xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Ashamed To Be Canadian  (Read 539 times)

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« on: February 24, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »

What makes you think the US is going to stop a missle from hitting Canada? rotfl.gif  jester.gif

Bulletproof

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

I'm canadian, and I'm happy we did not sign.

Trust me, we won't have a missle on our way anytime soon.

We can take of ourselves, we don't need americans.

This would have been a hole lot of money for nothing, you don't "own" your airspace by setting up missles in it.

Anyways, at least be happy with the 13 billion in military spendings. Great news for me, as I'm probably joining the reserve forces in a few years.

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

If Russia wanted to fire a Ballistic Missile at the US, god forbid (came close not too long ago), they would fire directly over Canada. Because of distance (got that) it is significantly closer to go "over the top".

Bulletproof

Do you feel that situation is impossible?

Bulletproof

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(xbox beat box @ Feb 24 2005, 06:27 PM)
If Russia wanted to fire a Ballistic Missile at the US, god forbid (came close not too long ago), they would fire directly over Canada. Because of distance (got that) it is significantly closer to go "over the top".

Spency234

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »

As Bulletproof said, if a missile is shot at the US, and is shot down, we are all going to die anyway.

pepsik

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »

That's a good move. Our missle defense system sux, it's been worked on since the mid 80's and it still doesn't work right. Atleast your government isn't spending your money on something that might not possibly work.

Ween311

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 07:37:00 PM »

That's a real good philosophy.  It doesn't work.  Let's give up.  BS.  How long have we been working on finding a cure for cancer?  We haven't found one that works.  Should we give up on that too?  What about HIV/AIDS?  Nothing we have tried works yet.  Let's quit spending money because it's just a waste.  What if we had that attitude about everything we tried?

damam

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Arvarden)
There is a simple solution to this dilema, get rid of nukes then preach the word to the rest of the world.

Imagine how much tax payers money could be saved if there was no a) misile defence program, cool.gif no nukes.

I'm sure the hardcore fanboys will slate me for this opinion but all the misile defence program does is esculate the present problems rather than solving them.

Sounds great.  Why doesnt europe go first, go a step further, and dismantle their entire military.  I mean, imagine all the money you could save with no military at all.  Why stop there, dismantle your police too, then imagine all the money you'll save.

Its all well and good to have a missile defense system, but I really dont think that a nuclear attack via a long range missile is likely.  Their are plenty of countries that are nuclear capable, their are very few that have the technology to deploy them via a missile.  The ones we are most worried about right now are far more likely to put a nuclear bomb inside of a semi trailer and ship it over here, then launch a missile.

Whats the shelf life of a nuclear missile (or any missile for that matter)?  Ive heard rumours that a great many of our nuclear missiles are suspected to be duds or will be very soon.  I cant substantiate it but Ive heard the shelf life for US nukes is about 25 years and that all of our tridents will be duds by 2020.

SKoT

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 10:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Arvarden @ Feb 25 2005, 01:55 PM)
There is a simple solution to this dilema, get rid of nukes then preach the word to the rest of the world.

wolf202

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »

the simple fact that pual celluci (american ambassador to canada) said that they would fire over canada if we like it or not is bull shit they need us just as much as we need them the way he talked was like he was getting hard with us like they did with iraq.  The soul reason we don't want to be part of missle defense is there is about 2% of canadians that actually want active duty american military on our soil.

I fucking hate american arogance.

-Wolf

socrates

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »

................I think the media is getting to everyones heads, theres not going to be any missles launched on america let alone canada,and im with the PM on this one, theres no need for canada to spend millions of dollars on somthing we dont need and besides, you get that system and that will just draw more attention to us which we dont want, let the americans have there wars and bullshit propaganda.....(wow thats so not spelled right it hurts to look at it).....im canadian and i dont recall ever seeing another country wanting to do harm to us for invading there country for no good reason....god bless canada and god smite the NHL and the NHLPA and make hockey come back k sad.gif

wolf202

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

here here!  

-wolf

rms2001

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »

Its not the missle coming from some one like Russia I'm worried about. Its the one rag head with a suitecase bomb I'm worried about, and he will most likely be coming thru Canada.

socrates

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

wink.gif either way someone please tell me when canada and mexico become the gate keepers of the states? why were we nominated as the guys to watch your door? we aint nones door man.....you watch OUR door or we will take your hockey teams away and you will be left with fooz ball and fooz ball is the devil ....THE DEVIL I SAY!!!

user posted image

fishlord

• Archived User
Ashamed To Be Canadian
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(rms2001 @ Feb 26 2005, 04:35 AM)
Its not the missle coming from some one like Russia I'm worried about. Its the one rag head with a suitecase bomb I'm worried about, and he will most likely be coming thru Canada.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7