xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Ashamed To Be Canadian  (Read 542 times)

socrates

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »

laugh.gif

punisherex

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 12:39:00 AM »

dry.gif
POOR POOR CHILD Canada is the best country...Nice people, free healthcare and safe (you can leave your door open/unlocked biggrin.gif)
Canadians are peace keepers and no one want to harm us...
Besides Im NOT ashamed to be Canadian....if you are truely then well thats really SAD  sad.gif

WELL THATS MY 2 cents

wolf202

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 10:08:00 AM »

We have our problems, big deal so does everyone else, the fact of the matter is whoever really needs help GETS IT and that is what canadian is about

-wolf

Tony42077

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »

First of all, the U.S. missle system doesn't even work that well, if ever. It's the problem of it being easier to change the missles to thwart the defense technology. Once someone comes up with a defense system, they can change the missile tech to bypass it. So in reality the only sure fire defense is to make sure that they die too, which is really scary.

I can see why the canadian government doesn't want to spend money on it. It really doesn't work and the U.S. would have their backs anyway. Canada and Mexico have the unique advantage of being land connected allies with the U.S. If anyone nuked you guys, we would have to hit them back, because it would be too close to us. For as great of an ally as the UK is, I doubt that the U.S. would automatically start lobbing nukes at the aggressor until they were aimed at us, or we know that we could take out all of there nukes with ours first, which is almost impossible.

Whether their residents would like it or not, the U.S. has the back of every one of our allies (more so if we can make money off of you). - Arogant American

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

Be glad you country decided not to waste its money. Billions spent here in the US, we have a shitty system to show for it. Its blocked 2/3 test missiles we've fired. 66.6%? Not good enough, and WE fired them. What happens when the enemy fires one with something special on it? We we wont hit shit..

great way to spend money, blame Reagan for starting and everyone else for continuing to throw money at it.

ehb

mamajo

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

Doesnt that piss any of you Canadians off? FUCK!

socrates

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(mamajo @ Feb 28 2005, 05:26 PM)
No. It is the first good decision Paul Martin has made as Prime Minister.

* illusion *

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

jester.gif

wolf202

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »

i'm not a liberal but i think the Om has made some other good decisions, he will make sure that the gay rights are passed which i belive to be the right path and for that i support him.

-Wolf

Tony42077

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2005, 12:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(socrates @ Mar 1 2005, 02:26 AM)
Agreed, i would think if he were to accept and join up that it would be a turning point in yet another way of trying to turn candada into another usa, and i for one will never be in a country that supports football and baseball as there sport of choice when we all know hockey is a real mans sport....fuck fooz ball and steroid ball....

moistness

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2005, 01:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tony42077 @ Mar 1 2005, 06:07 AM)
He was only saying that he wanted Canada to stand up for itself by itself. There is nothing wrong for trying to take pride in one's country defense. The argument of "to be different than the U.S." just doesn't make any sense. There is a reason why Canada doesn't play a major role in world politics.

Arvarden

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2005, 09:31:00 AM »

Well if the Canadians are after an invasion force then yea they need more cannon fodder but from the same page I found this link:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...und/cdnmilitary

"In his comments on Monday, Clarke went so far as to suggest Canada ought to consider scrapping its army, navy or air force – or even its armed forces altogether."

I think he's a little bitter that Canadians can think for themselves.

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »

"INDEPTH: CANADA'S MILITARY
Introduction: By the numbers
Justin Thompson, CBC News Online | Updated October 30, 2003

A Senate committee recommended on November 12, 2002 that Canada should call all its soldiers home for two years and immediately give $4 billion to the military in order to start the process of bringing the military up to what is expected of a world leader. "

Updated on October 30, 2003?
A Senate committee recommended on November 12, 2002?

It is 2005 now. Have things gotten better or worse? I would say the latter.

"Armed Forces

Today: 60,000 military personnel including 9,500 sailors, 19,000 soldiers, 13,000 air men and women and 18,500 administrative and support personnel. There are also 21,500 reservists.
"

Not today.....October 30th, 2003

"Navy

Today: There are 34 warships and 9,500 sailors in Canada's navy.
"

"Canadians on the front lines

Today: 2,300 armed forces have been deployed to combat terrorism; 1,500 Canadians deployed to NATO peacekeeping in Bosnia-Herzegovina."

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ground/cdnsubs/

"The navy orders the three other Victoria-class submarines to dock while an inquiry takes place to determine the cause of the Chicoutimi fire. Other than the few months in 2000 before the Victoria was commissioned, it is the first time since 1961 the Canadian navy has been without an active submarine. "

We are like America's younger brother, we dont spend money on protecting ourselves because we can always call on big brother if we are in need.

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »

"INDEPTH: CANADA'S MILITARY
Introduction: By the numbers
Justin Thompson, CBC News Online | Updated October 30, 2003

A Senate committee recommended on November 12, 2002 that Canada should call all its soldiers home for two years and immediately give $4 billion to the military in order to start the process of bringing the military up to what is expected of a world leader. "

Updated on October 30, 2003?
A Senate committee recommended on November 12, 2002?

It is 2005 now. Have things gotten better or worse? I would say the latter.

"Armed Forces

Today: 60,000 military personnel including 9,500 sailors, 19,000 soldiers, 13,000 air men and women and 18,500 administrative and support personnel. There are also 21,500 reservists.
"

"Navy

Today: There are 34 warships and 9,500 sailors in Canada's navy.
"

"Canadians on the front lines

Today: 2,300 armed forces have been deployed to combat terrorism; 1,500 Canadians deployed to NATO peacekeeping in Bosnia-Herzegovina."

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ground/cdnsubs/

"The navy orders the three other Victoria-class submarines to dock while an inquiry takes place to determine the cause of the Chicoutimi fire. Other than the few months in 2000 before the Victoria was commissioned, it is the first time since 1961 the Canadian navy has been without an active submarine. "

We are like America's younger brother, we dont spend money on protecting ourselves because we can always call on big brother if we are in need.

hickster

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »

tongue.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7