xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Where Do You Think You Go When You Die?  (Read 1078 times)

Raver758

• Archived User
Where Do You Think You Go When You Die?
« on: August 23, 2003, 04:32:00 PM »

Lately I've been wondering where people go once they die. some people say heaven kingdom of great places be with your family. A big garden and of coarse there's people who say your something of the past you might be remembered for 3m's then gone. No one exactly does know where they go. I was wondering what you guys think. I had a dream today where I woke up and I saw some of my dead relatives I asked them where I was and it was this room with some other people I never saw in my life. Someone told me I had a heart attack in my sleep and I got here. So I'm waiting in this room which is a bit crowded but people are quite. I look down and I see myself in bed sleeping I started crying cause I didn't want to die I just don't want a thought of myself dead. So later on someone opened the door and everyone got up. Then all I remember someone said I was to young and I started rolling over and I woke up. It was a depressing dream overall but it makes you think do you really rot in the ground or is there something for future waiting for you.

Yeah I know some of you people on xbn are going to Flame at me but Just thought I'll bring this discussion up.

Thanks

brahm2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »

Interesting...

I think about death a fair bit but i always think about how i will die and what that will be like as opposed to the afterlife.

I think I am grossly desensitized when it comes to religion, the afterlife, politics...working in a bookstore, I see all the crank-pot theories and books on the topics. For example, the author Sylvia Brown(e?) has written numerous books on the topic...but they are all marketed to desperated middle aged women (you can so tell from the cover). Look here and see what i mean. The point I think I am trying to make is that anything in the media that pretains to the afterlife is bullshit. IF we have souls and IF they continue living when we die is beyond me.

Then again, it would be great if we moved on to a better place, but that gets us on the topic of heaven and hell. Sin and such. I would rather simply cease to exist than spend the rest of the afterlife in a place like hell. but I would also rather live in a better place than cease to exist. hmm...

damn dude this is deep...gotta go make some Deep 'N Delicious pizza and clear my mind...mmm delicious!

Mechazilla

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »

user posted image

brahm2

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2003, 05:16:00 PM »

Mechazilla, did you realize that picture is an animated .gif with 58 frames, all of which are identical? no wonder its 460 KB

dre145

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »

uhhum sorry this is just my point of view. this post isnt here to offend anyone just to share my point of view

This is something that we probably wont know since we cant die and live to tell about it.
Now people always think of the good and for the better. no one here admits they want to live life at the worst possiable rate right? people always say tomorrow will be better. People have made hope for them self's all throught the existence of man kind. religion and everything else is just a thing to give people hope and keep peace in the world. As we all think of the out come of our actions. Tell me when you havnt through that "God" was watching you and you shouldnt do something because *when* I die I'll go to hell.

all of this is just hope. im not saying hope is bad and that religion is bad. (Look its been around from "God" knows when) and its still around untill today keeping some sort of peace because its in everyones mind.

this might be a little hard to understand and read

but please dont be offended by this just prove me wrong and post your point of view I didnt post this to get flamed.

Mast3r Ch13f

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »

When we die I think there is nothing.

What I mean by this is that all what we are, is because of our brain.  It makes us think, feel, want, (basically your entire personality)etc.....  When we die, our brain dies which is what makes us who we are.

See where I'm getting at?

Concepts such as "afterlife" was created by people who feared not existing.  Afterlife makes death easier to accept.

Sad but true.

ivans_dc

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2003, 05:44:00 PM »

well what a simple question when you die you go .... into the ground, or into the flames... muhaha.gif

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2003, 06:09:00 PM »

Wherever you believe you're supposed to go.
In my opinion, human belief shapes everything. If you're Christian and you believe you've lived a good life (and your God agrees with you), you go to Heaven. Likewise, if you've believed yourself to be an irredeemable sinner, you'll suffer in Hell, regardless of how your God thinks of you. It's easy to think of yourself as a good person, so your God has to confirm this before you're rewarded. However, it isn't easy to honestly believe you deserve to suffer after you die, so your God won't oppose this (except in some very specific situations).
The same applies to every religion. If you're Shinto and believe to have followed the ways of your spirit pantheon (be it a nature spirit, an ancestor spirit, or "demon"), then you join said pantheon in whatever realm it is a part of... except, of course, you wish to be rewarded for a life of sin, whereas you'll get only suffering. (Confusing? Blame it on LSD! biggrin.gif)
Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll rot in the ground when I die. In the end, as long as the Cycle is preserved and I get my due reward/punishment, I have nothing to complain about, even if it's banishment to a sort of Oblivion.

Tengo_Down!

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2003, 06:15:00 PM »

Here the story with the man that died in the hospital but woke up later. It was coma.He said he saw his diseaced friends and families that greeted him, it was a wonderful experience he said. But once the man came out of stupor he returned to his body but he didn't want to. This was actual person, he was scoffed though

novaisgod

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

like Mechazilla sayed  "game over " , light out , bye bye , your gone  , their's no

comeing back in no shape or form

Syrus

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2003, 06:41:00 PM »

That got me thinking Raver758.

Recently my uncle passed away at the age of 47 (2months now). He passed from a massive stroke. Unfortunatley it damaged his brain to the point where he could not breathe on his own. It was very unfortunate.

A month before this happened, we celebrated the First Communion of his son. My mom and my uncle were talking. He asked her if she ever has dreams. She answered yes, and he asked what kind of dreams. Later he went on to tell her that lately he has been having dreams with many deceased family members. He told her about my grandfather, and grandmother. Also about my grandfather's brother. In life, they were all close.  But it was odd that he was having these dreams, and didn't know why he was having them.

So as I said, a month later he had died.

So the point of this story? Enjoy life. You never know when you will die.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2003, 07:45:00 PM »

When I die. I want my ashes spread across the lawns of MS/XBOX division.

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »

I've always heard that God speaks to everyone in different ways, and through the bible God speaks to every age at the same time.What do they mean? It means that the details are stated but not completely understood.
Well I was thinking about those statements while watching the discovery chanel.
I bring up the TV show because as I was watching some scientist proved the big bang theory. What they mentioned that got me thinking was they proved that there was more then one big bang. There were seven in under a second. As the Sixth implosion happened it created so much energy that a final explosion occured. That's just a little coincidence for me. But when they stated that only light escaped from the first bang I made sure I watched 'till the end. I forget the name of the program. But it was biased towards the side of religion. Which makes me still skeptical about the authentisity of the info. But the gave a figure that over 90% of scientist believe in a higher being. I mean who's going to beleive info from the chanell that runs alien specials all the time.

I belive my body will be put into the ground, my memories will live on in people I shared them with and if my spirit's strong enough I'll get to kick some demon ass at judgement day.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2003, 08:46:00 PM »

That just gave me a great idea...

HANKTOONS: Judgement Day

Senates684

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »

Even tho I do not like this at all, I believe we just rot in the dirt.  Remeber:  You only live once, make it useful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10