xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Another Space Shuttle Lost  (Read 817 times)

eug2k

• Archived User
Another Space Shuttle Lost
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »

i dont get the joke

Hammy

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »

I guess that same old joke will suface again,what does nasa stand for,Need Another Seven Astonauts (Again) laugh.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2003, 05:58:00 PM »

What's odd about the "Elijah" image is that I just finished watching Unbreakable on the Mystery Channel tonight.

Kind of strange.

The book I'm reading, "Manifold Origin" by Stephen Baxter, is part of a series that has a serious love affair with NASA (not a bad thing, just that there's a lot of detail with our current state of technology and space travel involved).

gsxr

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2003, 07:27:00 PM »

Well, my heart goes out to the famillies.. on a sidenote though, speaking of Unbreakable it made me remember about the short "Unbakeable" and made me chuckle watched it like a year ago and just remembered about it lol..

here's a description of - "Unbakeable", Unbakeable is a 10min. parody on M. Night Shyamalan's "Unbreakable" with Bruce Willis. In the original, Willis played a character that was never got sick or injured, nearly invincible. His nemesis, Dr. Glass (Samuel L. Jackson) was just the opposite, having a condition that made him extremely fragile. Salamoff's parody had the two opposites in a quite different predicament. David Done discovers one day that he has never in his life been drunk or stoned. He is incapable, and only realizes this after an all night bender where no one is left conscious. The realization is brought to him by his nemesis, "Dr. Grass" (Orlando Jones "Evolution") who is just the opposite, and cannot consume any substance of any kind. They test the theory on David, giving him pounds of drugs to consume, but to no avail.  biggrin.gif

KazuyaWaruasobi

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2003, 07:33:00 PM »

I didn't read any of the previous posts. Just so you know. Anyway. . .this is the fucking goverment's fault. There's no Cold War, so there's no raeson to fund the Space Program. How's that for moving forward? No need for cultural and technological advancement if there's no petty competition with another country. . . .Gods I hate America. . . dry.gif

N00bvin

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2003, 08:10:00 PM »

Don't hate America... hate the beaurocrats.

Now as far as colonizing space... and diseases that kill the population in one fell swoop... you been watching too much Star Trek.

We can do just fine on this planet if we take our resources, and put it towards education... not just in places like Kentucky or West Virginia... but the world.

BJ, I just don't buy you're whole Darwinist thinking.  You're talking survival of the fittest... the "circle of life".  We don't have to follow the same rules as animals.  We must first re-educate the populations and find clean sources of energy... the rest will take care of itself.  I agree that the world is full of consumers... but you're acting like that is just "okay"... let's just trash out planet fat, dumb and happy... then move somewhere else.  Our place are both science fiction, but I want to take the high road.

I give a couple of thousand every year to charity... does my money make any difference?  No, but if everyone actually GAVE A SHIT about there fellow man and did something about it, maybe EVERYONE could do something.  No, unfortunately people think... it's not MY problem... but it is...

The thing is... I hate NO RELIGIOUS beliefs at all... more religious disbeliefs than anything, so don't think I'm taking THAT angle.

Okay, every time you see a starving child, you say they should stop having babies... well exactly what are YOU doing about that?  Maybe they should learn that in school?  Oh wait, they don't HAVE schools.  Ah, just let that baby starve because I need to buy Panzer Dragoon this weekend...

This kind of shit really puts things in perspective for me.  I try to help, but I always wonder if I do enough.  I'm not trying to be fucking Sally Struthers... I'm not asking anyone to give anything.  Just try not to have the attitude that it doesn't matter, and if everything doesn't work out, I'll just move to goddamn Mars.

Once again... these are MY views... take it as you will.

Marmite

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2003, 08:25:00 PM »

They found a charred torso, a femer and a skull. That sucks.

KazuyaWaruasobi

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »

Good old fashioned Texas BBQ. Aaaaaw. . .was that too insensitive for you? lol Blame the liberal media ^_~

theagent

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2003, 09:42:00 PM »

Okay, every time you see a starving child, you say they should stop having babies... well exactly what are YOU doing about that? Maybe they should learn that in school? Oh wait, they don't HAVE schools. Ah, just let that baby starve because I need to buy Panzer Dragoon this weekend...

d00d i'd buy a better game then panzer dragoon!

my view on space exploration>>
i think they should develop better fuels and better launch techniques...they should
focus their time and energy's on creating an unlimited power supply thats LIKE solar power but more efficient.   they should work on creating a managable, contained "sun"/"star"  don't call me an idiot-its do-able...i watch more discovery channel then ANYONE... dry.gif
they're wasting time with the search of extraterrestrials in our solar system...i understand going to mars...might be livable...but if you've ever heard of the uropa project...they're going to send a pod to break through the ice on the 16th moon of jupiter in hopes of finding life underwater...  what a fuckn waste of time and money.   maybe creating better fuels...or breaking the light barrier..maybe that could get us closer...instead of just knowing theres something there.  cause we all know there has to be life out there somewhere...whats the point though if you can't even communicate or see for yourself.?

theagent

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2003, 09:58:00 PM »

NASA really wants to find life anywhere besides earth.

Life existing in other places in the universe would support evolution, NASA cannot accept that there is a God and that He created everything, so they do/spend all they can to try to "prove" the theory of evolution, which is, of course, changing constantly as it keeps getting disproved. I might add that Creation (from the Christian/Protestant Bible) has never been disproven and hasn't been changed in 2000+ years (the creation account was written my Moses around 4000+ years ago).

I say that, either the scientists back then were a hell of a lot smarter than they are now, or, that it's true. Or... both... maybe..

the question "is there a god" will never be answered--it'll drive a person insane just thinking about it...let me give you a taste... we were created from nothing but hydrogen...the big bang...a star was created from an exploding star and gravity...also creating the planets after it implodes then explodes...that is just ONE...out of trillions..(infinite more like it)...now go beyond that--whats containg these stars and the universe??  what created that??  whats containing the container of the universe...and what created that??

sssoooo on.

theagent

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2003, 10:04:00 PM »

i should also say, and i've said this pointlessly before...i almost piss myself when i stare at stars.
they scare the shit outta me.

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2003, 10:07:00 PM »

Who the hell cares what NASA is trying to prove! Seven men lost their lives today. Seven men who had families who cared about them. We should be greving for them not making jokes about the tragedy....................

theagent

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »

But it is easier to believe in a god than in randomness, eh?

All I have to believe is that God always existed (a bit beyond human comprehension). Evolutionists/NeoDarwinists have to have faith in so much more (mutations causing negative effects on the universe to comply with the 2nd law of thermodynamics, where did the original elements come from for the big bang? where did the space come from to host those elements? How come planets and moons rotate in different directions? etc...).

imho it's not easier to believe in either one....they're both endless...and cause great big headaches!
if you asked, for example: "where did the space come from to host those elements"
you could very well ask: where did god come from...and what is "hosting" heaven/hell??
in our minds--there always has to be "one" that creates the "other". we just can't comprehend.. we have to believe that something can't exist without having a place to exist...whch has to have a place to exist...which has to.....etc.etc.etc.

theagent

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2003, 10:39:00 PM »

i'd also like to say...you all should be thanking f*ckn jupiter for your lives!!!!

KazuyaWaruasobi

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2003, 10:46:00 PM »

True that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8