xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Yasser Arafat Is Dead.  (Read 341 times)

gronne

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

I actually agree with you Nemt(feels strange, one-timer). On the part that he was "too" romanticized. But the muslims do remember his support for Hussein as negative. But apart from all the negative aspects he must be considered as a true hero for his people.

He had a very spartan lifestyle, he should have credit for that. Without him I don't think there would be much resistance to Israel.

And eventhough he was more of a problem the last years, he did admit Israel and approved of a two-states solution. I hope the media won't neglect that. Saying he didn't work for peace is a lie. That was everything he wanted. I can bloody guarantee that.

I'm worried his replacer will be more hostile. But we can always hope. No matter what, this transition will have a huge impact for the outcome, good or bad. I hope the rest of the world will act mature now when there's a great chance for something good here.

But as others have said, RIP Arafat. I hope your dream will come true. (As I said, he didn't "want" Israel dissolved).

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Nov 14 2004, 02:30 AM)
I actually agree with you Nemt(feels strange, one-timer). On the part that he was "too" romanticized. But the muslims do remember his support for Hussein as negative. But apart from all the negative aspects he must be considered as a true hero for his people.

rotfl.gif Nahtzee!

He had a very spartan lifestyle, he should have credit for that. Without him I don't think there would be much resistance to Israel.

You are right about that, he was a stubborn egoistical prick, and it is because of him they were unable to meet the two-state agreement, presented in 96.

And eventhough he was more of a problem the last years, he did admit Israel and approved of a two-states solution. I hope the media won't neglect that. Saying he didn't work for peace is a lie. That was everything he wanted. I can bloody guarantee that.

I'm not sure where you pulled that one from, your ass maybe? wink.gif Arafat wanted nothing more than to see Israel obliterated, and the reunification of Palestine.

I'm worried his replacer will be more hostile. But we can always hope. No matter what, this transition will have a huge impact for the outcome, good or bad. I hope the rest of the world will act mature now when there's a great chance for something good here.

You are probably right about his successor, today members of his PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization) opened fire inside one of Arafat's mourning tents killing two, and wounding several others. As you can see these guys only want "peace", and they will do whatever necessary to achieve that "peace" even if it means slaughtering their own people.

But as others have said, RIP Arafat. I hope your dream will come true. (As I said, he didn't "want" Israel dissolved).

I have no doubt now that you are Anti-Semitic, like the vast majority of Europe. Arafat wanted the reunification of Palestine, at the cost of dissolving Israel. He was also responsible for the murder of two American diplomats to Palestine during the 70's. Arafat was a terrorist, and nothing more.

gronne

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

Why don't you read before you open your mouth, you illiterate, anti-islamic a-hole. At first he wanted to dissolve Israel, but then agreed there should be a two-states solution. And your fascination for nazi's is truly perverted. Please, take a good read on Arafat and you'll see what he was trying to achieve.

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

You are the blind one here my friend, you sympathize with the Palestinians because you feel you can identify with their struggle against the oppressive Israelis, when you have no fucking idea what life is like for either side (unless you have lived there, you have no fucking idea). Yet you feel no sympathy when Israeli civilians are killed, that my friend is sick. There can be no double standard. Some of my best friends are Muslim, but they aren't psychopathic tools that believe the divine will of God lies in the destruction of western civilization. Yes they felt Israel was the oppressor in the Israel-Palestine conflict, but they feel Arafat's promotion of violent tactics like suicide bombings were no better, and would not help in achieving peace either. Arafat never wanted an Israeli state that is why he turned down the best offer they would ever get. He was a failure.

bucko

• Recovered User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

i reckon the french just finished him of, he looked fine before going into hospital.

gronne

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (EverythingButAnAnswer @ Nov 15 2004, 12:31 AM)
You are the blind one here my friend, you sympathize with the Palestinians because you feel you can identify with their struggle against the oppressive Israelis, when you have no fucking idea what life is like for either side (unless you have lived there, you have no fucking idea). Yet you feel no sympathy when Israeli civilians are killed, that my friend is sick. There can be no double standard. Some of my best friends are Muslim, but they aren't psychopathic tools that believe the divine will of God lies in the destruction of western civilization. Yes they felt Israel was the oppressor in the Israel-Palestine conflict, but they feel Arafat's promotion of violent tactics like suicide bombings were no better, and would not help in achieving peace either. Arafat never wanted an Israeli state that is why he turned down the best offer they would ever get. He was a failure.

It's 2:15 am here now so I'm going to sleep soon, but whenever I get the time I will provide you with a link to those statements of his. And what hell are you talking about? I've said earlier that I don't sympathize with acts of terror WHATSOEVER, but you only want to remember him as a brutal terrorist when he did so much other good for the cause of the palestinians? It's not black and white, you know. Who's the blind one here? You don't seem to sympathize the least with the palestinians. Sure, let Mexico occupy USA, and I'm sure you'll be jumping in happiness.

I don't sympathize with acts of terror, but I can also reckon that if there never was any attacks in the first place, I'm sure resistance through words wouldn't have any affect AT ALL.

If there were no terror-attacks, the rest of the world wouldn't care the palestinians didn't have a homeland. Do you seriously think that? SERIOUSLY? If the palestinians made no resistance we wouldn't talk about this now, right? They would just be run over, and their struggle would be completely forgotten. You couldn't say that now, could you?

I would be PISSED if my neighbouring country said to me "We think this land was important to us 2000 years ago, so we unfortunately must rule here again... You know, it's important to us". I can sure UNDERSTAND they attack the jews, eventhough I don't sympathize with acts of violence at all. No one would allow anyone to steal their land without a struggle. If you think about it there are so many people that have something related to specific spots, but you wouldn't allow them to steal land, right? What if the indians demanded USA back since it was their country thousands of years before the europeans took over. Not that they should throw the europeans out, but call it Indianland, or whatever. They would have the same rights the jews had to steal a country, and I wouldn't agree with that either. Only morons would, so I guess everyone supporting zionism must be a moron.

BTW, you don't seem to sympathize with the muslims when the jews counter-attack them. The jews kill FAR more muslims, than the muslims kill jews. I'm an atheist so why would I care about any of the sides? Because they've been stolen from their land, and because zionism is wrong in it's essence. Israel is the biggest mistake ever, but it's way too late to dissolve it and it shouldn't be either.

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

You don't understand if they directly targeted soldiers, instead of civilians (which is why I don't sympathize with them as much as I do the Israelis) then I could care less, because that is after all what soldiers are for to fight. The Israelis don't directly target civilians, but sometimes there is "collateral damage" which often occurs when you are fighting a guerrilla battle and the one side you’re fighting blends in with the civilian population, at that point it becomes very hard to discern between friend and foe. I understand exactly how they feel I would be very pissed if someone invaded us and attempted to take our land. However, when you resort to directly targeting innocent civilians to make your voice heard, I have no respect for you at all, and you are no better than the dirt beneath my feet, you are a coward. The same goes for anyone who sympathizes with people who directly target civilians, those people disgust me.

gronne

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (EverythingButAnAnswer @ Nov 15 2004, 03:28 AM)
The Israelis don't directly target civilians.

Should I laugh or cry? Well laughing is something I don't want to do about the situation down there, so I better cry. I also think the terrorist acts are horrible, but extreme people will always do something to make their voice heard, and one can't say they haven't been successful in that, but it's hard to sympathize with terrorists. I sympathize with the struggle, not the terror acts. And as I said, far more innocent palestinians have been killed in pure retaliation. Many have been DIRECTLY aimed to kill innocents, only for the cause of retaliation.

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Nov 15 2004, 06:59 PM)
Should I laugh or cry? Well laughing is something I don't want to do about the situation down there, so I better cry. I also think the terrorist acts are horrible, but extreme people will always do something to make their voice heard, and one can't say they haven't been successful in that, but it's hard to sympathize with terrorists. I sympathize with the struggle, not the terror acts. And as I said, far more innocent palestinians have been killed in pure retaliation. Many have been DIRECTLY aimed to kill innocents, only for the cause of retaliation.

Unfortunately that is what happens when your enemy is a coward, and disguises themselves as members of the civilian population. Cowards who use woman and children as human shields, and directly targets innocent civilians, are vile disgusting sub human creatures, and they should be treated as such. Those sick egotistical parasitic pieces of shit don't care about the struggle, they don't care about Palestine, they only care about themselves, they exist only to bring pain and suffering to innocent people (fucking children) who if anything deserve to live out their lives in peace. They feed off the lives of innocents, and if there was no Israel-Palestine conflict, they would still be out their killing innocent people, because they are psychotic, and are no different from Nazis. You can't have it both ways, you either support them, their cause, and their actions fully, or you condemn it.

melon

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

In the last thread on this debate I posted a link to a news story about how an Israeli soldier shot a little Palastinian girl on her way to school. He then stood over her body and shot repeatedly into her body.

How is this not directly targetting civillians?

Rest in Peace Mohammed Abdel-Raouf Arafat As Qudwa al-Hussaeini you united a people under extreme cicumstances and provication. For that you deserve to be honoured.

damam

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Nov 14 2004, 11:19 PM)
At first he wanted to dissolve Israel, but then agreed there should be a two-states solution.  . . .  Please, take a good read on Arafat and you'll see what he was trying to achieve.

If Arafat was ever serious about a two-state solution, the first thing he would have done was start marginalizing Hamas and the influence that hamas has over the palestenians.  He never tried to do that.  Over the years they simply got stronger.  And dont try to argue that they had more funding either.  Arafat embezzled over a billion dollars in "Muslim Tithes" and relief aide from around the world.  Money that should have gone to the Palestenian people in the forms of food, health care, and education and services that hamas provides to the palestenians.  

The next thing he would have done would have been to take the deal at camp david.  THis is where his true intentions reared their head.  He never had any intentions of really recognizing an Isreali State.  And the arguement that Israel was killing PLO and Hamas members is true - but not all of the story, they were also targeting Israelis like never before.  Hamas doesnt just want a Palestenian state.  They want the end of the Israeli state as well and have said so many times.

What is it that the Arab world calls the Isreali state?  "An-Nakba" which translates to "The Great Catastrophe".  Two times since 1948, the surrounding arab states have tried to get rid of the Israeli state through direct force and several times thorugh indirect force.  The fact is that they simply cannot stand the idea of living next to a jew.  

In the last thread on this debate I posted a link to a news story about how an Israeli soldier shot a little Palastinian girl on her way to school. He then stood over her body and shot repeatedly into her body.
How is this not directly targetting civillians?

If you can show me this is the rule and not an exception by showing a systamtic approach to dealing with the palestenians in this way, you might have a point.  Otherwise, im inclined to believe that this was one sick bastard working on his own.  In any organization your bound to have a couple.  The palestenians are known for using women and children as human shields, and the israelis have had more than a couple opportunities to mow them all down.  But they choose not too.  Im not saying there hasnt been collateral damage, but as a general rule they have not intentionally killed the bystanders or human shields for that matter.

On the other hand, Yasser, PLO, and Hamas have shown a systematic approach of targeting civilians by attacking schools, civilian planes, shops, etc.

nemt

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »

Everyone knows Yasser Arafat was a terrorist, now he's a dead terrorist...

He was also one crazy looking muthafugga

user posted image

gronne

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2004, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (damam @ Nov 15 2004, 09:18 PM)
If Arafat was ever serious about a two-state solution, the first thing he would have done was start marginalizing Hamas and the influence that hamas has over the palestenians.  He never tried to do that.  Over the years they simply got stronger.  And dont try to argue that they had more funding either.  Arafat embezzled over a billion dollars in "Muslim Tithes" and relief aide from around the world.  Money that should have gone to the Palestenian people in the forms of food, health care, and education and services that hamas provides to the palestenians.  

What is it that the Arab world calls the Isreali state?  "An-Nakba" which translates to "The Great Catastrophe".  Two times since 1948, the surrounding arab states have tried to get rid of the Israeli state through direct force and several times thorugh indirect force.  The fact is that they simply cannot stand the idea of living next to a jew.  

If you can show me this is the rule and not an exception by showing a systamtic approach to dealing with the palestenians in this way, you might have a point.  Otherwise, im inclined to believe that this was one sick bastard working on his own.  In any organization your bound to have a couple.  The palestenians are known for using women and children as human shields, and the israelis have had more than a couple opportunities to mow them all down.  But they choose not too.  Im not saying there hasnt been collateral damage, but as a general rule they have not intentionally killed the bystanders or human shields for that matter.

On the other hand, Yasser, PLO, and Hamas have shown a systematic approach of targeting civilians by attacking schools, civilian planes, shops, etc.

You're so blind it hurts. We often hear about Israeli counter-attacks where innocents ARE the targets. Retaliation feeds retaliation. Sure, the palestinians shouldn't have started attacking innocents in the first place, but does that mean you should completely stand on Israels side? As I've said, far more palestinians(civilians) have been killed than Israelis, and they are the ones illegally occupying others soil.

And as I've said, just because there are palestinian terrorists, doesn't give Israel ANY right at all to act like they do. I feel a lot of people choose the israelian side ONLY because of the terrorists. But then we're talking about individuals, and individuals shouldn't affect your whole opinion about the situation. In a modern society it can never be accepted for someone to take over a country because it was important to them 2000 years ago. I mean seriously, two thousand years ago.

Israel sure is a catastrophe, but it's WAY too late to dissolve it now. The only thing to do is to give back key areas to the palestinians. The muslims can stand the idea of living with jews, but they can't stand to have them steal their country. That's a huge difference. They lived together before Israel was a reality, so I don't think that's a big problem.

ANYONE would act like the muslims if it was your soil being stolen. Tell me how sick it would be if someone said "Sure, go ahead. Take my land and call it something else. That would be hilariuos". That's what the problem really comes down to, basic rights. Americans, if any, who'd fight every possible war to defend their lovely rights, ought to understand this. But no, you choose to support Israel, because of religious reasons?!?!? It's time to take a deep look in the mirror, my friends.

damam

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Nov 18 2004, 02:51 AM)
Israel sure is a catastrophe, but it's WAY too late to dissolve it now.

On May 14, 1948, when Israel declared independence despite the best efforts of the British and despite the fact that they guaranteed it with the Balfour Declaration in 1917.   The UN while was in favour of Jewish state, as usual did absolutely nothing either way.  The British went a bit further and actually tried to keep them from getting weapons, and gave weapons to the surrounding Arab states, opened up land entry from all the other arab states to israel and gave covor to them, obstructed Jewish defenses on the ground, blocked Jewish reinforcements and aide from both the mediteranean and land, and bombed the Jewish fighters from the air.  The This was the first time that the Israelis survived a massive attack from Egypt, Jordan, and Syria (and arguably Britain).  The stated purpose of this invasion was to "push the Jews into the sea" or genocide. This is not mere speculation; the Arabs of the former British Mandate of Palestine (that never came to be) were led by a Nazi collaborator, Hajj Amin al-Husseini, and was up for charges at Nuremberg before escaping in 1946. He was a well known supporter of the "The Final Solution".  They also mowed down and irrecoverably destroyed all the Jewish settlements in Jordan and Egypt killing most of the Jews in the process.   So the rest of the world DID TRY TO DISSOLVE IT right from the getgo.  But the Israelis won despite the amazing odds.

The only thing to do is to give back key areas to the palestinians.

Israel did offer to give 90% of the land they won in the war to Yasser.
I already posted this earlier, but it fits better here . . .
First off it never belonged to the palestenians.  It belonged to Jordan and Egypt.  And in case you have forgetten - this is how the palestenians came into this predicament:
May 14, 1967: Egypt's President Gamal Nasser demands the withdrawal of United Nations force--established in 1957 as an international "guarantee" of safety for Israel--from the Sinai peninsula. The UN meekly obeys; the United States and Britain fail to rouse the Security Council to take action.
May 15: Three Egyptian army divisions and 600 tanks roll into the Sinai. World community does nothing.
May 17: Cairo Radio's Voice of the Arabs: "All Egypt is now prepared to plunge into total war which will put an end to Israel."
May 18: Voice of the Arabs announces: "As of today, there no longer exists an international emergency force to protect Israel. We shall exercise patience no more. We shall not complain any more to the UN about Israel. The sole method we shall apply against Israel is a total war which will result in the extermination of Zionist existence."
May 18: Nasser announces blockade of Straits of Tiran in the Red Sea, severing Israel's southern maritime link to the outside world. Israel considers the closure an act of war. (US President Lyndon Johnson later says: "If a single act of folly was more responsible for this explosion than any other it was the arbitrary and dangerous announced decision that the Straits of Tiran would be closed.")
May 20: Syria's defence minister (now president) Hafez el-Assad says: "Our forces are now ready not only to repulse the aggression but to initiate the act of liberation itself, and to explode the Zionist presence in the Arab homeland. The Syrian army, with its finger on the trigger, is united ..."
May 27: Nasser: "Our basic objection will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight."
May 30: Nasser : "The armies of Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon are poised on the borders of Israel."
May 30: Jordan's King Hussein signs a five-year mutual defence pact with Egypt and the two set up a joint command, making clear its stance in any future conflict.
My 31: Egyptian newspaper Al Akhbar reports: "Under terms of the military agreement signed with Jordan, Jordanian artillery, co-ordinated with the forces of Egypt and Syria, is in a position to cut Israel in two ..."
May 31: Iraqi President Rahman Aref announces: "This is our opportunity to wipe out the ignominy which has been with us since 1948. Our goal is clear--to wipe Israel off the map."
June 4: Iraq joins Nasser's military alliance against Israel.
June 5: Six Day War begins: Israeli Airforce commits a pre-emptive strike on the  airfields in Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Iraq.
If it had not been for their own aggression, they would not be in this situation.  Hell, they would probably still be called Egyptians and living in refugee camps.  And yet if they had won, the world wouldnt even care.

The muslims can stand the idea of living with jews, but they can't stand to have them steal their country. That's a huge difference. They lived together before Israel was a reality, so I don't think that's a big problem.

Lived together in the loosest sense of the term.  The so called "Golden Age of Arab-Jewish Co-Existence", is basically a lie.  Sure the Jews could live there so long as they were willing to put up with special taxes levied against them, agreed to not build any places of worship, wore marks on there clothes so that all Arabs would know they were jews, and agreed to only work certain jobs and stay out of govornment.  Then of course there was the periodic killing of all the males and enslavement of the females and children in a single town for population control (this also happened to the christians).  Occasoinally, they would kill all the jews including the women and children as a reward for a failed upraising.  Not to mention the fact that if any jew started doing too well, they would burn down his crops or kill all of his live stalk.  In places like libya and parts of egypt, Jews could only live there if they had an Arab master and were considered his property.  In Morocco, the only job jews were aloud to have was cleaning the latrines, had to sell items at half price, and could not refuse counterfitt coins.  Other pass times of the Arabs during this erra were beard pulling, spitting, or just starting a good old fashion jewish stoning in the market place.

The worst arab/muslim offendors were the Moors in Spain, and Almoravids in Morrocco where their attrocities were far worse then mentioned above.  So while the Jews did fair better in the middle east then in Europe (ie. no mass genocide attempts), it could harldy be called peacefule co-existence.

You're so blind it hurts. We often hear about Israeli counter-attacks where innocents ARE the targets. Retaliation feeds retaliation. Sure, the palestinians shouldn't have started attacking innocents in the first place, but does that mean you should completely stand on Israels side? As I've said, far more palestinians(civilians) have been killed than Israelis, and they are the ones illegally occupying others soil.

While the BBC is generally speaking a pretty unbiases news source, they have proven themselves to be very biased when comes to Israel.  Your statement exemplifies that and if you want examples just ask.  Every time an Israeli kills a palestenian it is considered civillian by most simply because you cant tell who is what.  I am not saying I support everything that the Israeli's have done, some of Sherones work in the mid 70's was very questionable, but I do support their right to return fire when fired upon, to do pre-emptive strikes when attack is emminent, to retaliate, and to occupy land won in a war that was eminent.
As far as "illegally occupying soil . . . thats a whole other subject that I also disagree with.  but this post is too long as it is

And as I've said, just because there are palestinian terrorists, doesn't give Israel ANY right at all to act like they do. I feel a lot of people choose the israelian side ONLY because of the terrorists. But then we're talking about individuals, and individuals shouldn't affect your whole opinion about the situation.

Do you think the average 16 year old Palestenian just inherently knows how to make a bomb strap it to their body, and detonate it?  Or that so many of them just decided independently that this is a good thing to do?  These are not just random outlier individuals working alone.  Hamas and the PLO are not individuals.  They are well organized and funded by the surrounding arab states.

In a modern society it can never be accepted for someone to take over a country because it was important to them 2000 years ago. I mean seriously, two thousand years ago.

That assumes that it had some how lost meaning to them, they left, or they ever stopped trying to regain there state.  The Jews never left Israel.  Sure some migrated away, but there has been a continual jewish presence there for over 3000 years.  And from the occupation of Rome on, the Jews have tried several times to regain control.  1948 was just the first time they succeeded.  

ANYONE would act like the muslims if it was your soil being stolen. Tell me how sick it would be if someone said "Sure, go ahead. Take my land and call it something else. That would be hilariuos".

Thats pretty funny coming from a subject of her majesty.  Thats exactly what your country did.  They took over the entire middle east, then arbitrarily drew lines in the sand and appointed leaders.  None of these countries existed until they came along.  Not only that, Britain spent 50yrs doing it.  Yet, none of them cared how they were split up and divided so long as a Jewish state did not exist.

That's what the problem really comes down to, basic rights. Americans, if any, who'd fight every possible war to defend their lovely rights, ought to understand this. But no, you choose to support Israel, because of religious reasons?!?!? It's time to take a deep look in the mirror, my friends.

Israel has been far kinder to the palestenians, than the arabs ever were to the Jews.  Also far kinder than Egypt or Jordan were to the palestenians.  Unlike Egypt or Jordan, Israel has offered the palestenians full intigration if they put down there arms.  Hell, Israel even offered Palestine 90% of the land they were asking for to setup their own state.  Israel currently has a 22% arab population who work, vote, and are afforded all the same freedoms as the jews.  Their are even Arabs in Parliment.  You talk of basic human rights.  Well they are there for the taking, they simply have to learn how to live with a jewish neighbor.

Baner

• Archived User
Yasser Arafat Is Dead.
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »

Thats pretty funny coming from a subject of her majesty.

Just thought I'd let you know that Gronne ain't a Brit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4