xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Democracy In The Middle East......  (Read 66 times)

Banj

• Archived User
Democracy In The Middle East......
« on: July 05, 2004, 01:04:00 AM »

Let's forget about the whole debacle of falsehoods that got us into Iraq in the first place (WMD's, Al Queda links) and debate the 'new' reason for this great and noble undertaking, i.e. to bring democracy to the middle east. I can see a few faux pas with this latest motivation.

1, It implies that the any non-democratic government is in danger of being toppled by the coalition and this is simply imperialism.

2, The coalition chose to ignore the protests of the U.N., a democracy to which it itself belongs, surely hipocritical.

3, The coalition countries have questionable democracy to begin with and so the democratic process they 'install' in Iraq will be similarly flawed.

I've watched Fahrenheit 9-11 and wasn't impressed, the cinema posters are very telling of the seriousness with which it should be approched, therefore please don't bring Micheal Moore into this thread. I am just curious as to your opinions on what the next step will be should the coalition decide to stick to this latest motivation for invading a foreign country.