xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Kerry Hates "old Glory"  (Read 337 times)

gcskate27

• Archived User
Kerry Hates "old Glory"
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

no, i think im good because i posted a def that proves you wrong and you ignored it... the point i am trying to make is 'arms' refers to any weapon and that is how the 2nd is outdated... if we take it literally and dont update it with the times, then it is perfectly within my rights to own whatever i want, be it bb gun or tank...

cainedna

• Archived User
Kerry Hates "old Glory"
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »

Of course words change their meanings. In fact, I'm going to make a new thread for this line of discussion. Leave this one behind if anyone still thinks Kerry hates the American flag, despite having fought overseas for it.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Kerry Hates "old Glory"
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

I would bet there's tons of incidents in the Constitution that way. Is that Webster dictionary def. from the time of the Constitution? You know words do change meanings over time, or maybe you didnt. Not that I care it's just your arguement is pointless and worth nothing.

i know words change meaning*, but your the moron arguing the losing side over what the word means as seen here:
I have never in my life seen a tank, cannon, ship, sub refered to as "arms".
Cannon is artillery. Ship is navy. Sub is navy. Hmm solved that.

*hmm i wonder where you stand on the gay marraige issue?  wink.gif  but lets leave that to another thread...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]