xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: WAR ON IRAQ <- All Posts, POLLS, Question, and  (Read 1522 times)

survivorejam

• Archived User
WAR ON IRAQ <- All Posts, POLLS, Question, and
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2003, 06:29:00 AM »

EDIT ---> thread got locked for a while ...

survivorejam

• Archived User
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2003, 09:08:00 AM »

EDIT ---> Hi-ho  silva ... AWAY !

GREGWILLRULEYOU

• Archived User
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (Lizard_King @ Jun 15 2003, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (survivorejam @ Jun 15 2003, 03:29 PM)
this mate is called a "flame me post".
Do it again and you will be sorry ...

What are you going to do about it, shit drinker?  You're going to be a whiny bitch anyway, so I don't think Colonel will be "sorry" about shit either way.  Here's a thought:  try threatening people that think you have some ability to affect their lives.  Or go back to prolonging the vicious cycle of child molestation that has obviously brought you to this sad state of affairs.  I don't care.  

hehe your a jackass I think he could effect your life in more than one way blink.gif What the Fuck is a shit drinker?Do us all a favor and just shut the fuck up.

muhaha.gif You fuck with one you fuck with all  muhaha.gif

XB0X_Mod

• Archived User
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2003, 12:05:00 PM »

This topic is being locked temporaraly until flaming calms down!

survivorejam until you can prove there is anything to do with it that report was a waste of time... except for the rude comment on it, you know who posted it and he/she knows who they are...

Edit: Please remove your flames or edit them, preferably delete them.... please no more of this flaming and topic crapping, I have got better things to do while you lot have access to an online community that is being destroyed by the so called "Hooligans.." pls, for the sake of everyones peace online?

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »

So do you guys think there are missiles?

bong888

• Archived User
« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2003, 12:41:00 PM »

no - never was

NeO529

• Archived User
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2003, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (bong888 @ Jun 17 2003, 03:41 PM)
no - never was

never was?  laugh.gif There definatly were. What do you think the gulf war was all about??? Perhaps you meant that there wasn't since the beginning of this little "war" we started.

bong888

• Archived User
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

yeah that is what i ment!!
the war was not about missiles

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »

wink.gif

No missiles? never were?  I'm amazed to see that people still believe saddam never had a weapons program.  C'mon, he admitted to it years ago... spent the last 11 years developing great ways to hide them.  You bleeding heart lefties will give Hans Blix and his roadies years to wander around iraq, but won't give the military but 2 MONTHS to find 'em.  Hello, my friend... Iraq is the size of california... if california was riddled with underground *hiding* places, would you find anything in two months?

Clearly, the pres and his admin used the WMD excuse to oust saddam... knowing that they will most likely find WMD somewhere in iraq, someday.  But either way, many people, whether they appreciate it/realize it, have received justice in saddam's removal.  They may never realize it, but oh well -- that's the beauty of ignorance.

No gov't is perfect... of course our (the us) gov skews facts.  Govt's need to skew facts to a degree in order to keep order.  it's never a good idea to spill all the intel, now is it.  Of course, living in your comfy 3-bedroom house with your Xbox makes it easy to say that it was all a hoax and saddam is somewhere raising puppies.  Wake up my friend, not everyone lives like you do...

Diplomacy is a great thing... but it doesn't work in every case... ask mussolini, ask hitler, ask kim jung il... wake up, folks smile.gif

Just my political 2 cents... i dont hate the UN... i dont hate peace.  I love peace as does anyone.  But let's not be naive or ignorant... i dont doubt that the gov't lied about the urgency of the WMD, but let's understand the facts.

Edit: just wanted to add one other short thing... currently the most prominent of attacks against our troops' progress.  We are not there to steal the world's oil.  As you know (since it's a huge issue), the war cost a great deal... and the rebuilding of iraq will cost even more.  Now people are bitching that iraq's oil is being used to rebuild iraq?  iiiinteresting.

GREGWILLRULEYOU

• Archived User
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (Lizard_King @ Jun 17 2003, 05:32 PM)
Greg, I'm terrified.  I don't know what I will do now that you and your posse of imaginary friends have it in for me.  

Sorry didnt mean to scare you  blink.gif I htink htis war was bs never should of happened it was a ego war.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »

An ego war?  what's that exactly?  Sounds like one of those hathcock theories that you brewed up after watching carson daly's TV show.  Where's the concrete evidence?  C'mon people!  Debate!  Critical thinking!!

If you just simply mean that bush initiated this whole sequence just because he woke up one morning needing a boost in self-esteem, you need to pull your thoughts together.  Hasn't it occured to you that maybe there's a liiiittle more to it?

Because after all, wars are fun, aren't they greg.  (ignorance is bliss ;-])

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #221 on: June 17, 2003, 02:31:00 PM »

wink.gif

Lizard_King

• Archived User
« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (fletch_dev @ Jun 18 2003, 05:15 AM)
Hey Lizard I read up there that you would be happy to let this thread die smile.gif I don't have an opinion either way on that, but if it does fade away then I'd like to thank you now for your patience with some of my posts. I'd like to also thankyou for your point of view and colonel32 for his.

It was fun while it lasted.  Or at least interesting.  

Off topic for a minute, those people who have a sig that is taller than it is wide, could you please examine the dimensions of a standard PC monitor paying particurlar attention to the ratio between width and height. While I'm on this line of thought, a 500 pixel high sig is more a wallpaper than a sig imo. I mean I'm on 1152x864 and some of these crap sigs are taking up half my screen. (your new sig does look good Lizard and more importantly it meets my stringent size regulations laugh.gif ) hehehe

You're preaching to the choir here.  And thanks.  TGV did an exceptional job, for no other reason than having spare time.

On topic, whatever the reason was for the war, whether it be free oil for everyone, WMD's, elimination of terrorist cells or the liberation of the oppressed, I still don't know why we had this particular war. I want cold hard facts. I want facts that leave no room for deabte, I want to be able to say "ok that's why we had that war, there obviously was no other way".

I think you're mixing a lot of distinct issues in this question, which I think will give you wholly unsatisfying answers.  
1. I think I've gone into depth in the past on why in my opinion the war was/should be waged.  At this point, and for quite some time, opinions are all we have.
2. I would love to see which frame of reference you are operating in re: "cold hard facts".  Last I checked, there are still no such things in historical events, even ones that are examined closely with lots of material at hand.   We have some facts, and a lot of opinions, but what it comes down to is an ideological question.  There will always be room for debate, even if incredibly sound facts arose for either side, because it is as much a moral and cultural issue as it as a rational one.

The reason I want this is because that's why I vote. That's why I want a democratic government. The fundamental role of the government is to represent the people and you can't do that unless you present good, reliable and umambiguous evidence and based on that evidence present a course of action that is supported by logic and sound reasoning.

That makes one of us.  I don't want a democratic government; I agree with the guys that came up with the term that it is tantamount to mob rule.  There is no such things as true representation in any government; the proper role of representation in government like America's small r republic is not to do exactly as 51% of the people want but to moderate the most extreme impulses of the masses and the influence of demagogues.  

So to get back to your question, I don't think that's ever happened, anywhere, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it, either.

We shouldn't even be having this debate. The reasons and the evidence should be widely known and accepted or am I over-simplifying matters?

I think you are, but for the right reasons, at least.  

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2003, 08:47:00 PM »

Anyhow, Colonel, I actually saw something of a future to the roadmap for peace up until Israel cleverly decided to throw the whole thing in the shitter for some targeted assassinations, thus giving Hamas the excuse to continue their bullshit.

Why not put the assholes on both sides in one room and let them beat each other to death?

yep i'm not too optimistic about the whole thing anymore sad.gif
never thought i'd say it, but bush really needs to flex his muscles - sharon gave the radicals and excuse by bombing gaza - abbas seems to be handling it somewhat well tho, at least on the exterior dry.gif

and sorry i didn't mean to start a big flamewar - wish i could have seen what he said laugh.gif - just see a lot of negativity about everything on this site and all the regulars seem to have jumped ship - thank you tech tv for the kids

fletch dev - same to you too beerchug.gif

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
« Reply #224 on: June 18, 2003, 11:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (Lizard_King @ Jun 18 2003, 08:57 PM)
You're preaching to the choir here.  And thanks.  TGV did an exceptional job, for no other reason than having spare time.

Hey man I did it because ur a cool guy 2!  laugh.gif
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16