xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Another Space Shuttle Lost  (Read 818 times)

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
Another Space Shuttle Lost
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2003, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (El-Bandido @ Feb 1 2003, 02:30 PM)
hxxp://www.minghia.net/shuttle.jpg smile.gif

and i read on cnn the shuttle was from 1981
wtf? 21 years old and they still dare going into space with that thing.

and strenght to the astronauts families

I didn't see that on CNN.
user posted image

fadeaway

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2003, 10:56:00 AM »

I dunno.. I looked at some other NASA photos... something fishy here...

user posted image

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2003, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ Feb 1 2003, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (smokeingit @ Feb 1 2003, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (N00bvin @ Feb 1 2003, 06:22 PM)
oh yeah, this was the Israeli flight...

hrmmm... terrorism?

Hm.... NO
In the bible it forbids God's People (Israeli's) to go to space. it is not there's to go to, it belongs to God.

Uhhh... There was an Israeli astronaut on the shuttle.

DING DING DING! you got it! there was one, cprl. ramon thus the reason it failed. you see what i mean?

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2003, 11:16:00 AM »

Well we have the same God, but they dont believe that Jesus Christ being the son of God. where most other religions do.They only live by 1st testament. everyone else that is Christian Chathlic and other do both 1 and 2

007jamesbond

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2003, 11:22:00 AM »

On a other forum i made alot of people very pissed, when i said as joke that the causing of the crash this guy was:

what do you guys think of it? i think its a bit overreacting, gsus i didnt mean to hurt there feelings

user posted image

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2003, 11:25:00 AM »

smile.gif

In all seriousness... STS-107...  R.I.P.

007jamesbond

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »

sad.gif

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2003, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (007jamesbond @ Feb 1 2003, 03:59 PM)
http://www.q3canteena.org

you should read at free for all, there all yelling at me cause of that picture, gsus no sense of humor

They must have never saw unbreakable and don't get the joke.

vincent_y79

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (zipx @ Feb 1 2003, 08:15 AM)
well no big deal shit happens

its no worse than a car accident that kills 8 people and the car accident only gets a 1 line blurb in the paper and everyone forgets a day later.

I think that comment is a little insensitive. You might as well say the same thing about the 9/11 event. Shit happens, they died, so does other of hundreds of people out there. Don't you see something wrong when you disgregard the lost of 8 lives just because people die everyday? Even if you don't think its tragic or anything, it's still 8 lives that worked hard trying to achieve their dreams and died doing it.

methadone_pretty

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2003, 12:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (El-Bandido @ Feb 1 2003, 07:30 PM)
hxxp://www.minghia.net/shuttle.jpg smile.gif

and i read on cnn the shuttle was from 1981
wtf? 21 years old and they still dare going into space with that thing.

and strenght to the astronauts families

the shuttle is pretty much rebuilt every 4 or 5 trips, so yes the frame was old - that was about it tho, its hardly old

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (N00bvin @ Feb 1 2003, 04:24 PM)
No, in a way, I agree that such a big deal shouldn't be made... or more to the point, more attention should be spent elsewhere....

I totally agree that it IS a tragedy, and one that I wish had not have happened... HOWEVER, where is the news coverage on the people who die everyday just struggling to survive?  These people are NOT following their dreams... they just want to live a normal life.  We are (as in the media) covering this loss of life that was incurred after spending BILLIONS, where we could be saving millions of lives with this same funding.

We're spending billions on what?  Space exploration?  I'm sorry, but I don't see how that has helped things the past 50 years.  Velco and Tang is all I have seen...

Meanwhile, back on Earth, I still see people starving all over the world.  I see us using up our natural resources.  Hey, maybe all these "brilliant minds" at NASA should be working on things that can benefit us here on Earth?

I mean, really, would you buy a Mercedes and drive cross country when you house is a piece of shit that is just getting worse.  No, you take care of your home... THEN you travel.

Actually, I'd RATHER we explore space than feed the starving.

Why? Because feeding the starving consumes resources we have too little of these days, as does curing cancer or extending the lives of people who can't care for themselves.

The human race is beginning to look like cockroaches, scurrying all over the place, using up everything on the planet.

On the other hand, we might have had colonies on the Moon and Mars by now.... self-sustaining colonies, had we continued to press with the fervor and determination we had to reach the moon in the 60s.

The human race could be wiped out by a single virulent organism - all because we are still scraping int he dirt instead of living among the stars. Mankind is not past the danger point.

The cure for cancer, or soy meal delivered to nomads living in a desert will do nothing to save the race when some bug comes out of the jungles or some military lab.

It's time we got our priorities straight. Let's stop extending the lives of people who only consume at an alarming rate. Let's start TRULY exploring and expanding man's domain and ability to exploit extra-terrestrial resources.

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2003, 01:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Feb 1 2003, 04:40 PM)
Actually, I'd RATHER we explore space than feed the starving.

Why? Because feeding the starving consumes resources we have too little of these days, as does curing cancer or extending the lives of people who can't care for themselves.

The human race is beginning to look like cockroaches, scurrying all over the place, using up everything on the planet.

On the other hand, we might have had colonies on the Moon and Mars by now.... self-sustaining colonies, had we continued to press with the fervor and determination we had to reach the moon in the 60s.

The human race could be wiped out by a single virulent organism - all because we are still scraping int he dirt instead of living among the stars. Mankind is not past the danger point.

The cure for cancer, or soy meal delivered to nomads living in a desert will do nothing to save the race when some bug comes out of the jungles or some military lab.

It's time we got our priorities straight. Let's stop extending the lives of people who only consume at an alarming rate. Let's start TRULY exploring and expanding man's domain and ability to exploit extra-terrestrial resources.

The starving can feed themselves. If I was starving I'd be out in the woods violating or fishing. Heck I've ate things that some folks wont eat. I must be part hillbilly. Racoon is good eating. Also I eat my roadkill because I don't believe is wasting food  wink.gif  So when BenJeremy is over he might want to ask what the mystery meat on the dinner table is  laugh.gif

Heck my sister hit a deer with her car in the middle of the night. My dad and I went and gutted it and brought it home then cut that sucker up. There is food all around us. People just don't hunt for their food anymore.

As for the rest of the world. They can do the same. If there isn't much food then they should stop having so many kids. That's what I think each time I see the commercials on TV with kids that have flies crawling on them saying send us money.

I know I'll be flamed now for being such a cruel bastard. But that's my opinion.

007jamesbond

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2003, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (N00bvin @ Feb 1 2003, 08:24 PM)
No, in a way, I agree that such a big deal shouldn't be made... or more to the point, more attention should be spent elsewhere....

I totally agree that it IS a tragedy, and one that I wish had not have happened... HOWEVER, where is the news coverage on the people who die everyday just struggling to survive?  These people are NOT following their dreams... they just want to live a normal life.  We are (as in the media) covering this loss of life that was incurred after spending BILLIONS, where we could be saving millions of lives with this same funding.

We're spending billions on what?  Space exploration?  I'm sorry, but I don't see how that has helped things the past 50 years.  Velco and Tang is all I have seen...

Meanwhile, back on Earth, I still see people starving all over the world.  I see us using up our natural resources.  Hey, maybe all these "brilliant minds" at NASA should be working on things that can benefit us here on Earth?

I mean, really, would you buy a Mercedes and drive cross country when you house is a piece of shit that is just getting worse.  No, you take care of your home... THEN you travel.

i agree with n00bvin, but i also respect other peoples opinions!

007jamesbond

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

i agree with that, was more ment as a cheerup, but at a unappropriate time my mistake
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8