xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: A Little Bit About Me  (Read 656 times)

OrkanMan

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« on: July 03, 2004, 05:55:00 PM »

Jesusphreak:  Bible prophecy is abosutely amazing.  Do you ever watch Hal Lindsey or Jack Van Impe?  Both are bible scholars and their shows are so cool to watch because they actually can show where the bible talks about events of today.

Ween311

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »

That's awesome.  I truely commend you for the work you do.  Not many people are willing to give selflessly of their time.  Keep it up, you can make a change.

OrkanMan

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

JesusPhreak:  Here's a little bit of inspiration for you...

Ever heard of Ted Dibiase?  He was wrestling's Million Dollar Man.  I recently listened to him give his testimony at a small church nearby.  He is a very, very good public speaker and definetly one of the most interesting people I've ever met in my life.  He was very honest and sincere about what has happened in his life and the mistakes he has made in the past.  He told of how his life changed and what he's been up to since then, but what really surprised me was the part where he talked about how he travels from city to city giving his testimony.  As it turns out, he's back to being an average man.  In fact, in his own words, "I'm trying to get my son through college."  But, he wants to reach out to young people so much that he is actually willing to pay for all the expenses that it takes to get him from one church to the next.  The airfare, hotels, etc. are all coming out of his pocket.

Now I know, he was the Million Dollar Man.  But consider this, the church I saw him at only had about 50-75 people in the congregation.  It was a very small church.  Yet, he still took the time to come and share his testimony.

Now there's a guy who truly believes in his faith in God.

jesusphreak

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »

wow, that's actually really cool.... smile.gif

OrkanMan

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »

Hey I'll hear any stories you have to tell.  Like we said, this stuff is very interesting.

nemt

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 05:25:00 AM »

Do you go to one of those churches where they sing, and then some guy says he can heal your broken leg if you donate money to "the church?"

Wolfblade12

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

personally i dont see the use in God and stuff...
but i like it that you do voluntary work (it is, isnt it?)
good job! beerchug.gif

AnThRaX

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 07:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Jul 4 2004, 08:25 AM)
Do you go to one of those churches where they sing, and then some guy says he can heal your broken leg if you donate money to "the church?"

"I Have THE POWER"

OrkanMan

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

I've gotta say that people have been expecting the second coming of Christ to be "around the corner" for centuries.

You're actually right.  But, think about this bible verse:

Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

Key phrase:  "every eye shall see him"

This would never have been possible untill satellites and television was invented.

Wolfblade12

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »

hahahhaha lol rotfl.gif  jester.gif
it means that everyone CAN (not will) see him, even if you dont believe him, or crucified him.

iwinulose

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

i dont believe in religion at all
but i think its great that u can do good things for people because of wat u believe in
keep up the good work  smile.gif

Colonel32

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

I'm sure some of you have logical reasons dealing with issues for not believing in Christianity. What are they? I had a lot, too, but now I can't help but to know with my mind, my heart, and my soul that Jesus Christ is who he says he is.....

What are your reasons?

Because I took Theology and learned too much about it.  I couldn't continue to be what I think is illogical.  My only problems with religion are War and Creationists. Every other aspect of it is good in my opinion as long as it's not abused or taken literally. Religion should be a philosophy not an ideology -  Although Jesus seemed to misunderstand this,  I respect Jesus for what he was trying to do.

I believe in A God but not your God...

My God would have nothing to do with scripture like Leviticus

jesusphreak

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »

Because I took Theology and learned too much about it. I couldn't continue to be what I think is illogical. My only problems with religion are War and Creationists. Every other aspect of it is good in my opinion as long as it's not abused or taken literally. Religion should be a philosophy not an ideology - Although Jesus seemed to misunderstand this, I respect Jesus for what he was trying to do.

I believe in A God but not your God...

My God would have nothing to do with scripture like Leviticus

So you believe in your own little idea of God....

God in a box????

SO you seem to think that Jesus, despite the absolute impace that he has made on society misunderstood all of this?

He must also have misunderstood who he was.

In John 8, he is quoted as saying, "Before Abraham was, I AM." The man called himself God. Either he was absolutely insane, or he was evil, if he wasn't who he said he was. For you to even follow part of what a mentally insane man or a man who intentionally led thousands astray is crazy in itself......

I really don't think you understand Leviticus. Yes, Leviticus is a bunch of rules, however, I believe there is very good reason for a lot of it. SOme commands (such as to not eat swine) were for health reasons - swine in those days could have bacteria that could kill a person. Infact, you'll find a lot of these laws that seem very restricting were for health reasons, and they were actually very genius.

Other laws that might seem ridiculous today (such as not wearing tatoos, or mixing the fabric in your clothing) were for very good reason. God told the Israelites (I am holy, so you too must be holy). Holy means to be set apart. The Israelites were to be completely different from the nations surrounding them. They were now different, and they were to show this.

Does your god heal broken limbs and the dying, does he change lives 180 degrees, does he give prophecy that literally comes true? Does this god that you want to fit into a box do this kind of stuff? Mine does, and I've seen some of it.....

You will never understand God if you try to define him and learn all you can about him. Christ wanted us to know God in a relational form - to communicate directly with God and to have fellowship with him. You are always gonna run into trouble trying to put an infinite God outside of space and time into this little box that you think suits him right.....

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

I think witht the book of Leviticus, as well as some other book sof the old testament,...you would have to take it with a grain of salt.  These were accurate with the times.  Remember people were still making animal sacrifices, and God had wiped out the entire planet with the great Flood.  So what god was trying to do was instruct the people of those days how to live.   They didn't have Jesus, nor did they have the holy spirit, plus only the priests could pray as well.
And If you don't beleive in Creation, that is you right.  You can easily ignore all the scientific evidence as well as logic offered against Theistic/Athiestic Evolution.  Hell, scientists loking for grants and teachers who worship Darwinist thinking all buy into, so why wouldn't the norm be acceptable?  Igonrance is bliss, they say.

To jsphreak...
aren't you the one I see on Halo PC (demo) online under "JSFreaK" ??  The one who always says" read the bible!" ?
thx

nemt

• Archived User
A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »

Protestants are largely trash, are you sure you've made the right choice about how you're going to follow jesus?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11