xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: What The Liberal Media Doesn't Tell You  (Read 487 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
What The Liberal Media Doesn't Tell You
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »

umm, no, ill go get the statement from my book at school, ill ask the teacher and then ill ask my pricipal (whose a priest)

thats one of the requirements for a just war (according to the church)
it must be a war of defense, or else we could go out and attack anyone

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ May 18 2004, 07:37 PM)
umm, no, ill go get the statement from my book at school, ill ask the teacher and then ill ask my pricipal (whose a priest)

thats one of the requirements for a just war (according to the church)
it must be a war of defense, or else we could go out and attack anyone

Either your book and teacher are incorrect, or you're very confused, or both.  I outlined the entire just war theory above, you don't know anyone who knows more about catholicism than I do, including your priest principal.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

Both...  laugh.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

yea everyone, nemt is smarter then both a book and a school teacher with a phd.....

anyways, everyone, and that means everyone, in this war is innocent

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »

is the geneva convention important to you nemt?

or are we above such annoying things?

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »

nemt pwns you all  laugh.gif

He has provided me countless times with entertainment, not only with his points of view, but the hostile reactions everyone posts in their rebuttles...

nemt I thank you for the entertainment...

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2004, 04:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ May 18 2004, 09:15 PM)
yea everyone, nemt is smarter then both a book and a school teacher with a phd.....

Well, apparently I know more about the just war theory than he does.

Or much more likely, you're just making things up based loosely on something he said to you.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2004, 08:41:00 AM »

nemt i want you to answer these 2 questions please.
I just want to understand your point of view.

Q1.  If the civillians are better treated under coallition forces rather than Saddam (something i question as having an irqi as a best firend allows me to find out what is going on in baghdad from an iraqi point of view). How do you feel about the fact America has supported brutal dicatators for years and even put Saddam in power?

Q2.  How can continuesly bombing baghdad with heavy artillery including cluster bombs and 11,000 civillians dead be classed as succesfully protecting civillians?

Q3.  You say over a million civillians murdered is a just reason for war. What do you think about the 4 million vietnamese and cambodia civillians US troop killed?
and what part do you think the us sanctions on iraq played in these deaths?

(Saddam has not killed a million civillians btw)

I would like to hear your response.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »

o shit nemt, im sorry, the requirement is it can only be fought against an unjust action (its along those lines), and in laymens terms, it ultimately means defense......

and yes, do answer melon's questions without saying "your all a bunch of kids, learn to spell, liberal fags hahahahaha!!!111!!"

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (melon @ May 19 2004, 12:41 PM)
nemt i want you to answer these 2 questions please.
I just want to understand your point of view.

Looks to me like you've given me three questions, does that mean I only need to answer two, or do you just have poor memory/counting ability?

Q1.  If the civillians are better treated under coallition forces rather than Saddam (something i question as having an irqi as a best firend allows me to find out what is going on in baghdad from an iraqi point of view). How do you feel about the fact America has supported brutal dicatators for years and even put Saddam in power?

I don't think the US should go out of its way to support "brutal dictators," but the era you're referring to is an era where the world had a much bigger threat than islamists and radicals.  In any event, Saddam deposed to legitimate Iraqi monarchy, his coup was not aided by the United States, and if anything, it's Britains fault.  You're probably confusing Saddam's rise to power with the Iraq/Iran War, which occurred decades later.  The enemy of your enemy is your friend, that's the first rule of foreign policy.  In addition to minor funding, independent corporations leased or sold military equipment to Iraq, but not anywhere near the amount or capabilities of the equipment provided by France and the former Soviet Union.  Hindsight is also 20/20, as many of Saddam's atrocities only became apparent in the past few years.

Q2.  How can continuesly bombing baghdad with heavy artillery including cluster bombs and 11,000 civillians dead be classed as succesfully protecting civillians?

It was Saddam's choice to base military units in the cities, not the coalition's.  Every attempt was made to use smaller ordinance munitions to minimize civilian casualties, and the civilian death toll for the entire war up until now has been less than any single attack on the Kurds or Shiites.

Q3.  You say over a million civillians murdered is a just reason for war. What do you think about the 4 million vietnamese and cambodia civillians US troop killed?
and what part do you think the us sanctions on iraq played in these deaths?

I don't think there was any reason to go to war in Viet Nam, and I think the civilian death toll is a testament to what happens when troops lose all morale and respect for their commanding body.  This is one of the first, but not the last time Democrats blunder foreign policy over and over.  As for the US Sanctions on Iraq, I really don't see how that has anything to do with Indochinese casualties, but I assume you just worded the question incorrectly.  The sanctions were imposed by the UN, and through the Oil for Food program, which the Annan family funnelled millions of dollars from, was supposed to keep the people of Iraq from starving.  Bear in mind, it all would have ended early, had Saddam cooperated.  The Arab League also defended Saddam until the 11th hour and prevented any sort of inter-council negotiation.

(Saddam has not killed a million civillians btw)

There have been over half a million already found in mass graves, what are the odds these are the only civilians killed by Saddam?

I would like to hear your response.

And I'd like to hear how you spin my words, clown.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »

wait wait wait, how he'll spin YOUR words  jester.gif  jester.gif  laugh.gif

that shit is funny

anyways, whats the difference between why we went to vietnam and why we went to iraq (dont say WMD, thats pure bullshit)
if it was to get rid of a brutal dictator or for the appeasement of the people, there both similar (although the amount of people that wanted us in those countries is different), i mean fuck, monks were burning themselves to protest the gov.
so if vietnam was a democratic blunder, iraq is a republican blunder, go figure  rolleyes.gif

anyways, i love how alot of what you say is opinionated and has no backing to it (none that you provide) but when other people provide sources for thier argument you say its all liberal bullshit or that persons source is dead wrong
you must be some kind of genuis to know everything  jester.gif

o and if you want to, correct my spelling for me as i ride the special, short bus

BloodyMary

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ May 19 2004, 05:08 PM)
o and if you want to, correct my spelling for me as i ride the special, short bus

Save me a seat...

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

wink.gif )

as a taster my girlfriend studied a masters in international relations. hes fesis ( laugh.gif ) woz aboutt the food for oil program (even the name of it is fucked up) wee will take your oyl and giv u a loaf of braed.
im off to bed. im fuckin knackered (i spelt it phonetically 1st but it spells naked)

muerte

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

food for oil was a good thing.  saddam didn't give the food & money to the people... he's the only asshole around here.  what they had to offer was oil, we had food.  what's wrong with a simple trade?  exactly...

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

well if we knew the food wasnt going to reach the people, why continue trading with them? after all we dont trade with castro.....

o wait, because were pussy whipped by oil, thats why
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7