xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Who Is Sick Of Religous Shit Arsed Arguments?  (Read 279 times)

thomes08

• Archived User
Who Is Sick Of Religous Shit Arsed Arguments?
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

Jesusphreak how do you know all your stories, if true, weren't the work of aliens studying our behavior?

jesusphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

The evidence supporting alien abductions is probably more substantial that the support of instant healings, demons, and angels. Does that mean alien abductions are real?

Jesusphreak how do you know all your stories, if true, weren't the work of aliens studying our behavior?

If these aliens are really behind all of this, as you say, they're pretty messed up little buggers (lol, for lack of a better word). Nearly every single alien abduction has to do with some form of painful experimentation, or something that caused almost every single abductee some form of lasting emotional or physical pain.

I honestly believe that UFOs really are nothing more than the work of demons. The stories are just too similar. What is Satan out to do? Destroy us. What do these aliens seem to be interested in, destroying us, causing us pain.

If they are real, we're screwed plain and simple, as obviously their technology is ten times more advanced than ours.

I'm not hear to explain what I've had nothing to do with. I'm hear to explain what I've seen in my on life. I'm hear to explain a God that is very real.

Simply put, no arguing of mine is going to change your minds. It's between you and God. I will tell you that I know God is real, I KNOW he exists, and I KNOW that he works in my life day after day.

All I can say besides that is if you really want to know if he does exist, if he is real, just give him a chance. Tell him you want to meet him.

It's simple. That's all I'm here to do, not to prove you wrong, or to say a lot of things that you guys would never believe (which I've done).

Jesus Christ died for you, and he loves you, but that's really all I can say. It's up to you to do the rest.....

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »

Because my story, though maybe unbelievable, is true.

jesusphreak, you're being arrogant.  Your story is somehow authoritatively true?  How do you know?  Were you there?  You say I'm lacking facts.  I didn't provide any concrete facts, but I at least provided speculation based on factual evidence.  My point was to show you and anyone reading this thread that you're willing to reject any belief other than your own, expecting us to belief empty arguments.  Your speculations are a based on a vague story that we're just supposed to swallow?

But my "story", which is actually a hypothesis, is immediately incorrect?  I spent many years in communion, confirmation, and genuine faith.  The catholic church shunned my family as a result of divorce, effectively enlightening me.  I realized that organized religion is essentially a fallable belief system created by man.  If I'm destined to meet God, I will.  In the meantime, I will remain a very scientific, but open-minded person.  If the just and omnipotent God appreciates my morals and values, I'm sure he'll let me know.  Until then, I'm my own man.  No, I'm not a heathen... but in this day and age full of deceipt, I need some reassurance.  So far, you haven't provided me with any.

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »

no, my story is true.  (that works doesn't it?)

i was gonna actually do a serious responne but tUP did it for me

thomes08

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

I would say that for the same reason extra-terrestrial life is likely, we will never see them.

The universe is large beyond grasp or reason.  Personally, I see it only to be naive (or short-sighted) to discard the idea of ETs.  

But here's my primary point.  Due to the fact that humans have, and will only exist, for a very short time, in retrospect, our reign of the planet doesn't even compare to the age of Earth (or the solar system, galaxy, etc).  So, basically, I have no doubts that ET life exists somewhere, but the chance of meeting them in the same part of the universe at the same time is incredibly unlikely.

Exige_

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (skeen @ Aug 11 2004, 08:31 AM)
He was simply pointing out a fact that Jehovah's Witnesses don't support war, he wasn't preaching to anybody.  You don't have to be religious to be knowledgeable and curious about religion(s). In fact I think allot of those who are part of a specific religion  have an even less understanding of other religions other than their own. I for one am not religious, however I know quite allot about Christianity and the bible because I find it interesting.
I know Jehovah's witnesses have never supported any wars ever. I don't know of any other Christian religions that can say the same.

the crusades ha, big war. christian driven.

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (SmallBusinessGuy @ Aug 14 2004, 01:22 AM)
You guys are fucking thought nazis quit trying to program people to think like you. A lot of you guys need your asses kicked.

beerchug.gif  Well said sir!! beerchug.gif

Oldmanjoe

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »

dry.gif.

Not to say I'm an athiest... But ya know.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2004, 06:12:00 PM »

cool.gif aliens more tangible.  There are some decent photos and other material supporting the idea of aliens reaching Earth, but I find it extremely difficult to believe.  A species intelligent enough for safe space travel wouldn't be abducting random idiots for torturous tests.  Why study the same species over and over again, one by one?  They would either wipe us out, or make intelligent contact.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2004, 12:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional)
There are some decent photos and other material supporting the idea of aliens reaching Earth, but I find it extremely difficult to believe. A species intelligent enough for safe space travel wouldn't be abducting random idiots for torturous tests. Why study the same species over and over again, one by one? They would either wipe us out, or make intelligent contact.

hear, hear!

I don't beleive any of the abduction stories.  They just don't add up.  Some people have psychological problems, and most of these 'abductees' are backwood hicks who probably have the worst brain damage.
Haunted houses and ghosts are a joke too.  I have to laugh when the 'experts' pick up there electromagnetic activity detectors and show the levels are changing. laugh.gif yep, that's modern science folks, give a hand for the ghostbusters!

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »

Also why would they want to make contact with a spicies that has just emerged from the stone age and is still happly going around murdering there own kind for gread?

To advance their race, just as we explore space to advance our own.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2004, 01:06:00 AM »

Seriously why would they wipe us out? Just because a civilization has superior technology doesn't mean they go round zapping everything in sight.

Actually, I said they'd either wipe us out OR make intelligent contact.  Why would they abduct a few assholes and leave without further exploration.  If they were aggressive, they'd wipe us out.  if not, they'd make contact... REAL contact.

But this argument is all for not... there are no aliens visiting earth.

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2004, 03:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (jesusphreak @ Aug 19 2004, 06:06 AM)

I'm not asking you to try organized religion. That's what I'm wanting to get away from. Organized religion is the worst thing in the world. It's what produced the Crusades, it's what produced the Untouchable class in India, it's what has produced Islamic terrorists, etc, etc....

All of this was the work of man and not God. Like I've said before. christianity is not religion. Religion is man attempting to reach God (and obviously failing in so many different ways, and Christianity is God reaching man.

You reall never will have the chance to know God unless you give him the chance. If you are being so open minded that you say, I'll just wait for God to come to me, or I'll just hope that I'm right, you are really just being close minded, in that you really won't give it a chance.

God's already made an attempt to reach you, you just have to accept that.

Christ's love, jesusphreak....

Read the topic at the top of the page, to you it means shut up!! wink.gif

nagmine

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

laugh.gif  also the fact is i think its fine specialy since well this is the Politics, News and Religion section of the forums. If you dont wana read about religion then dont come to this section of the forums simple as that.  I mean i personly think its dumb to arguements about politics .... but you dont see me posting a thread like this  do you? Some people are confused about religion and they will argue ... so get over it.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »

I wasnt goint to post again but Jesusphreak is too funny.

How about the villagers being scared of lions or other big cats???
I think you have taken too much LSD it fucks with your brain, you are seing things which arent there. Its classic symptons.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]