xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: What Do You Think Will Start World War Three?  (Read 512 times)

pegasys

• Archived User
What Do You Think Will Start World War Three?
« on: January 26, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »

I'm guessing energy chrisus, countries start to war over oil, countries pick sides, and there u go WWIII.

SKoT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »

if it werent for the damn enviromentalists we would never have a problem again with energy.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(SKoT @ Jan 26 2005, 11:21 PM)
if it werent for the damn enviromentalists we would never have a problem again with energy.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »

Nuclear maybe? wink.gif

pegasys

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »

Nuclear power was "released" too early before it was totally safe.  I think the best type of power, would be using the heat from the center of the earth, that shit they use in iceland(i think), nuclear is good too tho.

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

doesnt most of the world consider WWIII to have already come and gone?
the cold war

Some even consider us to be currently in WWIV, with the US attacking afganistan and Iraq.

QUOTE(pegasys)
Nuclear power was "released" too early before it was totally safe. I think the best type of power, would be using the heat from the center of the earth, that shit they use in iceland(i think), nuclear is good too tho.

I think you mean geothermal.  The house I grew up in has geothermal energy, and it has its ups and downs and its far from perfect.  You still have to power the pumps though because geothermal does not produce enough energy to power the pumps they require.  Iceland has an advantage cause they have so many active volcanoes that heat nearby areas.  

Nuclears cool by me.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

user posted image
 jester.gif Forgive me wink.gif.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(damam @ Jan 26 2005, 07:14 PM)
doesnt most of the world consider WWIII to have already come and gone?

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »

well, WWIII, as in an actual War

the cold war, despite its name, doesnt really even count as a war, no shots were exchanged and loss of life was what, 2 people (i know of the U2 pilot that got shot down over russia, i think theres another)

I think your definitions a little closed minded.  We were definitely in a war during the cold war even though no shots were fired.  In the Art of War by Suntzu, he states that the greatest Generals win wars without actually fighting.  The founder of military science would be wrong by your definition.  The Cold War was a great world wide conflict - with millions of casualties, vast wastage of resources, and human suffering.  Although most of the casualties and suffering was on the Soviet side with them trying to keep up with the US.

and notice how its called a World War, as in all the major powers fighting, so invading iraq definatly does not count as a world war

If that were the case you would be asking when WWII would be starting because WWI did not involve all major powers - just major european and arabic powers.  And remember, afganistan and Iraq were attacked by a multi-national armies.

Here is a CNN link in which Ex-CIA director - James Woolsey states that we are in WWIV.
CNN LINK
I have also read several refrences to us being in WWIV on al-jazeera.  It may not be the average US perspective, but it is the oppinion of a great many outside of N. America.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 07:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(damam @ Jan 27 2005, 03:13 AM)
In the Art of War by Suntzu, he states that the greatest Generals win wars without actually fighting.  The founder of military science would be wrong by your definition.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(damam @ Jan 26 2005, 09:13 PM)
I think your definitions a little closed minded.  We were definitely in a war during the cold war even though no shots were fired.  In the Art of War by Suntzu, he states that the greatest Generals win wars without actually fighting.  The founder of military science would be wrong by your definition.  The Cold War was a great world wide conflict - with millions of casualties, vast wastage of resources, and human suffering.  Although most of the casualties and suffering was on the Soviet side with them trying to keep up with the US.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(K98 @ Jan 27 2005, 04:38 AM)
Exactly. Alaska still has huge oil reserves  but what's stopping us? You know environmentalists are against the Hoover dam and others because it ruined the Colorado river. These people are just idiots.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Colonel32 @ Jan 26 2005, 07:41 PM)
WW3 = China

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 05:36:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif  

Most likely it will be a middle eastern issue (can you say religious war?) or fighting over energy resources...
(And The Art of War still mostly applies, if not constantly applied so literally...)

jbp20717

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 05:50:00 AM »

The only plausible war would be USA - China, but the US has too much economic interests in China to start it.

Other than that India may be capable of starting a world war, they already are in disputes with Pakistan and China and have nuclear weaponry, as well as having a large population to sustain an army.

Also, forget oil as a reason for a war, as most of the oil in "dodgy" regions of the world will run out fairly soon (relatively speaking)

I doubt that there'll be a world war for a very, very, very loooong time though, because of international trade which the countries capable of starting a large war wouldn't want to disrupt.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8