xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Where Do You Think You Go When You Die?  (Read 1080 times)

Novahux

• Archived User
Where Do You Think You Go When You Die?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2003, 08:17:00 PM »

i don't care where I go, As long as I get to see a full screen pic of TGV's Avatar, before I die.

Hammy

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2003, 10:16:00 PM »

laugh.gif

GaijinPunch

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mast3r Ch13f @ Aug 25 2003, 01:02 PM)
NO BRAIN = NOTHING

I can't make it anymore clearer.

Dude... while I have no doubt that you and a shitlload of other people believe that's true, any spiritual person (or non-spiritual person that knows how to debate)  would just throw that argument out the window.

From a debatable point of view, your entitled to your opinions, but saying that b/c your (earthly) brain dies, nothing will happen to you, is a bit close-minded for this topic.  I very well accept that as a possibility, but, the bible even says you'll leave your earthly body here and get a knew one in heaven.  Why would that body not come w/o a brain?  See where we go?  A screaming match about whether the bible and it's 1000's of interpretations are correct.

S.K.Y.

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2003, 09:22:00 AM »

tongue.gif

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »

S.K.Y. thats just stupid....

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »

S.K.Y - You may want to consider seeking professional help.

GaijinPunch

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2003, 03:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (cainedna @ Aug 26 2003, 01:52 AM)

Gaijin, I totally see where you're coming from, but what about the rest of us who go through that stuff, who don't believe? Coincidence must happen on some levels, so even if say, you almost got hit by a truck for instance, there are logical factors that contribute to you getting hit or not, and plenty of people who have terrible things like that happening all the time.
I also respect Mr. Hawking quite a bit, but I don't know about the absence of an answer we can percieve being proof in a God, one defined as the Judeo-Christian one, for that matter.
It's like this: If there were nearly infinite possibilities for the universe to form, there had to be many possibilities for life to occur, and a number of ones that could support relatively self-aware species like humans, and if it wasn't one of those, the question wouldn't have been posed.
Crap, I digress. It's silly to presume so much about your own perceptions.

Well, it's glad to see people here can respect different opinions.  A topic like this is almost not worth arguing unless someone is swaying one way or another.  It's one the deepest seeded opinions a person can have, and any argument can live in stalemate.

The spiritual side of me says that everyone has these "non-coincidental acts" in their life, but don't see them.  The reasonalist inside me says that there is a lot of coincidence.

I think on a daily basis I'm somewhere in the middle.  IE - I don't really sit around and think about it too much.

On the note of Stephen Hawking.  I think it was more that he was disproving the notion that science disproves the existence of God.  (IE - if there was a beginning, there COULD BE something that created it).  His essay wasn't some Christian crusade.  It even said that the Big Bang is still theory, and of course, could be disproven at some point.  Interesting read.

Well, I think here we'd just need to agree to disagree.

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »

Whats the big bang http link i wunna read it up

defiance2004

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

we go to heavan

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2003, 04:45:00 PM »

lol u cant just say that

GaijinPunch

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2003, 06:16:00 PM »

But it seems that quantum effects can remove the most objectionable feature, of singularities in classical General Relativity. This is that the classical theory, does not enable one to calculate what would come out of a singularity, because all the Laws of Physics would break down there.  This would mean that science could not predict how the universe would have begun. Instead, one would have to appeal to an agency outside the universe. This may be why many religious leaders, were ready to accept the Big Bang, and the singularity theorems.

But, on the other hand...

It seems that Quantum theory, on the other hand, can predict how the universe will begin. (snip).  So real time would still have a beginning. But one wouldn't have to appeal to something outside the universe, to determine how the universe began. Instead, the way the universe started out at the Big Bang would be determined by the state of the universe in imaginary time. Thus, the universe would be a completely self-contained system.

Read it yourselves to see the rest.  Might turn your brain into mush though.

Mast3r Ch13f

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2003, 07:27:00 PM »

laugh.gif  jester.gif  biggrin.gif

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2003, 08:01:00 PM »

I gave Mr.Hwaking here a e-mail lets see what he says! if he does e-mail me back

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2003, 11:17:00 AM »

Any more thoughts from everyone?

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2003, 01:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mast3r Ch13f @ Aug 26 2003, 04:27 AM)
I just remembered a quote made by Bart Simpson on The Simpsons.  I think it fits this thread perfectly, also very funny.

Bart: "There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the Boogeyman or Michael Jackson."  laugh.gif  jester.gif  biggrin.gif

way the breathe - no breath...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10