xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The World Hates America  (Read 325 times)

melon

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

Tony the worlds second language is Enlgish not American.

And your Government is indirectly responsible for workshops.
Your Government has always subsidised corporations so they can undercut local business. Do some research on Jamaican milk farms and how Clinton subsidised a company to undercut prices selling powdered milk untill every diary had shut down. The Jamaicans being so poor anyway were always going to buy the powdered form when it was a fraction of the price of fresh. Once all the diarys had shut down and there was even more people unable to find work Clinton stopped the subsidies and the price rocketed. The people now had no other choice but to buy it and it now cost a lot more than fresh milk had a year earlier. This obviously created health problems but they were unable to spend any money on health care as dictated to them by the American ran IMF.

Your government bartered for a free port in Jamaica which would house factories for Tommy Hilfigher and the like. The Jamaican people were payed a pittance and not even allowed to take their own lunch or drinks to work. The factories were kept hot to ensure drinks were bought. When they went on strike the companies shipped Chinese workers in. Your Government helped set this up!

You should also look into your Governments influence in Chiquitos becomming the biggest bannana supplier in the world! Quite impressive since none of the bannanas they sell are grown in America. Also look into the batterings by local Governments of Chiquitos workers for striking. This is basically slave labour approved by the USA.

I could go on and on but this is just a part of why America is hated in developing countries.

damam

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(melon)
. . . Clinton subsidised a company to undercut prices selling powdered milk untill every diary had shut down.  . .

That cant be right - your trying to tell me he pulled a walmart?  Thats an evil corporation tactic that only republicans do.
Clinton was the first black president - the president for the little man - the president the world embraced and loved - the greatest president since . . . since . . . no the greatest president ever!!!!!  
:drippingsarcasm:

Tony42077

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(melon @ Feb 22 2005, 11:24 PM)
Tony the worlds second language is Enlgish not American.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »

At least Britain did/does their bullshit upfront. I'd hate to bring up the Spanish-American war again but...

That is some ridiculous imperialism.

melon

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »

ok I was being petty over the language but you cant ignore facts.  I have done a fair bit of research on Jamaica so I use it as an example but the same thing happens the world over in developing countries.

Im as responsible for British colonialism as you are for the theft of land from indigenous Americans. Besides my great grandparents would have either been working as manual labour for a pittance or farming fields in Ireland. Britains colonial past has fuck all to do with me.

Stick to the issues instead of ignoring what I have said. Your Government does do these things so why not admit your country is not perfect? You cannot deny your country does nothing at all wrong! Every country does good and bad things in different ratios and in deifferent ways. That includes America.

I should have told you about how Clinton took Britain to court because we use to allow Jamaica to import bananas with no import tax. It was a kind of apology for having ruled their country. Obviously other companies found it harder to compete so through the WTO CLinton removed the hurdle which was stopping Chiquitos doninating the British banana market. The Jamaican farmers went out of business and increased the poverty.

Here is a link to an article which some people might find interesting about America's bully tactics in the World's economies.

Tony42077

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(melon @ Feb 23 2005, 09:43 PM)
Stick to the issues instead of ignoring what I have said. Your Government does do these things so why not admit your country is not perfect? You cannot deny your country does nothing at all wrong! Every country does good and bad things in different ratios and in deifferent ways. That includes America.

melon

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »

Im not demonising your country (in this issue), just stating facts.
You have to except for all the good your country does, it does a lot of bad as well.

Tony42077

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(Arvarden @ Feb 24 2005, 11:22 AM)
Iraq? Israel?  Iran?

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

jester.gif

melon

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »

ok there is a lot of slagging off going on but how about returning to the issues. I would like to hear some opinions on what has been said.

Daman I admit I used to like Clinton until I realised he was Dubya with charisma.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2005, 06:31:00 PM »

sad.gif ... cause i think if it where not for america being as powerfull as it is... they would probably attempt to take over the world... which would obviously be a bad thing.

cause from what i read (i aint gonna say where cause all u guys will do is cut me down and try to discredit my source etc) ... looks like most (not all) of the worlds corruption boils down to RUSSIA.

I'm not against all russians but u guys get my point.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »

I think you're forgetting about the entire population of Europe.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Maximumbeing @ Mar 3 2005, 09:13 PM)
I think you're forgetting about the entire population of Europe.

pb2themax

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

The majority of the world will always be critical of America, no matter what we do. But for some strange reason we have 5 times the number of foreigners coming here to live, than any other country. In some cases, we have more foreigners here than they have in their native country.

We're free, we're rich, we're the land of opportunity, and we have the biggest balls.

TeonHarasymiv

• Archived User
The World Hates America
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »

We're free, we're rich, we're the land of opportunity, and we have the biggest balls.

rotfl.gif
LMFAO! Nice one  beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]