up it was pretty well cleaned up and packed away by the brits and sweds and canucks and all the other brave countrys who went to war even though they didnt really need to........and on that note once again....booya.....

socrates

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »

blink.gif  i need a spelling lesson

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(socrates @ Mar 2 2005, 02:40 PM)
oh i bet ya they also left out that cnaada was invovled in ww2 before the states and they only reasons the stets even went in was cause they were attacked, not cause they felt bad for europe and no america didnt save the day there either, by the time they showed up it was pretty well cleaned up and packed away by the brits and sweds and canucks and all the other brave countrys who went to war even though they didnt really need to........and on that note once again....booya.....

socrates

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »

The States simply took the attitude that war was a never ending saga in Europe, and Europeans need to settle their own problems.

Then why is america in iraq?

To say the English were about ready to kick Hitlers ass back to Berlin before the States entered is absurd. The Nazis nearly leveled England, destroyed most their industry, and hijacked thier resources. If it wasn’t for the overwhelming industrial output of the States, England would have been fighting the Nazis with Cricket sticks.

I didnt just say england i also added canada and a few other countrys, and i never said the states didnt do anything worth while i was simply saying how tired i am of hearing that canada was never in anywars and how we do little and how the states did so much when they joined ww2 so late in the game and then claimed to be the great hereos of the day when thats complete bullshit.....

I hate getting into whose Country did this or that, but lets keep some facts straight.

Agreed i think some of your facts might be a little off too wink.gif

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(socrates @ Mar 2 2005, 04:06 PM)

socrates

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(socrates @ Mar 2 2005, 04:06 PM)

A little quote from The Godfather can expalin the U.S.'s neverending involvement around the world...

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."
- Michael Corleone
The Godfather III

i was simply saying how tired i am of hearing that canada was never in anywars and how we do little

Whos says this? I'm certainly aware Canada helped storm the beaches of Normandy, among many other contributions.

I think your keen  smile.gif

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

mad.gif

rolleyes.gif  love.gif wub.gif wink.gif

socrates

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

ph34r.gif ....my dad was born in washington DC........i feel sick  sad.gif

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2005, 11:24:00 PM »

ohmy.gif

rolleyes.gif  love.gif wub.gif wink.gif

bluedeath

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Mar 2 2005, 02:48 PM)
Whos says this? I'm certainly aware Canada helped storm the beaches of Normandy, among many other contributions.

moistness

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2005, 02:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(socrates @ Mar 2 2005, 07:40 PM)
blink.gif .....man.....im lost for words........wait....no im not.....you really dont know canada well enough to make a bold staement like the one you have made about canada needing the states to keep hockey going, and about the womens hockey leauge? have you not seen them play? oh i know why you dont like them its cause when they played in 2002 and kicked the americans ass's even though the ref was giving peneltys to the canadians 1 after the other in one period i think it was 11? and it was complete bullshit too, plus the americans had a canadian flag in there dresing room and put it on the floor and spat on it and walked on it/.....is that what your country promots? cant beat them so instead insult them? wow what a shock....ok onto the black thing....you do know there are a very good amount of african americans playing in the nhl and holding there own quite well but your statement that they would take over the sport makes no sences? in the nba i would have to say theres alot of good african american players in there but there is also alot of other skins playing with them and with out the whiteys and yellows helping out too then the game wouldnt be as good....all in all skin color really has nothing to do with wether you can skate faster, jump higher or knock someone down.....onto foozball......sorry but fooz ball is for fat lazy hick americans who are unsure of there masculinity,thats why the players wear all that spandex,hockey is a canadian sport and i along with millions of other canadians copuld give a rats ass if the american teams were to drop off the face of the earth....i am a red wings fan through and through but if it came down to it i would drop them like a hot potato if canada were to start more teams and lose the states........on that note we burned your white house down in the war of 1812.....oh im sorry, did they not tell you that in your history books in your american class rooms? oh i bet ya they also left out that cnaada was invovled in ww2 before the states and they only reasons the stets even went in was cause they were attacked, not cause they felt bad for europe and no america didnt save the day there either, by the time they showed up it was pretty well cleaned up and packed away by the brits and sweds and canucks and all the other brave countrys who went to war even though they didnt really need to........and on that note once again....booya.....

socrates

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »

They were there for moral support.

Shut the fuck up  laugh.gif

Didnt I say not to upset the soc? Yes I did!!

Yes you did warn him but i wasnt able to release my full wrath as my tinfoil thinking cap is in the wash so my thinking isnt working very......good......yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......mmmm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7