xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: U.s. Forces Have Captured Saddam Hussein  (Read 1285 times)

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
U.s. Forces Have Captured Saddam Hussein
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »

All we have is hope. all anyone has...

dazdastardly

• Archived User
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2003, 03:12:00 AM »

in Great Britain we have a 'Monster Raving Looney Party'.... rock on i say

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2003, 07:24:00 AM »

the only reason the horse metaphor is NOT analagous, is because at some point, the Green party could win. Now if you're horse were a shapshifter that grew more powerful when more people hoped it would win, then yes, I agree. Currently, the Green party will lose. The idea is to show that they have my vote, so that others know, "hey, they got some votes, if I give my vote, I won't be throwing it away."

The current two party bs we have is very frustrating. Bif business owns both the parties. As far as the corporations are concerned, it matter not whether you vote repub or demo.

Look, my biggest problem is this. The rich don't pay equal taxes. Green party pushes for a flat 10% rate. Could you imagine a world with an IRS that was less powerful? Where there were maybe two tax forms? Adn where the rich had to pay an equal and fair amount? Go Green!

ehb

self

• Archived User
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2003, 08:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (lookformeb @ Dec 21 2003, 05:46 AM)
2.  I'm not gonna bitch about the leaders of my country.  It's pointless.
3.  Political discussions are pointless also.  Debating politics is liek debating religion... a complete waste of time.

Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

Lotmr

• Archived User
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2003, 10:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (AlphaWolf @ Dec 17 2003, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (Lotmr @ Dec 17 2003, 10:29 AM)
and I dont like the majority of Americans I meet its like you have misguided patriotism drilled into your brains from day 1,
kinda makes me think about 1982 (the book)

Know that little feeling in your chest you get when you say that? That emotion is called jealousy. It's what happens when you run across somebody who is so much more successful than yourself, that you feel anger towards them because they unintentionally make you realize your own inadequacy. Try not to hold that anger against people who you don't even know.

Hmmm, jealousy? Really? I guess my perfect A reports in private school arent good enough! I have to try and be more sucessful! Really you're much more sucessful then me? Do tell....or shut your face.

Lotmr

• Archived User
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

As my last comment to this thread,

Self has the right idea (at least in my mind)

Alphawolf needs some diversity and some real facts (it seems he's just grasping for some excuse), you said you have been out of the US, where BTW?

BenJeremy has the right idea for making a pro-war point (even if i dont agree)

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #216 on: December 24, 2003, 12:20:00 AM »

So is it official?
The biggest thread on XS ever award

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #217 on: December 24, 2003, 06:42:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

drunkmunk

• Archived User
« Reply #218 on: December 25, 2003, 02:12:00 AM »

sleeping.gif  It's kind of funny how people like to bitch but do absolutely NOTHING to make a difference. You've got your French peacenics decrying the war and how terrible the U.S. is handling this whole situtation yet they refuse to send troops they just want a piece of the 18 billion dollar contracts that the U.S. is shelling out to help rebuild Iraq. Of course they want to try and make some money back because they had heavy trade with Iraq. I dare somebody to disclaim this I've been through ass loads of markets here and they all have French or German products. Coincidence? probably not. The French government likes to decry our actions and use not wanting to go to war as an excuse when the truth of the matter is they had much more to gain by keeping Iraq down and sanctioned on a "food for oil" campaign. It's kind of funny that they decry America for coming in after oil yet their own government was banking on the fact that Iraq had to sell them oil for cheap.

Hoppy

• Archived User
« Reply #219 on: December 25, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (self @ Dec 25 2003, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (drunkmunk @ Dec 25 2003, 11:12 AM)
I read through about 90% of this thread and all I can say is wow... people like to bash the U.S. what a suprise.  sleeping.gif  It's kind of funny how people like to bitch but do absolutely NOTHING to make a difference. You've got your French peacenics decrying the war and how terrible the U.S. is handling this whole situtation yet they refuse to send troops they just want a piece of the 18 billion dollar contracts that the U.S. is shelling out to help rebuild Iraq. Of course they want to try and make some money back because they had heavy trade with Iraq. I dare somebody to disclaim this I've been through ass loads of markets here and they all have French or German products. Coincidence? probably not. The French government likes to decry our actions and use not wanting to go to war as an excuse when the truth of the matter is they had much more to gain by keeping Iraq down and sanctioned on a "food for oil" campaign. It's kind of funny that they decry America for coming in after oil yet their own government was banking on the fact that Iraq had to sell them oil for cheap.

If you've read through this thread and only been able to say that people like to bash the us, you have not been listening. What is wrong with this war has been brought up lots of times already, and I won't go over it again.

Money and economy should not be a reason to go to war. Thousands are killed, and hate is spread. The economy of USA and France should not be reason for going or not going to war against Iraq. However, as I said, it was. It was not for weapons of mass destruction, and it was not for humanitarian reasons.

Out of all the opinions in this thread, I value drunkmunk's the most.  But what would he know, he's only on the front lines in Iraq and all.   dry.gif

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #220 on: December 25, 2003, 11:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (drunkmunk @ Dec 25 2003, 12:12 PM)
I read through about 90% of this thread and all I can say is wow... people like to bash the U.S. what a suprise.  sleeping.gif  It's kind of funny how people like to bitch but do absolutely NOTHING to make a difference. You've got your French peacenics decrying the war and how terrible the U.S. is handling this whole situtation yet they refuse to send troops they just want a piece of the 18 billion dollar contracts that the U.S. is shelling out to help rebuild Iraq. Of course they want to try and make some money back because they had heavy trade with Iraq. I dare somebody to disclaim this I've been through ass loads of markets here and they all have French or German products. Coincidence? probably not. The French government likes to decry our actions and use not wanting to go to war as an excuse when the truth of the matter is they had much more to gain by keeping Iraq down and sanctioned on a "food for oil" campaign. It's kind of funny that they decry America for coming in after oil yet their own government was banking on the fact that Iraq had to sell them oil for cheap.

I honestly agree with you on some points about the French in regards to the food for oil program,  but the media and you, for some reason has led the french to take the fall for this because they were the most suspect - why the hell does everyone hate the french so much when the majority of countries disagreed with this war

With your frontline knowledge what did the other countries have to gain?

There is  also nothing immoral or illegal with the french selling non arms to iraq (and gas masks and night vision goggles are not arms) ........ the US sold arms  - The french bought oil and sold pipes and got screwed out of several of millions of dollars in this process.

So what if the germans and french traded with iraq, whats your point? Everyone was on board when the war was against terrorism

muggs

• Archived User
« Reply #221 on: December 26, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (self @ Dec 25 2003, 10:40 AM)
Money and economy should not be a reason to go to war.

But more often then not it is. Whether it was oil, weapons or humanitarian I don't care I am glad Saddam is out of power, by the way did anyone know US forces captured him?

beerchug.gif VOTE BUSH IN 2004 beerchug.gif

muggs

daviefresh1775

• Archived User
« Reply #222 on: December 27, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »

well i wont go into a long and heated debate about this.  I dont agree with going to war, and i most definitely will NOT vote for bush, even if it means not voting.

muggs

• Archived User
« Reply #223 on: December 27, 2003, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (self @ Dec 27 2003, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (muggs @ Dec 27 2003, 02:12 AM)
But more often then not it is.

I can't belive you accept that muggs.

I don't like it at all. What I meant was if you look back through history more wars have been waged in the name of god and money than anything else. If money was the real, and the only, reason yeah I'm pissed I got lied to but I do feel that taking Saddam out of power was something that needed to be done since the last Bush was president. If it was Germany, France, Italy or anyone other than the US that did it I would be happy he was out and would hope that they don't screw the rest of the world on oil prices from deals they make with the new Iraqi leaders, as I believe the US won't.(Yes I believe Oil/money was A reason but not the only or biggest. Then again I could be wrong.)

muggs

self

• Archived User
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2003, 07:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (muggs @ Dec 28 2003, 01:52 AM)
Stuff

Great! I'm sorry for the misunderstanding smile.gif
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16