xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How The Iraqis Actually Feel  (Read 127 times)

brandogg

• Archived User
How The Iraqis Actually Feel
« on: November 05, 2004, 09:59:00 PM »

I heard this was shown, at least in part, on C-SPAN a few weeks ago.

http://voicesofiraq.com

I don't have a link to the actual movie, but if you can find it, watch it. The Iraq situation isn't nearly as bad as the liberal media makes it out to be. Sure some of them liked Saddam, but those folks were not tortured by him. A lot of them are also worried about the US occupation, but they agree that it's much better than living under Saddam's rule, and there's a great deal of them that love the US for what they've done and will ultimately do in the end. This is probably the best movie about the war in Iraq, because it was actually made by the Iraqis themselves.

K98

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

Sure.

Judging the US army on present experience I feel 100% correct when telling you...."You a typing pure spin and BS in it's purist form".

Example:

A US Humvee break's down and await's a pickup. British commando's come chugging along in there clearly marked land rovers with Union Jack's flapping in the wind. As the convoy drew closer trigger happy US cowboys open fire and pepper numerous British vechiles leaving (luckly) one Major slightly injured.

Now if the US army makes a mistake like this how can they be winning the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people?

And that isnt BS? That was just another example of how you ignore facts and write in your own story.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

Yes. The Iraqi people who made this movie are saying BS and providing spin. Shut up and watch the movie.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

I wonder if any of those people are from Fallujah?

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

Yep, some of 'em.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »

The ordinary Iraqi people hate both of our armies, less so ours because we keep civillian casualties down, but where still hated. I have been saying this since the start of the war, my Iraqi friend has been keeping me informed. People are saying it was better under Saddam. I still dont understand it when you say liberal media, American news stations like fox are laughed at over here in the UK because they are so blatantly right wing biased.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

im not saying Saddam was a good guy because it is obvious he wasnt. Its just the hypocricy of our countries, when he was killing all the kurds he was our ally and we turned a blind eye, now he is our enemy these same events are used as a reason why we had to goto war. The fact is Saddam kept the country under control and the religious extremists in check. What we dont see is that for every foriegner kidnapped there are a 100 Iraqi's kidnapped for the ransom. It was safe to walk the street under Saddam, not anymore.

Face it Iraq doesnt have basic power and water supplies anymore. The oil doesnt stop flowing though does it!!!!

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

You keep religous extremists in check by paying their families $25,000 when they would suicide bomb themselves to kill Israelis and people of other non-Islamic religions? Sure it was safe to walk the street under Saddam, just don't EVER question him, look at him or his goons the wrong way, carry any US dollars (you'll lose a hand for that) or ever try to speak your mind. It was "safe" because people knew they would be murdered for even breathing too heavy.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 03:47:00 AM »

Looks like the coalition is providing a good standard of "security"  rolleyes.gif

http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/3986085.stm

"When I hear bombs falling around my neighbourhood, I keep thinking - any moment now, I could be killed

It is a very strange feeling because in between the screaming, there is the sound of more missiles flying.

That is when I think - I could be next.

Another sound you hear during the bombing is that of prayers. People pray loudly because they are so scared.

Sometimes, you hear people say quite unusual things - they improvise, making up their own prayers"

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 08:41:00 AM »

Anti-war media outlets will print their anti-war "news".

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »

k98 your entire post is based on events that happened when our governments were FRIENDS with Saddam and gave him the gas to commit the atrocities of which you speak.

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

Melon, if someone gave you a knife, then you wanted to kill someone, and you used that knife. Wouldn't you still be at fault for that murder?
While Argentina was invading the British governed Falklands, France continued to supply Argentina with the Exocet missle (early version of the Cruise Missle). The French never said to use it against the British, but they didn't stop supplying it. Why is that any better than what America did? France never had to pay a penny to repair the damaged British fleet, or any of the war debt for that matter.

pepsik

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 05:21:00 PM »

^^^^^

This was back in the reagan era, we chose an allie between Iraq and Iran. Since this was when the Iahtollah took over the country and took over the US embassy, we naturally picked Iraq. So we gave Saddam WMD's, a few tanks, and a few planes inorder for him to do our dirty work in Iran(this was in part Iran Contra, the other part was playing both sides and trading weapons to Iran for hostages).

Saddam took our weapons and gassed the kurds instead, since then things got sour between our governments.