xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Bush Supports Gays, And More Lies, Worse President  (Read 827 times)

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
Bush Supports Gays, And More Lies, Worse President
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »

Eugenics is the future.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »

Eugenics is the future.

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tony42077 @ Feb 22 2005, 05:50 AM)
The main reason I am against gay marrige, is because they would be able to adopt children easier. No gay marrige can produce children between the two partners, making adoption their next alternative (lesbians would nave an easier time trying to make a baby, with a little help). Giving the multi-year waits that straight couples have to go through to adopt a child, legal gay marriges would put them on the same priority of the straight couple.

You can say all you want that "these gay couples will love these children just as much as the straight couples would" all you want, but life is tough enough without having to deal with fact that you have 2 mommies or daddies.

Idealy, it would be best if a child is raised by a mother and a father.  Their are few psychologoists who disagree with this.  However, the state of adoption is such that if you are not adopted at a very young age, you probably wont get adopted at all.  This means that you will skip around from boarding hall to foster care all you adolescent life with people who really couldnt care less for you.  

What I want to ask is this - isnt a stable, loving gay couple better than the state?

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

I have done nearly every drug known to g-d, but I am never going to tell my kid that for the exact same reason.

I'm sorry, but it's so funny to me that you talk about using every drug ever, but you wont spell out god.

I mean, goddamn girl.

How do you know it's tougher to live with 2 mommies or daddies?

Have you? Or do you know anyone that has? Or are you just basing that off of nothing?

I think it would have been awesome. The big thing these days is to be different. As long as you don't live south of the Mason-Dixon line you'd probably be a hero.

beerchug.gif

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Maximumbeing @ Feb 22 2005, 10:13 PM)
I think it would have been awesome. The big thing these days is to be different. As long as you don't live south of the Mason-Dixon line you'd probably be a hero.

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Maximumbeing @ Feb 22 2005, 10:13 AM)
I'm sorry, but it's so funny to me that you talk about using every drug ever, but you wont spell out god.

I mean, goddamn girl.

I converted to christianity from atheism (i was raised an atheist) about a year after I stopped doing drugs (and a lot of other things).  Quitting drugs and cleaing up my life was unrelated to my conversion. wink.gif
But I have said all this before so I wont say anymore

QUOTE(Maximumbeing)
How do you know it's tougher to live with 2 mommies or daddies?

Have you?

I dont, personally.

QUOTE(Maximumbeing)
Or do you know anyone that has?

Yes actually - 4 different people
1)I have two cousins who's father (my uncle) divorced his wife when they were about 6 and 4, and started what has now become a string of homosexual partners lasting anywhere from 1 to 2 years.  They spent every summer with their "Dad and daddy of the summer"  They are both some of the most screwed up adults I know of.  
2)One of my dearest friends from college mother did the same thing when she was 9.  And her mother got full costody of her when she moved to another state.  She was basically raised from the age of 10 on with two mommies.  She has quite a few problems with men that i and none of my other friends seem to have and she has been seeing a shrink for several years.  But all and all she turned out ok.  
3)Then I have another friend, through my husband, whos mother realized she was a lesbian while she was pregnant with her.  She has two had two momies all her life as far as she is concerned.  She never knew her father growing up (because her mother did not want her too - she knows him now), has very low self esteem, and is married to a creep who was actually cheating on her while she was in labour with their daughter.  Yet she still wont leave him.  She is pretty screwed up as well.

I will mention here that despite my own vicarious experience with being raised by homosexual parents (which is pretty bad), I make room for the possiblity that it is better than haveing no parent at all.  That opens the door for adoption - which was the reason for my question.

QUOTE(Maximumbeing)
Or are you just basing that off of nothing?

My husband is a Psychiatrist, and he has talked often about the need for a role model of both sexes while growing up.  It is also a consensus in the field despite the propaganda that the gays put out.  I said ideally a child would have both.  Often this is not the case.  Sometimes a parent dies while the child is being born or during pregnancy and the child has no way of ever knowing their parent.  And it is from these cases where people like my husband have studied the impacts these events have on a adolescents growing up.  It does have an impact on the development of a child when they do not have both role models in their house.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

Owned.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »

My husband is a Psychiatrist, and he has talked often about the need for a role model of both sexes while growing up. It is also a consensus in the field despite the propaganda that the gays put out. I said ideally a child would have both. Often this is not the case. Sometimes a parent dies while the child is being born or during pregnancy and the child has no way of ever knowing their parent. And it is from these cases where people like my husband have studied the impacts these events have on a adolescents growing up. It does have an impact on the development of a child when they do not have both role models in their house.

We can't all be raised in the perfect nukuler (fun) family, as you've said above. However, you can expect the same results in the developement of a child raised by same sex parents as you would in a child raised by only one parent. If you wont let gays raise a kid, how can you let just one parent raise a kid? It doesn't make sense.

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 07:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(damam @ Feb 22 2005, 09:17 PM)
The state of adoption is such that if you are not adopted at a very young age, you probably wont get adopted at all.  This means that you will skip around from boarding hall to foster care all you adolescent life with people who really couldnt care less for you. 

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

Most of us would, because most of us are assholes. I would also make fun of that kid if he were poor (not really, proving a point) though. Should we not let poor people have kids either cause the kids might face ridicule?

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2005, 07:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Maximumbeing @ Feb 23 2005, 02:06 AM)
We can't all be raised in the perfect nukuler (fun) family, as you've said above. However, you can expect the same results in the developement of a child raised by same sex parents as you would in a child raised by only one parent. If you wont let gays raise a kid, how can you let just one parent raise a kid? It doesn't make sense.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

realize that they and their partner we're not meant to reproduce and raise children- basic science

Come now, that's not basic science at all. They weren't meant to reproduce no, but each has the capability to raise a child, why should it be any different together?

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

smile.gif

Wattman

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »

I don't hate gay people or anything like that but I don't think what they are doing is right. There is a reason for there being a male and a female, even animals understand that.

I hate to tell you but there are gay animals.

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wattman @ Feb 23 2005, 05:52 AM)
I hate to tell you but there are gay animals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9