xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Everyone Is Fucking Racist To Iranians/iraqis  (Read 196 times)

Intelligoth

• Archived User
Everyone Is Fucking Racist To Iranians/iraqis
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2003, 08:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (Juggerbot @ Dec 17 2003, 06:24 PM)
sad.gif Can anyone relate?

All middle eastern people seem to be related to Saddam...
When will all the fucking racism stop...

I don't have the time to argue on forums about Bush's actions...

AND FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME IM NOT MUSLIM!

I'm not even religeous...

I think the biggest single reason that there's a lot of anti-Arab sentiment in the US is the 9/11 attack.

The average American doesn't know the difference between an Egyptian / Saudi / Iraqi / Iranian / Syrian etc.  Remember there was an incident the day after 9/11 where an East Inidan Sikh was killed by some southern redneck because the Sikh was wearing a turban and was "somehow" responsible for WTC.   rolleyes.gif

I lived in Iran for 2 years and can tell the difference between Farsi and Arabic.  I never had a problem with the people in Iran, only the backward and oppressive government (and I'm not getting into that argument.)

The US since 9/11 feels very vulnerable and there's a lot of bitterness being focussed upon peoples who look like they could be of Arabic origin.

There's racism everywhere, and I honestly believe that *everyone* is racist to some extent.  What I think would go a long way towards more widespread acceptance of other cultures is a greater effort on the part of immigrants to assimilate into western society.

You're welcome to practise your beliefs and your religion, but don't bring your customs over here.  Don't bring what makes your native countries such an undesirable place to live.  I can't stand when immigrants (and I'm one myself) come over and try to make things over here exactly like they were back home.  If you're going to move to a different country and become a citizen, you should feel obligated to do your best to assimilate into your new culture.

Don't be a Chinese-American or Arab-American.  Be an AMERICAN. (I'm using the US as an example.)

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 08:19:00 AM »

^^when in rome...........^^ wink.gif

Juggerbot

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hercules Q Einstein @ Dec 18 2003, 06:15 AM)
HEY I GOT AN IDEA! Stop Fing complaining because people dont like you. Here are some steps to help make sure people dont be "racist"

1. Shower
2. Move out of the US if you hate everyone so much
3. Quit complaining

Also i take offence to your gross generalzation that all people at you school are racist, its only you.

stfu you racist bastard

I do shower, and I don't live in America fuckhead

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 08:43:00 PM »

I think it should be a rule now not to allow any topics that deal with racism on the boards. They get quickly out of hand. And besides, racist jokes are not allowed in Comedy, and I think it means the same for the entire board.
Pages: 1 [2]