xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: What The Liberal Media Doesn't Tell You  (Read 486 times)

nemt

• Archived User
What The Liberal Media Doesn't Tell You
« on: May 16, 2004, 06:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (Marine Corps News)
While leading his platoon north on Highway 1 toward Ad Diwaniyah, Chontosh's platoon moved into a coordinated ambush of mortars, rocket propelled grenades and automatic weapons fire. With coalition tanks blocking the road ahead, he realized his platoon was caught in a kill zone.

He had his driver move the vehicle through a breach along his flank, where he was immediately taken under fire from an entrenched machine gun. Without hesitation, Chontosh ordered the driver to advance directly at the enemy position, enabling his .50 caliber machine gunner to silence the enemy.

He then directed his driver into the enemy trench, where he exited his vehicle and began to clear the trench with an M16A2 service rifle and 9 millimeter pistol. His ammunition depleted, Chontosh, with complete disregard for his safety, twice picked up discarded enemy rifles and continued his ferocious attack.

When a Marine following him found an enemy rocket propelled grenade launcher, Chontosh used it to destroy yet another group of enemy soldiers.

When his audacious attack ended, he had cleared over 200 meters of the enemy trench, killing more than 20 enemy soldiers and wounding several others.

http://www.usmc.mil/...ef/200456162723

You can also read about how Americans apparently care more about prisoners who would kill them and their families if given the chance, who hate america, being "abused," than a hero defending his countrymen.  Sounds kind of strange doesn't it?  It's because it is, the liberal media only reports what they want to public to hear about, to shape the political image they desire.

http://snopes.com/po...ry/chontosh.asp

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 07:11:00 AM »

That has nothing to do with the libral media, ever notice on your local news you hear more about robberys and other crimes than nice storys about people helping the community? Its because thats what people what to hear, they expect the good things to happen but want to hear about the bad.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 07:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hercules Q Einstein @ May 16 2004, 11:11 AM)
That has nothing to do with the libral media, ever notice on your local news you hear more about robberys and other crimes than nice storys about people helping the community? Its because thats what people what to hear, they expect the good things to happen but want to hear about the bad.

The first part of your statement is only partially true.  There's plenty of positive human interest stories in local news, but they are rarer in many communities than crime.  On a national level, heroism and valor in the war are MUCH more common than american casualties and prison "abuse," but which do you hear about?

cainedna

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »

OMFG! My entire political belief system is in turmoil? Are you insinuating that there are actually genuinely respectable soldiers? I had no idea?
This solider is pretty obviously a hero. That only makes me more proud of the country I'm coming back to in a week or so. While I don't equate more dead with heroism, on the scale of what a solider can do, he's certainly gone beyond expectations.
Don't think that makes the abuses unimportant, though. Whether it was a few or many soldiers acting inappropriately, it leaves a much bigger impression about the United States on the rest of the world, especially the part that we should be most concerned about. I'm sure Hitler did a number of good things for Germany as well.</hyperbole>

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

why would someone killing a bunch of people in a rambo type attack make me even more proud of this country or of our army???

i just remembered something while i was sleeping in class, this war is totally immoral and theres no ethical or moral basis behind it, as it doesnt meet the Just cuases for war (theres 5 of them if i remember correctly, and this war sure in hell does not meet all 5 of them)

on that note, once again, wow, i feel so much more pride to a military that boasts itself on how many and in what fashion people were killed
rotfl.gif  jester.gif

HeLiuM

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (cainedna @ May 17 2004, 02:53 AM)
I'm not proud of the people who sent this guy to Iraq, but I do believe that soldiers have a purpose, and he did an impressive job in that capacity.

You're proud hat your country has the superior killing machine?
Bravery is a good thing, but don't equate that with a large body count.  I'm not denouncing the soldiers bravery, but there are many of those enemies that would show the same sort of dedication. If one were to show a similiar combat prowess,  should iraqis be proud of their country for it?  I don't blame the soldier by any means, but I don't see why he would be congratulated for causing the most deaths.  If you want to be proud of him for doing what he feels is right, by all means do it.  But don't be proud of him for filling up the nearest morgue with the other side in an unjust war.

Great use of word choice by the marine corp by the way.  He used an rpg to "destroy" enemies.

IndieSnob

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

Whether you agree with the war or not, and I think it's well known I don't support it, the soldier saved others soldiers lives, so that they didn't have to come home to their family's in flag draped coffins. To me there should be no political agenda, from the left or right to this story, bottom line is he saved his fellow troops lives, and so it's only right that he is awarded this medal.

As to the original posters why wouldn't the liberal media tell us this is, this allready has been on most every newsast I have seen, from local to nationial media. Fox didn't show it anymore then CNN, so does that make them wrong also? As previously posted the bad always outweighs the good on the news, and always will.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

yea, his act of bravery saved those soldiers, but the amount of people he killed didnt.
technically, everyone in this war is innocent, both iraqi insurgents and us marines, so they dont need to emphasize how many innocent people that soldier killed  wink.gif

BloodyMary

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ May 17 2004, 04:01 PM)
technically, everyone in this war is innocent

huh.gif

I'm hoping that perhaps you will thoroughly elaborate on that statement... I don't think I'm getting what your are saying...

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

The Iraqis are more innocent than us. We have invaded another country. They are indigonous to that country and have every rite to defend it. If you think about it we are defending our countries by attacking Iraq (the logic escapes me), so if it is okay for Allied forces to kill Iraqi's in "defence" why isnt it okay for Iraqi's to kil our invading troops in actual defence?
(bloody M those remarks were done in humour)

We should go one further because under the Geneva convention we are under obligation to uphold certain standards

Article 3

In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

This has been ignored! It is documented that soldiers have gont to an adress to arrest a man suspected of cohorting with terrorist groups, he hasnt been at home so they have arrested his nieghbour.

© Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment;

hmmmm

Chapter IV. Precautionary measures

Art. 57. Precautions in attack

1. In the conduct of military operations, constant care shall be taken to spare the civilian population, civilians and civilian objects.

2. With respect to attacks, the following precautions shall be taken: (a) those who plan or decide upon an attack shall: (i) do everything feasible to verify that the objectives to be attacked are neither civilians nor civilian objects and are not subject to special protection but are military objectives within the meaning of paragraph 2 of Article 52 and that it is not prohibited by the provisions of this Protocol to attack them; (ii) take all feasible precautions in the choice of means and methods of attack with a view to avoiding, and in any event to minimizing, incidental loss or civilian life, injury to civilians and damage to civilian objects; (iii) refrain from deciding to launch any attack which may be expected to cause incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects, or a combination thereof, which would be excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated;

I dont think DU ammunitions and cluster bombs fit in with this.

between 9,000 and 11,000 civillian deaths
for proof http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

what is Americas position on this?
The quote on the top of the page in the link says it all.

I am not saying Iraqi insurgents are sticking to the geneva convention but they havnt got the weaponary we have, how are they supposed to fight us?
We are meant to be morally superior, if we are not we have no rite to "liberate" anybody.

edit: ballsed up the gramma

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

BloodyMary

maybe you havnt taken Christian Morality, or dont remember, or never learned this concept, but under the church (and god, and morally and socially and every other view) theres 5 (might be 6, i cant remember) criterias that must be met for a Just, and ultimately, right war, and unless all 5 are met, everyone in the war is innocent, and killing them is essentially the same as going into a mall and shooting random people

so, thats how were killing innocent people

BloodyMary

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ May 18 2004, 05:52 PM)
maybe you havnt taken Christian Morality

or maybe I'm just not a perfect Christian... (really.. who's a perfect follower of their religion [no matter what it is] anyway).

I understand what you are saying and partially agree with it... however, I believe that you are interpreting the scriptures (or what ever you are interpreting) with a biased that leans towards your own human point of view...

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ May 18 2004, 05:52 PM)
BloodyMary

maybe you havnt taken Christian Morality, or dont remember, or never learned this concept, but under the church (and god, and morally and socially and every other view) theres 5 (might be 6, i cant remember) criterias that must be met for a Just, and ultimately, right war, and unless all 5 are met, everyone in the war is innocent, and killing them is essentially the same as going into a mall and shooting random people

so, thats how were killing innocent people

Oh please, either you support the church or you don't.  You liberals can't go preaching abortion and gay marriage, then try to hide behind the just war theory.  It's just like Michael Moore protesting the 2nd ammendment, then hiding behind the 1st to support his radical views.

The Just War Theory also applies much more to the wars of older times than today, as it's based upon principles from a different era.  Just to be fair though:

A just war can only be waged as a last resort.

Saddam was given over a decade to cooperate.

A war is just only if it is waged by a legitimate authority. 

The coalition governments are all legitimate bodies on local and global levels.

A just war can only be fought to redress a wrong suffered.

Over a million civilians murdered, I'd say that's a wrong suffered.

A war can only be just if it is fought with a reasonable chance of success.

I think the capital city falling in under a month pretty much proves the coalition had a reasonable chance of success, not like it's suprising to anyone.

The ultimate goal of a just war is to re-establish peace.

This one is tricky, as a lot of islamist activity probably would have been avoided had the war not gone on, however, civilians would still be oppressed, and Saddam would still be an imminent threat to the stability of the region, if he were still in power.

The violence used in the war must be proportional to the injury suffered.

The peacekeeping force is almost entirely reactionary.

The weapons used in war must discriminate between combatants and non-combatants. Civilians are never permissible targets of war, and every effort must be taken to avoid killing civilians.

Civilians are treated better by the invaders than by their own government.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

nemt, you also forgot the big one, a war must be for absolute defense, and it cant be a "well he might attack sometime"
either he attacked and you're defending yourself, or its not just

and bloody marry, it wasnt a scripture, and i learned it in school (one of the things i do partially remember)

nemt, i love how everyone is a liberal or a kid or a fag or person who cant type english correct on an online forum to you....i dont even know what a liberal is, im just posting because of my own, unbiased, uninfluenced views on the war, i dont even care who wins, even if castro himself ran for president

and when you were comparing the points of a just war, you weren't even using basis, your just saying what you want
i guess having iraqis form sexual positions naked is treating them better......
and america and UK might be legitime, but in a state of world like this, legitime would more preferrably mean the UN, as, unlike the past, wars now a days affect most of the world (back in the middle ages, wars barley affected other, non involved countries)

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ May 18 2004, 07:08 PM)
nemt, you also forgot the big one, a war must be for absolute defense, and it cant be a "well he might attack sometime"
either he attacked and you're defending yourself, or its not just

What are you talking about?  Do you even know what the just war theory is?

You have yet to know what you're talking about, in any topic on this forum, ever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7