xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: How Was The Universe Created?  (Read 1337 times)

Lbtg43

• Archived User
How Was The Universe Created?
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hulk Hogan @ Mar 14 2003, 06:56 PM)
I didn't read any of the posts, maniacs. Look at all the pages dude! It's way too many words for me to comprehend man! But anyway, to the question. When I hear the word universe, I assume you mean Hulkamania duuuuude! And NOBODY, not even that dirty no good Mr. McMahon created Hulkamania but the fans, brah! The fans created Hulkamania, or as you guys call it, the "universe." And at Wrestlemania I'll prove it brother!

laugh.gif

someone ban this guy

Raised

• Archived User
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hulk Hogan @ Mar 14 2003, 06:56 PM)
I didn't read any of the posts, maniacs. Look at all the pages dude! It's way too many words for me to comprehend man! But anyway, to the question. When I hear the word universe, I assume you mean Hulkamania duuuuude! And NOBODY, not even that dirty no good Mr. McMahon created Hulkamania but the fans, brah! The fans created Hulkamania, or as you guys call it, the "universe." And at Wrestlemania I'll prove it brother!

die

Lizard_King

• Archived User
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2003, 05:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (Raised @ Mar 14 2003, 11:03 PM)
You think animals know they will die one day? That would be great, but unfortunatly very doubtful. Being aware of danger doesn't mean being aware of death.

And you know this because...?

The only difference between a man and an ape, in any sense that matters biologically, is the greater complexity (by our standards, although I'd like to see a human brain process visual information like a fly does, or anything like that...it's all in what you're suited for).  It stands to reason that animals have some concept of death, particularly in the more near sentient ones.  What would you say the great dividing line is biologically that permits you to know of death and not animals?

That is absolutely not what I think, or said. Hormones and instincts might influence a certain part of our behavior, but that "alpha male" crap is wrong. It's just like the myth of "maternal instincts", total crap. What is true for a pack of wolves or zebra is by no means apply to humans. If you don't agree I will elaborate.

Please, do elaborate.  Tell me how mothers aren't driven to protect their youth, and how women aren't naturally drawn to strong, aggressive males that dominate their peers.  There are plenty of misconceptions about female behavior, for example, like the myth that females are kinder and more gentle than males by nature (and surely the societal preconceptions we have about that arise largely from environmental/social factors); however that does not mean that the maternal instinct does not exist in human females.  Why would something true for every other species suddenly disappear in humans?  Are you going to tell me that every time a woman is protective of her child she is acting rationally rather than based on the instinct that drives her to protect it?  Are you going to ignore the role, for example, that smell and taste play in human attraction?

And Freud.. Freud did some amazing work, yet he is closer to Miss Cleo than to Skinner on a matter of scientific value.

That was a joke.  Here I am, using an emoticon and all, and no one sees it....

But to call Freud Miss Cleo is uncalled for; his actual works are quite interesting and groundbreaking.  For instance, his analysis of Woodrow Wilson is a real page-turner, for a psych book.  People get all snotty about Freud's work with libido and specific sexual fixations, but in truth his philosophical works and his scientific works did much to advance the field of psychology (and, unfortunately, the mostly fraudulent field of psychiatry...but that's a story for another day).

Raised

• Archived User
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2003, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (Lizard_King @ Mar 14 2003, 09:31 PM)

And Freud.. Freud did some amazing work, yet he is closer to Miss Cleo than to Skinner on a matter of scientific value.

That was a joke.  Here I am, using an emoticon and all, and no one sees it....

But to call Freud Miss Cleo is uncalled for; his actual works are quite interesting and groundbreaking.  For instance, his analysis of Woodrow Wilson is a real page-turner, for a psych book.  People get all snotty about Freud's work with libido and specific sexual fixations, but in truth his philosophical works and his scientific works did much to advance the field of psychology (and, unfortunately, the mostly fraudulent field of psychiatry...but that's a story for another day).

And you know this because...?

The only difference between a man and an ape, in any sense that matters biologically, is the greater complexity (by our standards, although I'd like to see a human brain process visual information like a fly does, or anything like that...it's all in what you're suited for).  It stands to reason that animals have some concept of death, particularly in the more near sentient ones.  What would you say the great dividing line is biologically that permits you to know of death and not animals?

The obvious communication barrier doesn't permit me to elaborate much further about this.. so I'll let it go

Please, do elaborate.  Tell me how mothers aren't driven to protect their youth, and how women aren't naturally drawn to strong, aggressive males that dominate their peers.  There are plenty of misconceptions about female behavior, for example, like the myth that females are kinder and more gentle than males by nature (and surely the societal preconceptions we have about that arise largely from environmental/social factors); however that does not mean that the maternal instinct does not exist in human females.  Why would something true for every other species suddenly disappear in humans?  Are you going to tell me that every time a woman is protective of her child she is acting rationally rather than based on the instinct that drives her to protect it?

Maternal instincts are absolutely not a rule in the animal kingdom. There is such a diversity in Nature that you can't rationnally extract any laws from it. For every example, you can find a counter-example. Think about sea turtles, if you want an example of an animal with an absence of maternal instinct
What unites a human mothers and their children is not instinct, it's no more than an emotional bond, albeit very strong. Emotions are not instincts, they are the result of one's value system, personnality, etc.  This is why there are plenty of bad, careless mothers having their child taken away by Youth Protection agencies every year.

Are you going to ignore the role, for example, that smell and taste play in human attraction?[/

No, however this plays a limited part in the process, there is much more to it. Are you going to tell me that what you first look for in a woman is Large hips and thighs, and sufficient fat reserves - the qualities of a good child bearer? Could you consider forming a couple with the most annoying woman because she looks, smells, tastes fantastic? Are you also going to tell me that when women look for a partner, they seek a wealthy man to support their child?

Oh and Freud is wonderful theorist, period.

Raised

• Archived User
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2003, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (Lizard_King @ Mar 14 2003, 10:17 PM)
The obvious communication barrier doesn't permit me to elaborate much further about this.. so I'll let it go

Yeah, I think you're on to something there.  

I think our disagreement is based more on semantics and preconceptions about the other's notions than actual, vast divides of opinion.  I am willing to pronounce this horse beaten to death if you are.

beerchug.gif

Fair enough.. Always pleasant to dance with you LK   biggrin.gif

Bottom line is: In all it's ugliness, Men pwnz the animal kingdom.

Squirrel_ESS_GEN

• Archived User
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2003, 09:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hulk Hogan @ Mar 14 2003, 11:56 PM)

I agree with him.

Rollo

• Archived User
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2003, 09:41:00 PM »

someone ban this guy

No Way!!
What are you gonna do??????when the Hulkster wraps his 22 inch guns around you!!!!!!

Holy Crap! i can't believe this thread is still runnin'

Lizard_King

• Archived User
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2003, 11:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (Squirrel_ESS_GEN @ Mar 21 2003, 06:22 AM)
QUOTE (Hulk Hogan @ Mar 14 2003, 11:56 PM)

I agree with him.

WTF is this? Dig up old dead threads to spam on day?

[realizes he just did the same]

DAMMIT!

ph7

• Archived User
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2003, 12:12:00 AM »

one last thing....y'know about the whole noah thing where allegedly god flooded the earth to start again (kinda like an Etch a sketch) it was kinda flawed any thing that could swim got away with it! It was a loop hole!

Noah would've been asking all the animals to get on the ark, and the ducks and fish and that would've gone "why?"  So the flood failed, there are still evil fish out there. Muahahahahaa

ph7

• Archived User
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2003, 05:45:00 AM »

ah.....that explains it all...cheers!

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2003, 05:52:00 AM »

tongue.gif

Novahux

• Archived User