xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Who Is Jesus To You?  (Read 756 times)

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »

Hello,
  I voted for Jesus is a prophet from god because, the Muslim religon believes that "god wasn't gaven birth to and doesnt give birth to". I use to live in my home country (Palestine) and visted many beautiful/religous places The dome of the rock, Betlhem, and more. They are incredible and make you think about religon a lot. I learned many things and looked into other religons but, the most one that seemed right for me was Islam. I studied it and as for Jesus is believd to bring the religon "Christianity" but failed (Many Prophets have been sent before). God "Allah" sent Mohammad as a Prohet to Bring the Holy Qur'aan. I am jumping from one to another but, as for Jesus, Maryum gave birth to him with no sexual intercourse as he was a Miracle from god.

Thanks

moistness

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2004, 03:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Aug 19 2004, 08:57 AM)
Trust me, being 16 and 23 is a big difference in one's life. You will understand and need God in your life.

Why will he? Is there something magic about being 23 that suddenly makes you get religion?? dry.gif  Didn't happen to me, I must be immune thank "god" laugh.gif

rms2001

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2004, 03:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (nagmine @ Aug 18 2004, 06:52 PM)
I put he is the son of god but still that makes him part of god. Trinity = The father , The son and the holy spirit.

dry.gif

The one thing I don’t need right now is another argument but, why do you believe in the trinity?

moistness

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2004, 04:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (rms2001 @ Aug 19 2004, 10:43 AM)
dry.gif

The one thing I don’t need right now is another argument but, why do you believe in the trinity?

So why start the argument??

S1lenT_X

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2004, 04:44:00 AM »

dry.gif

Yes, i am sure that as people get older they need to find some sort of fulfillment in their life. Humans are naturally prone to seek a "god." This god need not, however, be a spiritual being.

I am not saying that stuff like this is unimportant and should just be overlooked to prevent trouble. However, you are definately not going about it the right way nagmine. God says to treat others not only with respect, but also in the way we would want to be treated. Refferring anthrax's choices in HIS life to a dog or animal is not exactly a subtle way of "teaching" or a kind way of "loving" your neighbours.

MoeMan949222, thanks for your response. There are a lot of people who see Jesus' death as a failure to do his job. His job, however, was not so much to bring Christianity, but to save us. (I beleive that your post says that he failed his mission to bring Christianity) He did so by dying on the cross after having never sinned. The only way that God says we can be saved, is through the death of one who has not. And to be picky, if his mission was to bring Christianity, in reality he did so. jesus came during a time of upheaval, Greek was the language which had become very common, and thus, the word which he preached spread quickly to the corners of the earth through his disciples. Now i don't wan't to say that your religion is wrong. This is just my opinion. I know for a fact that less radical Islam people are very peaceful, and live what seems to be better lives than many Christians.

And as for the radicals, all religions have had them. In fact, the Christians are the worst. Christians have persecuted other faiths countless times over the years. It is also true that many  Christians have been persecuted by their own "brothers"

Oh yeah, and moistness, it isn't an argument. It is a discussion. Or at least it shouldn't be an argument anyway dry.gif . rms 2001, just wants to discuss.

Thanks for everyone's input.

shavedrat

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2004, 06:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (dman7 @ Aug 19 2004, 08:06 AM)
Well, I believe there are only two Gods....the God of Isreal(Jesus Christ) and Satan who also disguises himself as other Gods(Allah, Budda, ect.)

Made me laugh, sorry  biggrin.gif

Dagoth

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

"Who is Jesus to you?"

he was a character in a book of stories that where handed down from generation to generation, long before the first bible was ever written.

where is the physical proof that he ever existed...

And why won't any witnesses come forward to testify  tongue.gif

on a more serious note most people don't belive in religion, and I feel that it's up to the individual to discover their own "faith" in whatever shape or form that may be. Be it Christianity, Islam or Jimi Hendrix.

nagmine

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »

he was a character in a book of stories that where handed down from generation to generation, long before the first bible was ever written.

The old testament was written way way before jesus was even born ......  and in the new testament was written right after his death by people who knew him ..... not passed down over generation so your facts are completely out of whack.

now about facts about jesus im sure what you want is something thats not in the bible right even though the bible states true history of that time and has been seen true by even historians who even dont believe jesus is christ. Well there is stuff out side the bible Pontius Pilate wrote a letter to Tiberius Caesar about jesus about how he looked and everything. If you dont know who they are then you dont even need to be talking about history.so likewise You should look into history before making such comments.

Even most historians believe jesus was a real man.....

nagmine

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

ButtersB

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

He doesn't just talk about dressing up as a woman, he does dress up like a woman. And what, may i ask, is wrong with that?

Oh, and my source of 'religious thoughts' as you put it came from going to church and sunday school up until the age of about 13 until i realised i was wasting an hour or two of my life every week, and stopped. And before anyone whinges at me, i'm all for people being religious, more power to them i say. I wish i was religious, having the certain knowledge that i was going somewhere nice after i died would really lift my day. But, i'm a scientist at heart, and i don't believe, so there you go.

ButtersB

BLoTt0_AI

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

Jesus arrived in a spaceship.

pepsik

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »

Jesus is the name of my gardener, he has a wife named Maria and 2 kids. I think one of the kids is named Jesus Jr.

He's not a great man, he's not the son of god, not really a prophet either. If anything I'd say he was a hard worker.

rms2001

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (moistness @ Aug 19 2004, 05:09 AM)
So why start the argument??

moistness, was the question directed at you? No, I don't think so. The qurstion was to nagmine.

therebelious1

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (nagmine @ Aug 19 2004, 06:48 PM)
uhh theres always been tons of proof that jesus was infact a real person.  If you actully read the bible it will show you facts that actully happened back in those days.

so if i write a book about some completely fictional character, but throw in some historical and present day facts, does that make the character real?

whenever anyone asks any holy-joly to prove jesus existed, or that the bible is true, they always say read the bible- it doesnt make any sense sad.gif

the proper response would be- the belief in jesus is a matter of entirely blind faith

do any of the ever increasing bible-basher population on this site have any idea on how many men, woman and children were put to death "in the name of god" in the old testament?

want an eyeopener (or rather earopener)? listen to some lectures by "infidelguy"

edit: just found this quote- not sure where its originally from tho
"Religion is a primitive form of crowd control that got way out of hand"
rotfl.gif

therebelious1

• Archived User
Who Is Jesus To You?
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

tongue.gif
Tool- Opiate

Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow
what you need is someone strong to guide you..
like me
like me.
If you want to get your soul to heaven
trust in me .
Don't you judge or question.
You are broken now
but faith can heal you.
Just do everything I tell you to do.

Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow 
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My Gods will
becomes me.
When he speaks,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes, blind me with your light.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10