xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 557 times)

staticFLINT

• Archived User
Religion
« on: April 23, 2003, 10:29:00 PM »

religion's to me are just like cults... *opinion here*

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 10:43:00 PM »

Become one with yourself, Bevis.  How bout a little less pot, and a little more thought. wink.gif

loai

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 10:45:00 PM »

Mathman, just go do some calculations. Whatever you think, think it and keep it to yourself. Where the hell do you think you came from, what about the earth? mother nature? I will not get into a dispute, but the earth is proof enough. Just keep religion and your "theory" out of the scene. I am very relgious, and I think people would take offence to $hit that you say. Mods please lock this forum. Lets keep it out of the scene.

apoc519

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 11:22:00 PM »

religion? seems like a waste of time if you ask me

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 11:22:00 PM »

This may offend some of you, but the people that I've met that are super religious are CHEAP people and becomes blinded. I don't care if you're religious, but if you take that crap out of church and try to shove it in everyone's face, you got some issues. You're becoming a follower... Religion are man made and it's evil... MONEY is not the root of all EVIL like they say. IT's only EVIL if you let MONEY run your life and you live by it. Again, it's so EVIL.... that is why Vatican city is the richest city in the world from all those TAX FREE money going to them sent in by Benny Hin.  laugh.gif

as for Jesus, I don't think he'd like the fact that there are religion. I remember talking to some father guy and he told me that the dead sea scroll with Jesus actual words was taken by the Vaticans was probably destroyed because he believe that the TRUTH about what Jesus thought about religion was on there. The vaticans were scared NOT to get PAID anymore if people going to churches finds out about it.  laugh.gif Why do you guys think those statues cry blood, because the poor man on that cross is pissed off at these churches for doing nothing, but start wars, stealing the weak's money.

The only thing you should believe in is the Man upstairs. No need to live by a stupid Bible made up of nothing by soybean ink. Live true to yourself, stay out of trouble and you'll be fine.. I will NEVER believe that someone can be FORGIVEN after killing someone. That's b*llsh*t.  dry.gif

nazis X.

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 11:30:00 PM »

God, not this discussion again....
People are not necessarily followers because they go to Church and do what the Bible, their God, and their Pastor asks them to do... spread the word on Jesus and God. Most of the people who are just 'blindly' following a religion would follow something else that's possibly more destructive.
On a side note, what do you call it when you go into a Dojo, practice a grunt and a thrust, and then bow to your Sensai? Seems kind of ritualistic to me, which, if you notice, is the basis of every religion is... ritual events, that is. Simply because you don't go to Church does not make you an individual, nor does going to Church automatically make you a follower.
In a nutshell... getting into this debate is pointless. Let people believe in something; Now, more than ever, people NEED hope and strength, and if going to Church, Mosque, Karate lessons, or your Temple to the Kami gives you a belief in a higher power that, consequently, helps you lead a better life more fullfillingly, then that's fine in my book.

nonamer66

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 11:31:00 PM »

All I have to say is I didn't evolve from monkeys like socrates.  biggrin.gif

staticFLINT

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 11:31:00 PM »

^^ Did GOD create man? or did MAN create god? ohmy.gif

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 11:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (staticFLINT @ Apr 24 2003, 01:31 AM)

That is yet to be answered...

nazis X.

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 11:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (staticFLINT @ Apr 24 2003, 07:31 AM)

Maybe they both did, all at once, in that paradoxal, gordian knot sort of way. smile.gif

staticFLINT

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2003, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (nazis X. @ Apr 24 2003, 12:34 AM)
QUOTE (staticFLINT @ Apr 24 2003, 07:31 AM)

Maybe they both did, all at once, in that paradoxal, gordian knot sort of way. smile.gif

yes! that was it.... blink.gif

Lizard_King

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2003, 04:42:00 AM »

Belief in a higher power is founded on faith.  There can be no proof.  Equally, there can be no disproving the existence of a higher power.   That is the nature and dilemma of a God.

But I'll give you Pascal's Wager:  If there is a God, and you live your life morally and in a faithful manner, your gains are infinite.  If there isn't, and you still live your life in a moral and faithful manner, you at the very least have likely been a good human being, nothing to sneeze at.

Conversely, if there is a God and you choose to live your life in a manner antithetical to the Bible/Koran/etc, you are in deep shit.  If there isn't a God, and you choose to live  imorally, then you have likely been a burden to mankind.

What does this mean?  You have nothing to gain from giving up your faith, and EVERYTHING to lose.

Mind you, I myself have no place for religion in my life; but I have as much respect for the viewpoints of religious folks as I do for any other.  I do not regard their decisions as weakness, nor do I have the unfettered arrogance to think not believing makes one inherently less of a victim of manipulation.  My atheism is founded on personal issues, and I would never thrust my beliefs on others by thinking them inferior for something that is 100% opinion.

The only thing that matters as far as I am concerned is the sincerity of your beliefs.  There are false atheists just as there are false Christians, and neither is very worthwhile.  If you sincerely think God is not for you, then you shouldn't be asking other people what to think.  You should read, contemplate, and figure out what such a decision really means.  

It is not a democratic process that brings man truth.  You do not put these things up to vote.  You have to figure them out for yourself.

Keep in mind that if you ask at a place like X-S, the bulk of people will be against religion, simply because most young people rebel there first.  Some will be well thought out responses, but a lot will just be shit they heard someone they think is smart say once about atheism that they regurgitate.  

Some of the most incredibly good people in history have been atheists; likewise, all of the truly evil people in history have to have been atheists at their core, simply because no one who believed divine judgement was awaiting them would have been stupid enough to risk eternal damnation for earthly gain.

And loai this discussion has been had before at x-s, and will be had again.  If you don't like it don't click on it.  It is as valid as any other topic of debate on x-s, and there is no need for it to be a destructive discussion if people are just mature about their views being *OPINIONS* and not the absolute truth.

Krill123

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

If there is a God, and you live your life morally and in a faithful manner, your gains are infinite. If there isn't, and you still live your life in a moral and faithful manner, you at the very least have likely been a good human being, nothing to sneeze at.

Conversely, if there is a God and you choose to live your life in a manner antithetical to the Bible/Koran/etc, you are in deep shit. If there isn't a God, and you choose to live imorally, then you have likely been a burden to mankind.

What does this mean? You have nothing to gain from giving up your faith, and EVERYTHING to lose.

Wise words indeed.  But I see religion as a way of controlling people.. Make them scared so they won't be evil... I see the corruption.. The sheppard leading the flock... I say you shouldn't believe in something just because your affraid.. Affraid of the consequences if you don't believe in it..
To not follow blindly.. But think for yourself.

As for me.. I'm religious.. But I very rarely go to church cause I don't believe you have to be in a building to pray. God is everywhere.. And I pray for myself... To wish good things to those I care about.. Cause honestly.. Nothing bad can come from wishing good things for others.. So I see it more as a frame of mind.... I believe to achieve inner peace.

I believe to give my life meaning.

ruffles_x

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2003, 07:17:00 AM »

I believe in Good, whatever you whant to name it, but i dont believe in any church, cause i dont feel comfortable on anyone to this day, i believe that the important thing is to keep you informed, i readed the Bible, Book of Mormon(i dont know how to say Mormon in english but is the UTHA one), parts of the coran and many book about budusim that i dont find it to be a church anyway, so i can understand other people belief and respect it.

Sorry about my Bad english

hump

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2003, 08:35:00 AM »

first to be an Athiesist is not to belive in some thing there fore beliving in nothing is still beliving in something.
and the person who created the theory of evolution was charels darwin.

as for me and god yeah i do belive but i never shaken his hand you just have to belive hes there.

no one belived a young scientist when he said every thing is made up small molecules grouped together called atoms, not un till 50-60 years later they invented the electron microscope and they proved his theory was right. his name was einstien.

just have to have faith  smile.gif
thx hump
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6