xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: The Debate  (Read 770 times)

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
The Debate
« on: September 30, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

The debate is just starting, so if you hear anything you find interesting, or anything you'd like to comment on, then post it here.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 07:14:00 PM »

I don't think either candidate has blinked yet, but I don't think Bush understands the difference between, "Granting authority", and, "Invading Iraq".

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

Most definately agreed Spency, and I don't think Bush will be making us (The US) any friends.

gcskate27

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

bush has 3 topics...

kerry has mixed messages... kerry explained...
terrorists are scary... kerry explained his stance...
wrong war, wrong time, wrong place... kerry explained...

he mentions these with every response...

kerry is dominating this debate... of course its only an hour in, but even bush supporters should admit this...

*the ammusing thing is, is that bush looks so anxious to respond and he just states the same few things...

HeLiuM

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Oct 1 2004, 03:58 AM)
Well it's easy to say what you want to do, but actually getting the cooperation needed to do what he wants is quite hard.

That's right.
That's exactly why international cooperation is necessary (we have to cooperate with them, not expect them to adapt to US agenda, which is what you just described.)

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »

"The issue is not the threat, it's what you do about it."

Very well spoken.

Bush seemed to talk in circles, Kerry had some strong points, and I think Kerry might have an edge now.

Bush - "And may god continue to bless this great country."

You just had to say it didn't you Bush?

Please, let's liberate our own country for a change.

K98

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

It seemed even. Every statement just seemed like a safe one, that wouldnt cause any extra attention.

pegasys

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

I think that debate goes to Kerry.  Bush said the same canned responses to every question even when those responses were proven to be false.

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

K98:   So why don't you support Kerry now since that's what you belive in

gcskate:   I'm glad to hear other people notived that as well.  he was very anxious to get his turn, but then paused for sometimes 5 seconds before sputtering something out to get rid of the silence.

Did you take notice of the responses.  Kerry actually had intelligent things to say.  He had responses that weren't filled with pauses and repetition.

Bush said iraq attacked us.  WTF?!  I don't even need to comment on this.

not that i really care but if you watched c-span they had the split screen bush had 3 glasses of water to kerry's 1 sip in the first 5 minutes.

i watched this debate hating bush and liking kerry so of course i'm going to say kerry won.  But when people like k98 (who i think is nemt, anyone else?....anyways) going around saying it's even.  It seems pretty obvious who won

thomes08

The unProfessional

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

i watched this debate hating bush and liking kerry so of course i'm going to say kerry won

But consider something thomes, I think you said "Kerry won" before the debate even began.

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

i forgot to add this, i just thought it was funny

"you can't send mexed missages" blink.gif
gwb

brandogg

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

Bush NEVER said Iraq attacked us. He said the enemy attacked us, which is why several months later, after going into Afghanistan, we went into Iraq.

Now, did anyone notice Kerry's flip-flops that actually happened in the debate? I remember him saying that we had too many troops in Iraq, and not enough in Afghanistan, only to minutes later say we don't have enough troops in Iraq.

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 08:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Oct 1 2004, 04:39 AM)

But consider something thomes, I think you said "Kerry won" before the debate even began.

ummmmm..... that's EXACTLY what i was saying.

"watched this debate hating bush and liking kerry so of course i'm going to say kerry won"

^^^ i was stating right there that i didn't go into this thinking it was going to change my vote.

but on that note.  People from Bush's campaign were already making up excuses for Bush losing this debate.  i read one article on that and some guy from his campaign was on the daily show explaining the Bush loss.  

So it wasn't just me or other democrats who went into this debate knowing who was going to have the upper hand, bush's campaign had that mindset too

thomes08

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 08:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (brandogg @ Oct 1 2004, 04:40 AM)
Bush NEVER said Iraq attacked us. He said the enemy attacked us, which is why several months later, after going into Afghanistan, we went into Iraq.

Now, did anyone notice Kerry's flip-flops that actually happened in the debate? I remember him saying that we had too many troops in Iraq, and not enough in Afghanistan, only to minutes later say we don't have enough troops in Iraq.

he said the enemy attacked us, and that's why we're in iraq

The unProfessional

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »

I just don't think either one delivered anything impressive.  It was Kerry's big opportunity, and he wasn't nearly as aggressive as he should've been.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9